June delivery delay - Lotus now says July…

Featured
I was down for a June delivery but I’ve just received this from Lotus…

As you’ll be aware from our previous communication, your new Emira specification is now fixed in our production system and scheduled to be completed in June 2022. Therefore, we are pleased to inform you that your new Emira will be ready for handover in July 2022. Ahead of this, we will be in contact to arrange the delivery and handover with you. We appreciate this is later than originally predicted, so please accept our sincere apologies for the slight delay.

In the coming weeks we will be providing more information regarding financial services, trade-in and insurance products that you may be interested in for your new Emira. Following that, a couple of weeks before handover we will be in touch to complete the checkout process.
We know you have been waiting and are excited to receive your new Emira but please be assured that it will be everything you’d expect and more from a Lotus car.

I’m not that surprised but was wondering if anyone else hoping for a June car has been told it’s still on or is everyone’s delayed a little?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Had my call today too, 8th Jul 4pm deposit. Confirmed "in the first 20" for August delivery, July completion. Explicitly not July delivery. (V6 Man FE, DV)

Confirmed test drives end of next month, possibly earlier (unlikely), mid June.

Confirmed there will be pictures of all colours without any filters, in studio lighting on the site by the end of next week.
End of next week for pics (finally!) would tie in with embargo being lifted on press reviews on 7 June.

I'm guessing it's the press fleet they're planning to use for test drives for the July folks. I hope they appreciate not everyone can get to Hethel and they organise several venues across the country.

Seeing the pictures of the Hethel Yellow press car at Goodwood, just down the road from me, it feels like it's getting close now.

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Had my call today from Alex in Lotus customer care, big shout out to him as he explained everything very clearly and answered every question i asked, there was no hurry to complete the call.
Most points have been discussed above but my deposit on 8th July at 11am meant I am in the first 500 or so and would be early August. Sadly away on holiday for the first two weeks so probably mid August collection from factory.
As others have said we should get call about 30 days before a confirmed delivery date to finalise details. Indicated that a cash buyer may not have to pay until a week before collection
He seemed reasonably confident that quoted schedules would happen.
Maybe I’m overly optimistic but they will need to start production mid June to start deliveries in July so I would hope they know by now that parts and production facilites are in place to achieve this??!!.................. 🤞
I had my call from Alex today too. Literally whilst I was hanging some Emira pics up in the shed (this was just the mockup). Usual drill checking delivery preferences, private plate, etc. I was an early on 9th deposit. He said should be mid maybe late August delivery. It's countdown time!

Attachments

• emira-wall.jpg
    emira-wall.jpg
    500.5 KB · Views: 49

andyss

Reaction score
I do know they intend to have two shifts almost from day one of full production, so the catch up they'd planned by doing the enlarged June batch may now be achieved by higher output across Aug/Sep/Oct instead.
Hopefully they've used the time while waiting for parts from China to get the line and workers fully up to the expected speed so they hit the ground running (assuming that the awaited parts arrive?)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Training and potentially encouraging people to take holiday now rather than in the summer mid-production.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Good luck, but I would imagine first being made in September and shipping etc etc and actually October delivery. The first ones in Spain are also Sept / Oct, but I think far more likely Oct..... we shall see. Get selling
Ditto

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Welcome! And nice to have another early adopter on the forum. Sounds like you placed a dealer deposit shortly after Lotus announced the Emira name on 27 April 2021. To be any earlier than that you needed to know about Project Gamma (the project) or Type 131 (the car). I believe there are about 30 of us with pre 27 April deposits and about 100-120 with deposits before the official reveal on 6 July 2021.

It looks like anyone who placed a deposit before the reveal, which is when the central online deposit system opened, is going to get their car in July. Fingers crossed for no more delays. Hopefully we'll be getting a call to talk about delivery dates in the next 2-3 weeks.
Hi Tom - I placed a deposit with the stealer on Sunday the 2nd April 2021. It was a while after they came back to me to say they had to give it back and i was to go online and place a dipper with lotus directly..

I think the same day as the name was announced (or not far off. I have slept since then)

I was assured........ that my position would be held

We'll see eh????

Cheers
Simon

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Several pre-reveal depositors (including me) had their deposit dates messed up when Lotus converted from dealer deposit to central Lotus deposit.

Let me know if it’s an issue for you, there are a couple of people aware and able to sort it. Hopefully you’re very early in the July delivery batch.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Several pre-reveal depositors (including me) had their deposit dates messed up when Lotus converted from dealer deposit to central Lotus deposit.

Let me know if it’s an issue for you, there are a couple of people aware and able to sort it. Hopefully you’re very early in the July delivery batch.
That's handy to Know Tom thanks.

As I said previously it must be at least 3 weeks since the call about swappers number plates and collection etc..

Sorry I'm so vague but I honestly don't remember much of anything that far back.

I'm pretty sure he gave me a code to enter with my deposit which was related to the time I placed it with JCT.

Only thing I do remember is that I was second in the queue at JCT600 in Bradford at that point.

I never thought it would be this much of a hit (obviously not seen any images as they 'didn't exist'). My father-in-law died that morning and while my wife was still with him I thought F@@k it, life is far too short and ordered one regardless....

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Sorry to hear about the circumstances, that’s tough.

Not the same prompt for me, but I also thought life’s too short to delay. All my previous Lotus have been nearly new or used. I swerved at the the last minute on a very early launch Evora - had deposit #12. I’m not waiting on a used Emira and it will be my first new Lotus.

Customer Care should be able to confirm which deposit date is recorded on their system for you.