JClem's Magma V6

OP
JClem

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
May see you there. I’m collecting Monday afternoon, all being well.
Also can’t wait 😛
Your collecting from B&C in Horsley?

I had an email today saying the car that had arrived earlier this week isn't mine but no bother as mine arrived today. I'm guessing then that this one is yours?

My handover has been changed to late afternoon so I may see you there.

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Your collecting from B&C in Horsley?

I had an email today saying the car that had arrived earlier this week isn't mine but no bother as mine arrived today. I'm guessing then that this one is yours?

My handover has been changed to late afternoon so I may see you there.
No, my cock up. I’m collecting at Hethel. I forgot yours was an “orphan”!

meenboli

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Things have moved very quickly over the last few days so I thought its time to start an ownership journal.

Having been watching kind of on the sidelines the launch of the Emira, it wasn't until I saw it in the flesh outside Bell & Colvill in April this year that I decided to take the plunge. I was late to the party but was prepared to wait potentially until the end of 2024 for delivery. Having previously owned a couple of hot Mercs I had put in the reservation for the i4 initially. But having seen more videos, mainly on here, I was starting to waver.

Then Thursday last week I get a call out of the blue from Lotus HQ. They had apparently over ordered demonstrators and had a stock of V6's that could be available within 2 weeks. Despite LotusCC saying they might be gone by the Monday I told them I wanted to wait for the launch of the i4 at Goodwood. Having taken in all the footage I could of Goodwood I decided that if Lotus had something vaguely similar to my spec in a V6 I would go ahead.

Speaking with Lotus today they had a spec I liked AND they were selling it for the original launch price of 78K (pre tax), 10k less than the new pricing.

So, within the next two weeks I'll be taking delivery of my new Magma Red V6 Emira!

View attachment 29186

I'm replying to your opening post here - but what put you off the i4 ?

OP
JClem

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm replying to your opening post here - but what put you off the i4 ?
After Goodwood I decided I preferred a bit of theatre and noise. Plus I’ve never had a supercharged engine. And available now!

Who knows, I may decide to give the i4 a go further down the line

Reactions: ADC

meenboli

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
After Goodwood I decided I preferred a bit of theatre and noise. Plus I’ve never had a supercharged engine. And available now!

Who knows, I may decide to give the i4 a go further down the line
Well, I've mentioned it here already, but I have an Audi S5 Cab V6 which is 3.0L supercharged.

I absolutely love it - you won't be disappointed.

I was waiting for the i4 test drive opportunity - but I've had the email saying I need to 'properly' configure before 11th August to avoid the next price hike.

The more I've thought about it - the V6 makes it more future proof (& desirable) for future generations, so I've talked myself out of the i4 anyway. Similar to the way nobody really wanted the 4 pot Cayman.

Decision made - V6 it is.

Still got the colour problem to deal with though... 🤦🏻‍♂️

OP
JClem

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Well, I've mentioned it here already, but I have an Audi S5 Cab V6 which is 3.0L supercharged.

I absolutely love it - you won't be disappointed.

I was waiting for the i4 test drive opportunity - but I've had the email saying I need to 'properly' configure before 11th August to avoid the next price hike.

The more I've thought about it - the V6 makes it more future proof (& desirable) for future generations, so I've talked myself out of the i4 anyway. Similar to the way nobody really wanted the 4 pot Cayman.

Decision made - V6 it is.

Still got the colour problem to deal with though... 🤦🏻‍♂️
The 11th Aug date was playing on my mind too and given the OTR price on the V6 was the same price as the i4 it felt like a no brainer.

OP
JClem

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Handover day!

Extremely happy to say the least. Even in the dull British weather it looks fantastic. Loving the rumbles, burbles and pops in Sport mode. And nothing to report on the reliability front, although there's a long way to go with that.

I think my 4 year old son is more excited about it than I am. His trips to preschool just got more interesting!

Just 1,000 miles until I can really open her up.

IMG_1101.JPEG
IMG_1105.JPEG
IMG_1114.JPEG

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Wow - the one behind you went for red on red! First time I've seen that combo. Yours looks almost exactly like mine except I went for silver wheels rather than diamond cut (*). Looking forward to more photos!

(*) Edit: assuming Lotus ever builds US cars...

Last edited:

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Wow - the one behind you went for red on red! First time I've seen that combo. Yours looks almost exactly like mine except I went for silver wheels rather than diamond cut (*). Looking forward to more photos!

(*) Edit: assuming Lotus ever builds US cars...
mine will be red on red! the magma red exterior is a non negotiable and iv always wanted red leather interior so thats what I have selected. I do keep mulling it over tho, alcantara with red stitching is the other option. hard choice

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Handover day!

Extremely happy to say the least. Even in the dull British weather it looks fantastic. Loving the rumbles, burbles and pops in Sport mode. And nothing to report on the reliability front, although there's a long way to go with that.

I think my 4 year old son is more excited about it than I am. His trips to preschool just got more interesting!

Just 1,000 miles until I can really open her up.

View attachment 29703View attachment 29704View attachment 29705

Lol the Emira looks gigantic compared to that yellow S1 Europa behind it in that first pic. It seems like lately, the production cars are looking better and better in the pictures people are posting. I can't wait to see pictures of actual North American production cars when they finally start coming off the line.

OP
JClem

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Lol the Emira looks gigantic compared to that yellow S1 Europa behind it in that first pic. It seems like lately, the production cars are looking better and better in the pictures people are posting. I can't wait to see pictures of actual North American production cars when they finally start coming off the line.
Yes, it looked massive with this lovely Elan on the other side of the room.
IMG_1119.jpeg

OP
JClem

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
mine will be red on red! the magma red exterior is a non negotiable and iv always wanted red leather interior so thats what I have selected. I do keep mulling it over tho, alcantara with red stitching is the other option. hard choice
Initially I was kind of taken back with it. But after walking around it for a bit it definitely grew on me.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That's actually not a bad price for that Elan. Has it been fully restored?
thats exactly what I thought. Prices have defo come down by quite a bit recently

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I don’t know about fully restored but I don’t think it should have that badge on the side of it.
#fortheanoraks

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Really?

Educate me. My sprint has one (1973)