June delivery delay - Lotus now says July…

Featured
I was down for a June delivery but I’ve just received this from Lotus…

As you’ll be aware from our previous communication, your new Emira specification is now fixed in our production system and scheduled to be completed in June 2022. Therefore, we are pleased to inform you that your new Emira will be ready for handover in July 2022. Ahead of this, we will be in contact to arrange the delivery and handover with you. We appreciate this is later than originally predicted, so please accept our sincere apologies for the slight delay.

In the coming weeks we will be providing more information regarding financial services, trade-in and insurance products that you may be interested in for your new Emira. Following that, a couple of weeks before handover we will be in touch to complete the checkout process.
We know you have been waiting and are excited to receive your new Emira but please be assured that it will be everything you’d expect and more from a Lotus car.

I’m not that surprised but was wondering if anyone else hoping for a June car has been told it’s still on or is everyone’s delayed a little?

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
For others following this - Road Fund Licence and MOT details get automatically transferred - but don't forget to update your insurance - I've nearly missed that in the past..... ;)
Ah yes, that was a quick phone call and (perhaps unusually) no admin fee from the insurance company for making the change.
Also don’t forget to update RingGo or anyone else you rely on for ANPR parking payments!

Hobiedick

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If you first register the car with a personal plate, then when you sell the car you put the plate on retention and DVLA assign a random plate from the right year index.

Some dealers do first registration on a standard plate and then immediately do the personal assignment. In that case DVLA will usually assign the original registration number back on the car when you take the personal plate off.

You need to have the retention certificate for your personal registration when Lotus contact you 30 days before delivery, as you’ll then need to post it to them before they can complete first registration.

Dealers used to handle registration but Lotus are now going to do it centrally.
Tom, I had another call from Lotus yesterday and this was part of the conversation, they will accept a photo or scan of the retention certificate so no need to post it to them,

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Tom, I had another call from Lotus yesterday and this was part of the conversation, they will accept a photo or scan of the retention certificate so no need to post it to them,
All they need is the unique code on the retention certificate. It’s that code that fulfills the ownership.

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Surely everyone would want to take the car with its issued plates, let’s the neighbours know that you have a brand new car 🚗 then after the newer plates come out in September you could replace them with a private plate, that way the general public won’t know how old your car is 😀

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Surely everyone would want to take the car with its issued plates, let’s the neighbours know that you have a brand new car 🚗 then after the newer plates come out in September you could replace them with a private plate, that way the general public won’t know how old your car is 😀
That was my plan although I don’t know anyone apart from car geeks that know how the number play system works anyway 🙂

Joel

Emira Fan
Reaction score
They'll know it's new because they won't have seen one before 😜

912Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Now this has me worried ! Did any other Hethel visitors observe this too?
Still plenty of defects in evidence on Monday - saw yellow car up close which had just been through water testing bay and where rear of passenger door met the body there was a horrible gap at the top. Not at all suggesting they would be allowed out of the factory like this - Nick explained that they are sticking pieces of green masking tape on the cars where there is a defect so that it can be rectified. Some of the cars we saw had 20+ pieces of tape on them, which makes me think we’re still a little way off the first customer cars being produced.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Still plenty of defects in evidence on Monday - saw yellow car up close which had just been through water testing bay and where rear of passenger door met the body there was a horrible gap at the top. Not at all suggesting they would be allowed out of the factory like this - Nick explained that they are sticking pieces of green masking tape on the cars where there is a defect so that it can be rectified. Some of the cars we saw had 20+ pieces of tape on them, which makes me think we’re still a little way off the first customer cars being produced.
You'd think that a repeatable manufacturing solution would avoid these types of issues, they've
been making them since last year...

Ian C

Reaction score
Just had ( UK) call from CS. Confirming that delivery will definitely be July and they will call in 3 -4 weeks to confirm collection date, I am going to Hethel , price now £199 for two including tour and lunch.
My advice is to always go through the agreed spec whenever they call , I have done this every time and each time there has been something wrong, today it was wrong steering wheel, despite email confirmation of correct spec in April. Better safe than disappointed

Rya

Reaction score
Just had ( UK) call from CS. Confirming that delivery will definitely be July and they will call in 3 -4 weeks to confirm collection date, I am going to Hethel , price now £199 for two including tour and lunch.
My advice is to always go through the agreed spec whenever they call , I have done this every time and each time there has been something wrong, today it was wrong steering wheel, despite email confirmation of correct spec in April. Better safe than disappointed
When are there going to be cars at the dealership so we can test drive ??

Ian C

Reaction score
Is anyone getting a June delivery? I placed my order on the Friday at Goodwood and so thought I was a few thousand down the queue . Either lots have dropped out or they have got a big first batch going out in July . I was expecting the date to drop to aug / sept but happy it is coming up fast

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
No customer deliveries in June. First ones are in July. I know a few people who are in the first 50 deposits and we're all July. When in July is what we all want to know!

Last edited:

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Is anyone getting a June delivery? I placed my order on the Friday at Goodwood and so thought I was a few thousand down the queue . Either lots have dropped out or they have got a big first batch going out in July . I was expecting the date to drop to aug / sept but happy it is coming up fast
Hmmm? I placed order on Thursday of Goodwood and all I have is an email from some time ago saying it will be built in July
Perhaps I’ll give them a call

prestonc

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hmmm? I placed order on Thursday of Goodwood and all I have is an email from some time ago saying it will be built in July
Perhaps I’ll give them a call
Had my call yesterday.
I'm 7th July deposit.
Now August delivery.
Not fussed. Just hope these dates help others work their stuff out.

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Had my call yesterday.
I'm 7th July deposit.
Now August delivery.
Not fussed. Just hope these dates help others work their stuff out.
Some of the emails don’t make sense.. I am i4 but had the ‘2023’ email, folks who put down deposit after me got the dec build, jan delivery email. I queried it with CS, they told me my place in queue was correct and essentially to go away….

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Had the call, today,for August delivery. Asked me what my show off reg would be.....so they have caught on that Lotus buyers show off!

Then received email saying July delivery! Lol

Last edited: