June delivery delay - Lotus now says July…

Featured
I was down for a June delivery but I’ve just received this from Lotus…

As you’ll be aware from our previous communication, your new Emira specification is now fixed in our production system and scheduled to be completed in June 2022. Therefore, we are pleased to inform you that your new Emira will be ready for handover in July 2022. Ahead of this, we will be in contact to arrange the delivery and handover with you. We appreciate this is later than originally predicted, so please accept our sincere apologies for the slight delay.

In the coming weeks we will be providing more information regarding financial services, trade-in and insurance products that you may be interested in for your new Emira. Following that, a couple of weeks before handover we will be in touch to complete the checkout process.
We know you have been waiting and are excited to receive your new Emira but please be assured that it will be everything you’d expect and more from a Lotus car.

I’m not that surprised but was wondering if anyone else hoping for a June car has been told it’s still on or is everyone’s delayed a little?

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
They have the experience, they have a new Head of Customer Experience from within the industry I'm led to believe. Considering this I'm suprised at the mixed messaging and generally poor copy still coming out of Lotus
I had been thinking the very same thing.... but perhaps she's having to deal with the old guard or perhaps tow the company line

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Why not email everyone. Unless they are afraid of losing deposits. And if they are going down the smoke and mirrors PR route to avoid losing deposits rather than being honest and transparent, guess what..... they are going to lose deposits
They lost mine.... if I had not gone before, think this would of be a clear jump of point.... already getting told I would not be seeing my car till April/May 2023.... when told before Dec 2022

Jonno

Reaction score
much more like this…..

Attachments

• D525FFCE-E800-4742-B74C-01449CCC9855.jpeg
    D525FFCE-E800-4742-B74C-01449CCC9855.jpeg
    57.7 KB · Views: 94

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Just finished a 2hr factory visit and the cars currently coming off the line are dealer/demonstrators for UK and global market and not customer cars.
Like other manufacturers they have been hit by some shortages due to recent China lockdown and as such are behind where they expected to be.
I have to say that the quality of the cars on the assembly line looked superb. A ton of quality control throughout the build process. The car looks brilliant!!!!
I’m sticking with Nimbus which looks stunning, similar to the Porsche liquid metal used on the 918 HyperCar. The red also stood out for me as it really pops when the light hits it and shows off the gorgeous curves beautifully.
Thank you for that, I’ve ordered magma and been on and off the fence over this colour. I’ve leaned ,at times ,towards the blue and even think the yellow looks stunning, but I’ve always come back to the red. Pictures are good but it’s nice to have a real person feedback, thanks once again

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thank you for that, I’ve ordered magma and been on and off the fence over this colour. I’ve leaned ,at times ,towards the blue and even think the yellow looks stunning, but I’ve always come back to the red. Pictures are good but it’s nice to have a real person feedback, thanks once again
I feel the same. Having originally discounted the red, I'm 95% sure it's my colour (no black, tan leather, gold wheels and black calipers). Only the visit to the factory on the 3rd of May can change my mind. If they don't take my phone off me, I'll take some covert pictures...

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I feel the same. Having originally discounted the red, I'm 95% sure it's my colour (no black, tan leather, gold wheels and black calipers). Only the visit to the factory on the 3rd of May can change my mind. If they don't take my phone off me, I'll take some covert pictures...
Having been to the factory I was still finding it really difficult to decide as didn’t see finished car with the correct wheels. For me to be 100% I would of had to see the cars outside not inside under lighting. I was between Nimbus and Magma from the configurator and I’m locked in to nimbus now. On my first sighting of the Magma I saw a maroon tint which I don’t like and thus couldn’t choose this colour but then when I walked back round I didn’t see it as much I think in the sunshine it will look great but on a dark miserable day I will see too dark and maroon tinge. I will only know when we see cars outside if I made correct decision. Also seeing lots of this type of colour on Mazdas and I think Kia has also put me off. For a sports car IMO should of been touch lighter/ red. I personally do not think the configurator for Magma is 100% accurate reflection as it had been I would of chose this colour

Last edited:

vision

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
are you all insane - you want to take photos on site? I guess you have not an ordered car or a delivery date? As for rocking up and expecting to film is unacceptable - If Lotus are watching this then this Person should be barred from the factory and any order recindered.

andyss

Reaction score
are you all insane - you want to take photos on site? I guess you have not an ordered car or a delivery date? As for rocking up and expecting to film is unacceptable - If Lotus are watching this then this Person should be barred from the factory and any order recindered.
Possibly a bit harsh, but in all honesty I doubt taking pics will happen. On my tour it was me, the missus and my lad with Nick (lovely chap). We were never more than 5m apart and in constant conversation the entire way around. I couldn't have taken any pics if I'd wanted to (I did have to keep my arms folded to reduce the urge!). Even on a full tour of 8 people I don't think anyone's getting away with it - it's a completely interactive experience.

(good to see someone else local btw!)

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
PLEASE don't even attempt this. All you're going to do is cause trouble for yourself, and may wind up having them cancel the tours, which would ruin it for everyone else. Even if you get out of there without them knowing you took pictures, don't post them anywhere. You are a guest on private property, please respect that!

If there's a specific reason you want to take a picture of a specific item, such as a color, ASK FIRST and tell them why. If they say yes, fine, if not, then don't violate the agreement to not take pictures.

Bradw

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So as usual a bit all over the place from Lotus. Got the below email today. I was 9th July PM deposit and I was already told I would be August delivery as just missed July cut of

As you’ll be aware from our previous communication, your new Emira specification is now fixed in our production schedule.

Shortages across the automotive industry have led to some delays in production, but we are happy to inform you that your new Emira is now scheduled to be completed in August 2022. We appreciate this is later than originally predicted, so please accept our sincere apologies for the slight delay.

As your Emira nears end of production we will be providing more information regarding financial services, trade-in and insurance products that you may be interested in, as well as arranging the delivery and handover with you. Following that, approximately two weeks prior to handover we will be in touch to complete the checkout process.
Not a happy boy today. Received another email from Lotus saying now my car is scheduled to be completed in November for handover in December. I placed my deposit on 9th July PM. Was told a few months ago I will be August delivery as people placed orders in the AM of 9th July would be Juky so how can I now be December. If I am i will be serious thinking about cancelling my order

Joel

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Not a happy boy today. Received another email from Lotus saying now my car is scheduled to be completed in November for handover in December. I placed my deposit on 9th July PM. Was told a few months ago I will be August delivery as people placed orders in the AM of 9th July would be Juky so how can I now be December. If I am i will be serious thinking about cancelling my order
Do you mind sharing your config? That seems like a long delay, wonder if you've spec'd something unusual. Have you made any config changes lately?

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes I got second email today as well about further delays.

Got first delay email on 20th April saying would now be "completed in July"

And then today (29th April) I got one saying "...scheduled to be completed in September 2022. We estimate the handover of your Emira will be in October."

😡

Last edited:

Billyidoliser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hoping this info may help others!
Paid my first deposit on 26th July for Manual V6 FE, just had email quoting October build with Nov handover, happy with that with all that's going on in the automotive world!!

Griggsy

Reaction score
Also received an email today (12th July deposit) with hand over in October. To be honest with all the sh*t going on in the world, I'm happy with that.

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
If it’s down to the lockdowns in Shanghai then there isn’t much that could have been done. It certainly wouldn’t be Lotus’s fault.

It wasn’t the original reason given through and requiring parts from China a month before production doesn’t sound right to me - I understand just-in-time production but that’s a bit of a risky strategy to adopt in these times. I’m not at all an expert in this field so I’ll defer to more informed opinions.

P.S. this also means the cars could be delayed further if the covid situation worsens.

Last edited:

Gizmo750

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My original deposit was 4th August and I've received a "built in October, handed over in November" email, which I'm happy with as it is roughly the timeline I was expecting.

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Too far in to pull out (famous last words!). Still being told deliveries are on schedule which I really doubt.

I think I’ll just buy a nice already depreciated car to run while I wait.