June delivery delay - Lotus now says July…

Featured
I was down for a June delivery but I’ve just received this from Lotus…

As you’ll be aware from our previous communication, your new Emira specification is now fixed in our production system and scheduled to be completed in June 2022. Therefore, we are pleased to inform you that your new Emira will be ready for handover in July 2022. Ahead of this, we will be in contact to arrange the delivery and handover with you. We appreciate this is later than originally predicted, so please accept our sincere apologies for the slight delay.

In the coming weeks we will be providing more information regarding financial services, trade-in and insurance products that you may be interested in for your new Emira. Following that, a couple of weeks before handover we will be in touch to complete the checkout process.
We know you have been waiting and are excited to receive your new Emira but please be assured that it will be everything you’d expect and more from a Lotus car.

I’m not that surprised but was wondering if anyone else hoping for a June car has been told it’s still on or is everyone’s delayed a little?

Bradw

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I called Lotus last week after my third email arrived and thankfully had it confirmed I'm still due get the car in August (current timing) not October. But no changes to my spec allowed. Email had been generated in error. Just thought it worth updating; suggest anyone who has been bumped back more than a month could do worse than check.
Had the same just now. The email they sent was in error and just a month delay on all original car deliveries

Jon_N

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My first deposit was November time, so I'd hate to think how far away my delivery is... Definitely time for a price increase! Or maybe 2😭
I’m December…. doubt I’ll proceed if it’s more than 12/18 months, but will keep deposit in play & see what happens.

Simon82

Reaction score
Managed to get in touch with Lotus today as I hadn't received the e-mail regarding the delays. Apparently I had been taken off the mailing list for some reason (not something I requested). They have said August delivery for me now which if its at the start of august is fine but if its the end I'll miss the delivery as I'll be away working for 3 months... :rolleyes:

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Managed to get in touch with Lotus today as I hadn't received the e-mail regarding the delays. Apparently I had been taken off the mailing list for some reason (not something I requested). They have said August delivery for me now which if its at the start of august is fine but if its the end I'll miss the delivery as I'll be away working for 3 months... :rolleyes:
same here, my deposit was down at mid-day on the 8th

Simon82

Reaction score
I had my deposit in on 6th of July and made the trip down to Goodwood to confirm it was the right thing to do :)
I’m also Seneca Blue.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I’m a little on the fence. It’s definitely i4 but do I go FE for a faster delivery or wait and go base FE? Not interested in 12way seats or 300w stereo or even forged alloys so could save a few £s but after seeing magma pics I’m getting impatient 😀
You are not alone in being impatient - I switched from i4 to V6 when i ordered, the 60k having drawn me in then the usual man maths making 76k work!

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Activity impression from the factory yesterday would lead me to conclude that Lotus are still some way off being able to produce customer cars, let alone 5000 per year. Front structure composite component from Shanghai is a major holdup to the line. They had about 8 tubs lined up ready for the next stage of bonding the roof rails etc, but nothing going through to the AGVs and on. Saw another 12 completed with wheels on. Despite all the quality checks, the rolling cars (which they were using for videos and pictures for aftermarket accessories) have poorly lined up panels on nearly every edge.
I'm preparing for a 2023 delivery at the earliest (July 21 deposit)

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Activity impression from the factory yesterday would lead me to conclude that Lotus are still some way off being able to produce customer cars, let alone 5000 per year. Front structure composite component from Shanghai is a major holdup to the line. They had about 8 tubs lined up ready for the next stage of bonding the roof rails etc, but nothing going through to the AGVs and on. Saw another 12 completed with wheels on. Despite all the quality checks, the rolling cars (which they were using for videos and pictures for aftermarket accessories) have poorly lined up panels on nearly every edge.
You see,if this is the case and for early depositors to receive the car as far back as that then I wouldn't mind if Lotus were just open and communicating about it.

It's the constant changing of goal posts and lack of comms that p1$$ me off.

At least then we'd know realistically where we'd stand and I can find something else to play with in the meantime (for those who say I'm impatient, I sold my fun car a while back so that I could get the Emira,and currently drive the boring daily).

Another delay without clarity and better comms would quite frankly put me off buying a Lotus for a longtime,I feel I've patient but this lack of clarity and openess is wearing thin.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
You see,if this is the case and for early depositors to receive the car as far back as that then I wouldn't mind if Lotus were just open and communicating about it.

It's the constant changing of goal posts and lack of comms that p1$$ me off.

At least then we'd know realistically where we'd stand and I can find something else to play with in the meantime (for those who say I'm impatient, I sold my fun car a while back so that I could get the Emira,and currently drive the boring daily).

Another delay without clarity and better comms would quite frankly put me off buying a Lotus for a longtime,I feel I've patient but this lack of clarity and openess is wearing thin.

A 21st of July deposit is highly likely going to be Dec/Jan delivery, there is a hell of a lot of deposits before that date so still a lot of cars to be delivered in 2022. i'm confident that Lotus will get out all the cars for the deposits up to 11th of July by the end of September and I think Lotus know if they delay again then they could potentially be looking at cancellations.

When I was on the tour they were talking about flying parts in rather than shipping to help get the early cars out on time, but this was still undecided.

Lotus must be confident when they have already agreed to starting a second shift in the near future.

My car will be built in August and delivered in September which works for me, FYI (Deposit am 10th of July)

If Lotus do get this second shift going sooner rather than later the Dec/Jan deliveries should be be brought forward. Happy days

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
A 21st of July deposit is highly likely going to be Dec/Jan delivery, there is a hell of a lot of deposits before that date so still a lot of cars to be delivered in 2022. i'm confident that Lotus will get out all the cars for the deposits up to 11th of July by the end of September and I think Lotus know if they delay again then they could potentially be looking at cancellations.

When I was on the tour they were talking about flying parts in rather than shipping to help get the early cars out on time, but this was still undecided.

Lotus must be confident when they have already agreed to starting a second shift in the near future.

My car will be built in August and delivered in September which works for me, FYI (Deposit am 10th of July)

If Lotus do get this second shift going sooner rather than later the Dec/Jan deliveries should

If Lotus do get this second shift going sooner rather than later the Dec/Jan deliveries should be be brought forward. Happy day

If Lotus do get this second shift going sooner rather than later the Dec/Jan deliveries should be be brought forward. Happy days
Im first month delivery, supposedly, deposit July 4th.

Point being, originally it was "from April 30th" (so May)- this was the actual date given on the small text on original Emira configurator.

Then Pushed back to June - ok kind of expected that, no real explanation as to why

Then pushed back to July, without much explanation, starting to get worried this is a repeating occurence here..

Now i hear people saying all kinds of things, emails wrongly being sent out to people with incorrect dates, no consistency as to why its pushed back - we need clarity, is it coming or not in July, or are we just going to get a half lame ass excuse again?

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

That was just said to keep people listening happy. There’s no way from a logistics and cost perspective that would be feasible.

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hmm…so we’ve heard different reasons for the delays now. First was quality control then lockdowns in Shanghai. Your observations seem to support the former.

I really want this work out well for Lotus but if they’re struggling with the simple things (which are usually a decent barometer for the rest of their operation) then I’m concerned.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Despite all the quality checks, the rolling cars (which they were using for videos and pictures for aftermarket accessories) have poorly lined up panels on nearly every edge.

Now this has me worried ! Did any other Hethel visitors observe this too?

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Im first month delivery, supposedly, deposit July 4th.

Point being, originally it was "from April 30th" (so May)- this was the actual date given on the small text on original Emira configurator.

Then Pushed back to June - ok kind of expected that, no real explanation as to why

Then pushed back to July, without much explanation, starting to get worried this is a repeating occurence here..

Now i hear people saying all kinds of things, emails wrongly being sent out to people with incorrect dates, no consistency as to why its pushed back - we need clarity, is it coming or not in July, or are we just going to get a half lame ass excuse again?
This is only my opinion from what I've seen and heard on the tour and listening to Scot Walker and Matt Windle , I think you will get your car in July I wish I was.