Let's talk about the Emira's seats...

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone thought about or actually replaced the seat with the Evora Sparco seats?

I fully support this! I drove 8 hours home in the Evora GT Sparcos and found them very comfortable yet supportive in all the right places. They're heated, but not power (like the 12-way Emiras), so unless there are seperate harnesses, it'll require some custom wiring to make the heated part work if they can even be mounted in the Emira.

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
it’s annoying that the seats don’t electrically move forward when the backs are tilted forwards. Or is mine not working correctly?

Steve Tillett

Reaction score
I agree didn't like the production seats.
Can you say if the seats sit you noticeably lower in the car?

The picture below showing us testing the B5 has another inch under the Tillett seat that could be still used. The Emira seat is maxed out in this picture. The B6 and B10 shapes will go lower than the B5.

Attachments

• Lotus Emira standard seat head position lowest setting.jpg
    Lotus Emira standard seat head position lowest setting.jpg
    379.3 KB · Views: 115
  • Lotus EmiraTillett B5 seat head position 25 mm up from floor.jpg
    Lotus EmiraTillett B5 seat head position 25 mm up from floor.jpg
    358.3 KB · Views: 112

Steve Tillett

Reaction score
26 kg each. I weighed our B10's with the panels, brackets runners and seat belt receptor and it saves a total of 30 kg.

Steve Tillett

Reaction score
@Steve Tillett can you confirm whether the Emira uses the same seat mounting geometry as the Evora? Or is it something new?
The Emira is something new. Not vastly different but they won't bolt straight in.
The later Evora's with the Sparco seats can use our EBR 17 + brackets to fit our seats in the Evora as they are the same as the post 2017 Elise/Exige runners.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The Emira is something new. Not vastly different but they won't bolt straight in.
The later Evora's with the Sparco seats can use our EBR 17 + brackets to fit our seats in the Evora as they are the same as the post 2017 Elise/Exige runners.
Many thanks! That's great info. Do you plan on making a bracket specific to the Emira that is a bolt-in item?

Steve Tillett

Reaction score
Many thanks! That's great info. Do you plan on making a bracket specific to the Emira that is a bolt-in item?
Yes, the test ones are coming next week.
I already fitted them successfully using a modified Elise/Exige bracket and our PTRO runners.

Attachments

• Emira B10 XL bracket and runner small file.jpg
    Emira B10 XL bracket and runner small file.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 141

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@Steve Tillett did I understand correctly that you might be able to do the center stripe in different leather colors to match the rest of the interior?

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@Steve Tillett did I understand correctly that you might be able to do the center stripe in different leather colors to match the rest of the interior?
What would be incredibly awesome is if the upholstery was available in colors that match the factory Emira options.

An option for padding/upholstery that's a direct and intentional match for the car would be something worth investing in for me personally, compared to an arbitrarily black-upholstered bucket seat. My spec has tan leather, for example. Or it will when it finally arrives (in US).

Steve Tillett

Reaction score
Yes, we can do matching trim colours. We would obviously have to buy a hide.
Sometimes Alcantara/Dinamica suede can be tricky to match exactly in an auto grade quality but leather is usually easy.

AndyVX

Reaction score
Is the airbag issue now sorted with the Tillet seats ? I saw a post on social media about their seats

Steve Tillett

Reaction score
Is the airbag issue now sorted with the Tillet seats ? I saw a post on social media about their seats
Van Der Kooi Sportscars have managed to cancel the airbag lights using resistors. They have given me guidance on how to do this but I must admit I've still not done this myself yet and when it comes to electrics and deleting airbags we do not advise.

Hapkin

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Van Der Kooi Sportscars have managed to cancel the airbag lights using resistors. They have given me guidance on how to do this but I must admit I've still not done this myself yet and when it comes to electrics and deleting airbags we do not advise.
Hi Steve, checking in on B10, with matching Ice Grey leather padding but still showing some of the black glossy carbon. Just like McLaren Senna seats. Also what is the name of the right mounting bracket for Emira?

This will be my first upgrade when. I finally get my Emira in the U.S. in the next month or two!

Steve Tillett

Reaction score
Hi Steve, checking in on B10, with matching Ice Grey leather padding but still showing some of the black glossy carbon. Just like McLaren Senna seats. Also what is the name of the right mounting bracket for Emira?

This will be my first upgrade when. I finally get my Emira in the U.S. in the next month or two!
Thanks for your interest.
We finally got around to testing the brackets so now it’s a case of pricing up the trim options. I’ll have more info in the new year, when all the metal parts which are needed for the bracket assembly are delivered to us.
If you are sure that you will buy them it might be worth getting the bare unpanelled carbon GRP B10XL-48.5 seats on order, as there is a long waiting list from the factory. At least enquire with the US distributor Torqued and see when they could reserve you a pair. If you would like an introduction to them please email me.
[email protected]
Then the panels and Emira hardware will be bought in and added by the dealer anyway, so it might be best to reserve the seats from their next shipment.
I take it you will not want to sit in yet another long waiting list like the one we just endured 😁

Attachments

• IMG_3004.jpeg
    IMG_3004.jpeg
    229.9 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_3009.jpeg
    IMG_3009.jpeg
    189 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_3006.jpeg
    IMG_3006.jpeg
    69.6 KB · Views: 133

hagen111

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Can you reserve a set of the bare carbon seats + hardware/panels to be shipped out to VDK? I will ask Jan to reach out to you in the new year when everyone is back from holidays.