JClem's Magma V6

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
mine will be red on red! the magma red exterior is a non negotiable and iv always wanted red leather interior so thats what I have selected. I do keep mulling it over tho, alcantara with red stitching is the other option. hard choice
I've seen this spec in person (magma + red leather) and believe me it works incredibly well. You won't regret it! :)

OP
JClem

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Day 4 update.

The car is fantastic. The looks, the ride, the noise and I'm even impressed with the build quality of the interior. There two things though not currently working.

The Scorpion tracked isn't working but this is apparently down to Lotus not sending all commands to the unit. The unit itself is running and I can see it in the app but no amount of contacting Lotus CC has helped so far.

Today the air con and ventilation doesn't do anything at all. Switching between auto and manual does nothing and turning the fans all the way up doesn't work either. The vents come on at startup strongly but after a few seconds stop.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
ring Scorpion - the guy I spoke to sorted mine and even took me through using the app on the phone as the tracker tag. Wasting your time ringing Lotus.

re AC - As with everything electronic when mine threw a wobbler i just took a battery terminal off for 5 mins. Might be worth a try.

OP
JClem

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I phoned Scorpion and the chap was very helpful but initially said he'd never come across this before. When I switched the ignition on he straight away said Lotus need to send an additional command for it to work. So of course that means dealing with Lotus CC! Three phone calls and online chat conversations later and still nothing.

The climate control has got a mind of its own! I took this video after switching the ignition on.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
But, in true Lotus fashion the climate control worked perfectly driving to work this morning! 🙄
so this is what i was getting at disconnecting the battery.. the old 'have you tried turning it off and back on again' front line support question 1....

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I phoned Scorpion and the chap was very helpful but initially said he'd never come across this before. When I switched the ignition on he straight away said Lotus need to send an additional command for it to work. So of course that means dealing with Lotus CC! Three phone calls and online chat conversations later and still nothing.

The climate control has got a mind of its own! I took this video after switching the ignition on.

View attachment 29817
The AC is just downshifting for the slow corner coming up.

OP
JClem

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The attention this car gets!

Whilst washing and buffing this morning my neighbours popped over to have a look around. Immediately after they left two builders from across the road were staring and saying “is that a Lotus?”. Starting her up in track mode went down well with both.

Climate control update:
I took her to B&C who did a software update and the A pillar recall but it needs a new HVAC resistor motor. TBH I can easily live with the AC as it is now.

Still loving it, and have got a road trip to the Peak District this evening. Photos on Snake Pass will be on here soon.

IMG_1152.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1147.jpeg
    IMG_1147.jpeg
    622.9 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
OP
JClem

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
First long trip done! 450 miles in 2 and a half days and I’m happy to report no issues whatsoever. Driving through the Peak District in the sun was fantastic and even the wife told me to go faster!

Looking forward to the next one.

Attachments

• IMG_1183.jpeg
    IMG_1183.jpeg
    502.7 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1178.jpeg
    IMG_1178.jpeg
    441.2 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_1177.jpeg
    IMG_1177.jpeg
    455.1 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1168.jpeg
    IMG_1168.jpeg
    371.1 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_1171.jpeg
    IMG_1171.jpeg
    340.8 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1165.jpeg
    IMG_1165.jpeg
    380.7 KB · Views: 108
OP
JClem

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hydrodipping done. Looks so much better in the rear view mirror.

I’ll probably hit the magic 1k miles tomorrow going to Newlands Corner and everything about the car gets better.

First off the HVAC system is now functioning perfectly. It’s almost as if it also needed running in!

The KEF system gets better and better. I was playing Ed Sheerans collaboration album today and it sounded great. The bedding in mentioned elsewhere seems to work.

The exhaust note has definitely improved over the last 980 miles.

I do have something not working though. One of the lights at the top of the cup holders isn’t working!!

Loving every second of it.

IMG_1545.jpeg

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

I’ll probably hit the magic 1k miles tomorrow going to Newlands Corner and everything about the car gets better.

First off the HVAC system is now functioning perfectly. It’s almost as if it also needed running in!

The KEF system gets better and better. I was playing Ed Sheerans collaboration album today and it sounded great. The bedding in mentioned elsewhere seems to work.

I do have something not working though. One of the lights at the top of the cup holders isn’t working!!

View attachment 31363
where did you go for the carbon fiber? how much was it?

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've definitely thought about this. I'm using it every day at the moment though so its trying to find the time!
Also having a magma car, I think it would be hard to find the right shade of red for the cover. Bright red may be too reflective in the rear screen and also clash with the magma. A “duller” red - not sure it’s be worth it. If I was an extrovert (I’m not) I’d paint mine yellow to match the callipers.

OP
JClem

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Also having a magma car, I think it would be hard to find the right shade of red for the cover. Bright red may be too reflective in the rear screen and also clash with the magma. A “duller” red - not sure it’s be worth it. If I was an extrovert (I’m not) I’d paint mine yellow to match the callipers.
Maybe just painting the "V6" is enough for me. I hadn't considered the reflection though.

Biggles of Norwich

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

View attachment 31363
Thanks for posting about Hydro dipping. It looks amazing. Now I want to have mine done!