June delivery delay - Lotus now says July…

Featured
I was down for a June delivery but I’ve just received this from Lotus…

As you’ll be aware from our previous communication, your new Emira specification is now fixed in our production system and scheduled to be completed in June 2022. Therefore, we are pleased to inform you that your new Emira will be ready for handover in July 2022. Ahead of this, we will be in contact to arrange the delivery and handover with you. We appreciate this is later than originally predicted, so please accept our sincere apologies for the slight delay.

In the coming weeks we will be providing more information regarding financial services, trade-in and insurance products that you may be interested in for your new Emira. Following that, a couple of weeks before handover we will be in touch to complete the checkout process.
We know you have been waiting and are excited to receive your new Emira but please be assured that it will be everything you’d expect and more from a Lotus car.

I’m not that surprised but was wondering if anyone else hoping for a June car has been told it’s still on or is everyone’s delayed a little?

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Car manufacturers do not have the skills to manage customers, that's always been the retailers job. So this transition to an Agency model will cause angst until they develop customer skills......my guess is it will take some time. Polestar have it and Lotus is in the same ownership so I expect it will come right! But leadership is needed for sure at Lotus.

Lotus manage transaction logistics and this comes through in this behaviour. There is a truism that more info you give out then the more info is needed. Retailers, traditionally, knew how to manage expectation and close debate down.

Gibbo205

Reaction score
Car manufacturers do not have the skills to manage customers, that's always been the retailers job. So this transition to an Agency model will cause angst until they develop customer skills......my guess is it will take some time. Polestar have it and Lotus is in the same ownership so I expect it will come right! But leadership is needed for sure at Lotus.

Lotus manage transaction logistics and this come through in this behaviour. There is a truism that more info you give out then the more info is needed. Retailers, traditionally, knew how to manage expectation and close debate down.

Exactly this, they are attempting to do the job of dealership with little experience, thus communication is generally just confusing customers and causing angst.

They really need to improve on it because right now they are dealing with a lot of customers who are enthusiast and long term Lotus customers who are willing to give them some slack, but once the car is out in the wild and your general punters are buying they will need to improve communications to prevent losing orders.

They need a few more customer experienced people in the business to improve communications to add more transparency and make things crystal clear.

Bradw

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So as usual a bit all over the place from Lotus. Got the below email today. I was 9th July PM deposit and I was already told I would be August delivery as just missed July cut of

As you’ll be aware from our previous communication, your new Emira specification is now fixed in our production schedule.

Shortages across the automotive industry have led to some delays in production, but we are happy to inform you that your new Emira is now scheduled to be completed in August 2022. We appreciate this is later than originally predicted, so please accept our sincere apologies for the slight delay.

As your Emira nears end of production we will be providing more information regarding financial services, trade-in and insurance products that you may be interested in, as well as arranging the delivery and handover with you. Following that, approximately two weeks prior to handover we will be in touch to complete the checkout process.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So as usual a bit all over the place from Lotus. Got the below email today. I was 9th July PM deposit and I was already told I would be August delivery as just missed July cut of

As you’ll be aware from our previous communication, your new Emira specification is now fixed in our production schedule.

Shortages across the automotive industry have led to some delays in production, but we are happy to inform you that your new Emira is now scheduled to be completed in August 2022. We appreciate this is later than originally predicted, so please accept our sincere apologies for the slight delay.

As your Emira nears end of production we will be providing more information regarding financial services, trade-in and insurance products that you may be interested in, as well as arranging the delivery and handover with you. Following that, approximately two weeks prior to handover we will be in touch to complete the checkout process.
So August build and likely September delivery given you're in the UK (2-4 weeks delivery time).

Last edited:

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Just to confirm Ive been told today that all Emira deliveries have been put back a month......

You may have not received the communications yet that have been sent out from HQ. Unfortunately all orders are subject to a 1 month delay.

Yes all customers will be emailed about this delay in due course. We have started with June and July customers for now to keep contact levels at a minimum.

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Just to confirm Ive been told today that all Emira deliveries have been put back a month......

You may have not received the communications yet that have been sent out from HQ. Unfortunately all orders are subject to a 1 month delay.

Yes all customers will be emailed about this delay in due course. We have started with June and July customers for now to keep contact levels at a minimum.

But we’re hearing it’s 2 months for some ‘June’ deliveries. Nothing about whether this is just In the UK or applies to all international markets.

Are they really going to wait till a month before delivery to notify later buyers?

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
But we’re hearing it’s 2 months for some ‘June’ deliveries. Nothing about whether this is just In the UK or applies to all international markets.

Are they really going to wait till a month before delivery to notify later buyers?
Decipher it how you want, this is Lotus reply to me today.

So now I'm a September Emira does that mean the car is finished in September and delivered in October or built in August and delivered in September ? So confused.

Look I can except a months delay what I won't except a delay on top of a delay.

I will prepare a plan B in the mean time as hard as that is going to be.

Smudger

Reaction score
For the
Mine was scheduled for July and they've just emailed this:

Interesting that it differs from the OPs email and no mention of "handover", presumably in August.
Got the exact same email. Annoyingly I had a June delivery, so in theory I could have slipped two months to August. However, I would rather have a perfect car, as specced. I'll just have to content myself with late summer driving.

Last edited:

Tim Hodgson

Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-20 at 17.11.23.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-20 at 17.11.23.png
    45.3 KB · Views: 85

Jonno

Reaction score
For the

Got the exact same email. Annoyingly I had a June delivery, so in theory I could have slipped two months to August. However, I would rather have a perfect car, as specced. I'll just have to content myself with late summer driving.
Just finished a 2hr factory visit and the cars currently coming off the line are dealer/demonstrators for UK and global market and not customer cars.
Like other manufacturers they have been hit by some shortages due to recent China lockdown and as such are behind where they expected to be.
I have to say that the quality of the cars on the assembly line looked superb. A ton of quality control throughout the build process. The car looks brilliant!!!!
I’m sticking with Nimbus which looks stunning, similar to the Porsche liquid metal used on the 918 HyperCar. The red also stood out for me as it really pops when the light hits it and shows off the gorgeous curves beautifully.

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Just finished a 2hr factory visit and the cars currently coming off the line are dealer/demonstrators for UK and global market and not customer cars.
Like other manufacturers they have been hit by some shortages due to recent China lockdown and as such are behind where they expected to be.
I have to say that the quality of the cars on the assembly line looked superb. A ton of quality control throughout the build process. The car looks brilliant!!!!
I’m sticking with Nimbus which looks stunning, similar to the Porsche liquid metal used on the 918 HyperCar. The red also stood out for me as it really pops when the light hits it and shows off the gorgeous curves beautifully.
Encouraging regarding attitude to build integrity.......that's what we need to hear and see!

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
So Nimbus grey looked very close to this?
Screenshot_20220420-152552_Samsung Internet.jpg

Jonno

Reaction score
Did you see a dv car?
Only painted panels unfortunately. Imo it needs to be in sunlight to show the colour and then it’s really classy and the green comes to the fore. In shadow it looks almost black, maybe even dull. The jury is out for me on DV. If you live in a sunny climate (I don’t) then it could be a sophisticated choice, esp when paired with tan interior.

PaperLawyer

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Only painted panels unfortunately. Imo it needs to be in sunlight to show the colour and then it’s really classy and the green comes to the fore. In shadow it looks almost black, maybe even dull. The jury is out for me on DV. If you live in a sunny climate (I don’t) then it could be a sophisticated choice, esp when paired with tan interior.
Afternoon factory tour today saw a partially assembled DV on the production line? My thoughts in the lithium battery thread.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score

I am dealing with Lotus UK and lotus Dealers, NOT agents, in Spain. I can tell you in Spain they know NOTHING..at all... spoke to 2 dealers, these dealers are forced to have at least 2 cars..for demo and showroom, they dont even know when those cars are coming. One dealer claims he doesnt even know the pricing.

I placed my order in March 2021 and I am fine with June..... now July delivery and even if its a bit more delayed, thats life... but as others have said, the customer service is already pretty bad, communication skills are awful... they should be giving far more regular and detailed updates, at least on the website, it costs them nothing.

I feel most sorry for the agents and dealers, who are treated worse than us and they have to try and make money from Lotus.... Not a good start for them!

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Exactly this, they are attempting to do the job of dealership with little experience, thus communication is generally just confusing customers and causing angst.

They really need to improve on it because right now they are dealing with a lot of customers who are enthusiast and long term Lotus customers who are willing to give them some slack, but once the car is out in the wild and your general punters are buying they will need to improve communications to prevent losing orders.

They need a few more customer experienced people in the business to improve communications to add more transparency and make things crystal clear.
They have the experience, they have a new Head of Customer Experience from within the industry I'm led to believe. Considering this I'm suprised at the mixed messaging and generally poor copy still coming out of Lotus

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Why not email everyone. Unless they are afraid of losing deposits. And if they are going down the smoke and mirrors PR route to avoid losing deposits rather than being honest and transparent, guess what..... they are going to lose deposits