June delivery delay - Lotus now says July…

Featured
I was down for a June delivery but I’ve just received this from Lotus…

As you’ll be aware from our previous communication, your new Emira specification is now fixed in our production system and scheduled to be completed in June 2022. Therefore, we are pleased to inform you that your new Emira will be ready for handover in July 2022. Ahead of this, we will be in contact to arrange the delivery and handover with you. We appreciate this is later than originally predicted, so please accept our sincere apologies for the slight delay.

In the coming weeks we will be providing more information regarding financial services, trade-in and insurance products that you may be interested in for your new Emira. Following that, a couple of weeks before handover we will be in touch to complete the checkout process.
We know you have been waiting and are excited to receive your new Emira but please be assured that it will be everything you’d expect and more from a Lotus car.

I’m not that surprised but was wondering if anyone else hoping for a June car has been told it’s still on or is everyone’s delayed a little?

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Too far in to pull out (famous last words!). Still being told deliveries are on schedule which I really doubt.

I think I’ll just buy a nice already depreciated car to run while I wait.
At this rate people who ordered in August will be getting car same time as July orders …… so now that we’ve seen some colours finally and cars not getting delivered till another 6 months ish - we should all be able to change our specs 🤣🤣🤣🤣

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
At this rate people who ordered in August will be getting car same time as July orders …… so now that we’ve seen some colours finally and cars not getting delivered till another 6 months ish - we should all be able to change our specs 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I agree what was the point of being first to order. They are using covid lockdowns as a BS excuse. That only happened after March when they were saying we are on time and no delays.

Again heart in the right place, but a niche company pretending to be everything they are not. Poor execution at best with make it up as it comes approach.

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I agree what was the point of being first to order. They are using covid lockdowns as a BS excuse. That only happened after March when they were saying we are on time and no delays.

Again heart in the right place, but a niche company pretending to be everything they are not. Poor execution at best with make it up as it comes approach.
I think the core at lotus is honest and genuine.

Judging by what we see (and their horrible marketing campaigns) they might have gone out and hired industry consultants and stooges to help them scale and they just brought a lot of corporate nonsense with them.

The condescending ‘delay’ emails, scattered comms and lack of customer engagement look like evidence of this.

Management probably doesn’t have the time sort this all out and is instead focussing in getting the cars out as fast as they can.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I think the core at lotus is honest and genuine.

Judging by what we see (and their horrible marketing campaigns) they might have gone out and hired industry consultants and stooges to help them scale and they just brought a lot of corporate nonsense with them.

The condescending ‘delay’ emails, scattered comms and lack of customer engagement look like evidence of this.

Management probably doesn’t have the time sort this all out and is instead focussing in getting the cars out as fast as they can.
They have managers specifically to look after this!!!

Bradw

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Do you mind sharing your config? That seems like a long delay, wonder if you've spec'd something unusual. Have you made any config changes lately?
No changes at all. I am an auto spec!!
Blue with black pack and privacy. DC wheels yellow brakes and ice grey leather

Bradw

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yes I got second email today as well about further delays.

Got first delay email on 20th April saying would now be "completed in July"

And then today (29th April) I got one saying "...scheduled to be completed in September 2022. We estimate the handover of your Emira will be in October."

😡
And can I ask when you placed your order

Smudger

Reaction score
100% same as mine, so far I am only bumped from June to July. Fingers Crossed
I've also just had a second email saying my delivery (originally June) that got pushed back a couple of weeks ago to August completion has now become September completion with an October delivery/handover. The only good thing is that I can change my configuration once again if wanted until May 6th; having seen colours outside the factory yesterday.

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yes I got second email today as well about further delays.

Got first delay email on 20th April saying would now be "completed in July"

And then today (29th April) I got one saying "...scheduled to be completed in September 2022. We estimate the handover of your Emira will be in October."

😡
If I get another delay to,on top of yet another delay-im pulling out.

Does anyone know of the process if I want to leave my deposit in for for base?
Do I go to the back the queue for that or would I be an early receiver as I was originally.on for a June delivery of FE?

The thinking is,if it keeps getting delayed,I'll get a Ferrari in the meantime and sell it when the base emiras arrive

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If I get another delay to,on top of yet another delay-im pulling out.

Does anyone know of the process if I want to leave my deposit in for for base?
Do I go to the back the queue for that or would I be an early receiver as I was originally.on for a June delivery of FE?

The thinking is,if it keeps getting delayed,I'll get a Ferrari in the meantime and sell it when the base emiras arrive
If you defer to i4 FE or Base V6/i4 they will take the original first deposit date into account in whichever sub-queue you defer into.

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I’m going with i4 so if you switch then I will get pushed back one place, you chose v6 so you have to stick with it , well at least until I have my car🤨
I guess that's me told then!

Not a fan of the first edition i4 then?

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I guess that's me told then!

Not a fan of the first edition i4 then?
I’m a little on the fence. It’s definitely i4 but do I go FE for a faster delivery or wait and go base FE? Not interested in 12way seats or 300w stereo or even forged alloys so could save a few £s but after seeing magma pics I’m getting impatient 😀

Marv

Reaction score
I’m wondering how the delay will infect the European / German deliveries. Today my dealer told me, I’m still a July build with an September delivery. fingers crossed. Dont want to pick it up by truck because it’s winter.

V6 manual, nimbus, full BP, sport, dc with cup2, alcantara w. silver stitching

Smudger

Reaction score
I called Lotus last week after my third email arrived and thankfully had it confirmed I'm still due the car in August (current timing) not October. But no changes to my spec allowed. Email had been generated in error. Just thought it worth updating; suggest anyone who has been bumped back more than a month could do worse than check.

Last edited: