Looks like Ford is coming out with a competitor

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The fact that the premier is in 25 minutes and is nowhere to be found on ford.com tells me that this will be non-mainstream, expensive AF enthusiast car made in small numbers. Which further makes sense that it's being announced at Monterey vs something like the Detroit Auto Show. Still gunna tune in though
I think you have it off by an hour. 8:30 Eastern. It's 7:12 now.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
"Its not the best mustang weve ever produced" At least they are being upfront!! cant believe he said that lol.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
"Its not the best mustang weve ever produced" At least they are being upfront!! cant believe he said that lol.
I think maybe they are giving deference to the old mustangs and cobras?

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Definetely not competing in the looks department at 300k.
Yea, at this price range it can't look like a SEMA version of a Mustang. They needed the proportions to shift like the C8 Corvette did.

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yea, at this price range it can't look like a SEMA version of a Mustang. They needed the proportions to shift like the C8 Corvette did.
It's not mid-engine! They just shifted the motor rearward to say it's "front mid" which is so stupid.

The inboard suspension is cool and all, but it probably isn't actually needed.

Screenshot_20230817-204034.png

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ok well I am dissapointed. Really just doesnt look good. Wheels are nice though, I do enjoy those. But paying high dollar for a Mustang? Carbon Fiber Tub? Ill just buy a McLaren.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I am a Mustang lover. I have a Dark Horse on order but I give this a hard pass. I am not even a fan of the 718 GT4 RS looks. My taste are for more simple designs I guess. For instance, one of my favorites is an 812 Superfast. Ford already makes the GT which I think is a good looking car.

#nothingburger

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
They're "targeting" sub 7 minutes at the Ring. I mean, I would hope so! C'mon.

Here's the actual suspension layout. This doesn't seem necessary from a packaging perspective.

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

Attachments

• 1692319776787.png
    1692319776787.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 14

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Die hard Mustang buyers will buy them, and probably low production anyways… they are trying to capture some Porsche GT3/4/rs vibes. Epic fail in the looks department. Really bad actually. I’m sure it will put down some good lap times tho.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am a Mustang lover. I have a Dark Horse on order but I give this a hard pass. I am not even a fan of the 718 GT4 RS looks. My taste are for more simple designs I guess. For instance, one of my favorites is an 812 Superfast. Ford already makes the GT which I think is a good looking car.

#nothingburger
Recently saw a white Mach 1 with the factory graphics. Man… what a beautiful car. Couldn't take my eyes off of it.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I mean... It's cool looking in an obnoxious furutistic muscle car way. I don't hate it, but it's certainly not pretty. I'm sure it's a blast to drive. But $300k? 😂😂😂
Yeah, kinda has those "Bladerunner prop car" vibes to it... 😄

Welp. I guess that's that.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I mean... It's cool looking in an obnoxious furutistic muscle car way. I don't hate it, but it's certainly not pretty. I'm sure it's a blast to drive. But $300k? 😂😂😂
Is it really 300k?