Let's talk about the Emira's seats...

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm going to wait and see if anyone designs a lower rail system to get the existing seats closer to the floor. There has to be a way to accomplish it, maybe by eliminating the fore/aft electric motor.

If not, the older Evora seats in Cognac might be a reasonable match for the Emira tan leather.

2013_Lotus_Evora_S.jpg.9e4657dda2bcc6c4a5db65db201c0154.jpg

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm going to wait and see if anyone designs a lower rail system to get the existing seats closer to the floor. There has to be a way to accomplish it, maybe by eliminating the fore/aft electric motor.
I've had a really good look under my Emira's seat and the main obstacle to lowering it further actually seems to be the motor which raises and lowers the seat - this is located near the back of the seat base and is almost touching the base when it is at the lowest setting. Loose this and I think it might be possible to get the seat lower with some custom brackets, but it is hard to tell without taking the seat out. Hopefully someone (GRP maybe?) will have a go as I think there would be a lot of demand for it.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've had a really good look under my Emira's seat and the main obstacle to lowering it further actually seems to be the motor which raises and lowers the seat - this is located near the back of the seat base and is almost touching the base when it is at the lowest setting. Loose this and I think it might be possible to get the seat lower with some custom brackets, but it is hard to tell without taking the seat out. Hopefully someone (GRP maybe?) will have a go as I think there would be a lot of demand for it.
All the more reason to remove it. It's literally useless at anything but the lowest setting unless you're 5'4".

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I would be okay without the height adjustment so long as I can still adjust the tilt. I need proper thigh support.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm at 1500 miles now and there's defo no issue with comfort at all.
When i got the Esprit GT3 it had leather V8 Seats. If one was 24 stone with an arse the size of the moon then they might be ok but I was literally sliding side to side between the bolsters. They were so hopeless I had some clones of the Esprit Sport 300 seats made from scratch. Cost about £2200 for the pair 7-8 years ago (and a long drive to devon to collect em). They are similar to the lightweight ones offered as standard on the GT3 when new, painted back body colour.
Now these are completely the opposite direction and are a bit tight if one 'nuts' are not positioned correctly. Really comfy though and with a fixed back I have been on a big trip around Europe in it with no bother at all.
I also high sided a bike at low speed (new rear tyre) then snatch lifted it back on its wheels in a mad rage which completely fucked my lower back. This was years ago and it's still bothers me.
Seats are personal and they defo missed the mark with these. They are very a common denominator and for good reason based on the market and lets say regions of the world who didn't suffer rationing during the war and have as a result bigger customers (thats just my theory shoot me down if you want).
I do hope theres a more hard core version (car and seats) in the pipeline as I think there's defo a market for it.
IMG_7032.jpeg
IMG_7115.jpeg

FlashingBlade

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I picked my car up on Saturday and after having covered a couple of hundred miles I have to say the seats are the only thing that I've found to be a major let down.

Firstly, the height. I'm 6'1" and longer in the legs than the body. Even with the seat at the lowest setting I still think it could do with being an inch or so lower. I find myself looking 'down' through the rear view mirror rather than actually through it. Not the end of the world but not ideal.

My biggest gripe is with the side bolsters. They just dont work. The back of the seat is wider than a standard seat would be in my experience which means that the bolsters are a good inch or so away from my torso. I find myself having to use the centre tunnel to and knee to brace myself on cornering due to the lack of side support. I appreciate that if someone was 'wider' of the torso then this wouldnt be an issue but the fact that the side bolsters cant be adjusted just makes this worse. You really need to be able to bring them in for slimmer drivers.

As a contrast, the seats in my 435d are much better and are obviously designed for the same international audience as the Lotus so why they've gone so wide and lack of side support is beyond me.

I'm hoping they release a future model with better seats that can be retrofitted or I might go aftermarket for a pair ot Recaro CS or something.

Steve Tillett

Reaction score
I picked my car up on Saturday and after having covered a couple of hundred miles I have to say the seats are the only thing that I've found to be a major let down.

Firstly, the height. I'm 6'1" and longer in the legs than the body. Even with the seat at the lowest setting I still think it could do with being an inch or so lower. I find myself looking 'down' through the rear view mirror rather than actually through it. Not the end of the world but not ideal.

My biggest gripe is with the side bolsters. They just dont work. The back of the seat is wider than a standard seat would be in my experience which means that the bolsters are a good inch or so away from my torso. I find myself having to use the centre tunnel to and knee to brace myself on cornering due to the lack of side support. I appreciate that if someone was 'wider' of the torso then this wouldnt be an issue but the fact that the side bolsters cant be adjusted just makes this worse. You really need to be able to bring them in for slimmer drivers.

As a contrast, the seats in my 435d are much better and are obviously designed for the same international audience as the Lotus so why they've gone so wide and lack of side support is beyond me.

I'm hoping they release a future model with better seats that can be retrofitted or I might go aftermarket for a pair ot Recaro CS or something.
After much worrying about the electrics I finally just went for it and put a pair of my B10 seats in it. Other than a few lights on the dash no issues.
What a change, the car now feels more Lotus and less popping down the shops.

Attachments

• emira b10 xl.jpg
    emira b10 xl.jpg
    365.6 KB · Views: 183

FlashingBlade

Emira Fan
Reaction score
That looks so much better and I'm sure the lights can be coded out. I get why lotus went the 'comfy daily' route but they really should have offered an option for something 'more'.

The only concern I'd have is that I'd probably still need some element of adjustment for height and back angle for when the GF uses it. It doesnt need to be electric but just available so not sure a fixed bucket would work for me, unless I can convince her she never needs to use it😂

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
After much worrying about the electrics I finally just went for it and put a pair of my B10 seats in it. Other than a few lights on the dash no issues.
That looks superb, especially as it looks like the pads are a perfect match with the alcantara and yellow stitching.

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score

Wow, these look great!! Nice work.

meccanisti

Reaction score
Much want Steve. The OEM seats are def not the best part of the car!

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I don't love the Emira seats but I'm also not really willing to disable the airbag system.

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I agree I wish we had some more hardcore seats tho im thinking I can always buy new seats later.

if I want it to match the red leather interior that sounds very cost prohibitive tho

_w_

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Definitely interested in the possibility of sacrificing the height adjust motor to lower the seat position on mod rails - anyone investigated further yet?