Henry Catchpole - Carfection review

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Thank you, I was just wondering. My Emira is V6 sports with cup 2's, when ever I get it.
You have the elusive yet to be tested in anger option 🙂
Sure it will be great. I'm pretty sure I am going to be between set ups with each one being a compromise for me lol

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
You have the elusive yet to be tested in anger option 🙂
Sure it will be great. I'm pretty sure I am going to be between set ups with each one being a compromise for me lol
I know what you mean. It was a bit tricky specing a car that you have never driven, in any form. Ideally, I would have liked to have driven both sports and touring to see which suited my needs. As it will be a weekend and trackway car, I chose sports manual with cup 2's. Hope I made the right choice.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I know what you mean. It was a bit tricky specing a car that you have never driven, in any form. Ideally, I would have liked to have driven both sports and touring to see which suited my needs. As it will be a weekend and trackway car, I chose sports manual with cup 2's. Hope I made the right choice.
Be great I'm sure only be a compromise with cup 2s in winter in the wet and damp (if u use it then)

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Well, an honest, wishy washy, confusing and not positive nor negative review. I think he probably feels the same way his colleague does, but he is a lot more eloquent and polite, less insulting and arrogant in his tone.
its not a review that is going to make anyone go out and buy an Emira, but it probably wont stop those who have one on order from getting it either.
It would seem as if the expert drivers need the cup tyres to appreciate the handling levels, but I personally am happy to swap that with being able to drive it all year on the eagles...
Its not a review I would watch again..... I'll stick with Harry.. haha

PhilCP

Reaction score
Can’t say I’m any clearer with the suspension choices after watching that. Frustrating given he was driving my orders spec Sports with Goodyear’s.

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It has confused me even more about suspension choice now……. Has anyone actually tested a cup2 sport chassis??? Shame to hear about the understeer at tight turns though.

A nicely shot and narrated video certainly. Boy….That Hethel yellow definitely pops in the countryside.
Good to hear about the excitement for the AMG i4….. I’m still waiting

Reactions: AGP

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Can’t say I’m any clearer with the suspension choices after watching that. Frustrating given he was driving my orders spec Sports with Goodyear’s.
My order is Sports/Cup 2. So no clearer for me.

OP
Nick in Sydney

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
It has confused me even more about suspension choice now
Funny, I think the suspension choice is pretty clear and Lotus has been consistent: if you primarily want the car for road use, get the touring; if you plan to spend lots of time at the track, get the sport.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Funny, I think the suspension choice is pretty clear and Lotus has been consistent: if you primarily want the car for road use, get the touring; if you plan to spend lots of time at the track, get the sport.
I'd add to that......
If you tend to daily the car...then maybe touring, but only if you prefer softer or your wife does etc etc..

But even if you dont track the car (I wont) but use it for spirited (its all relative hah) weekend drives, then sports.
I think it ultimately comes down to if you get annoyed by a firm ride, while its not GT3 firm, its surely firm, which for me, even without track driving, is not an issue in the slightest.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
No surprises or revelations. I think thats what i expected. Entertaining for me nevertheless. He always comes across as genuine.
Lets remember folk its just a car and it wont do everything for everybody. Get one ordered and if its wrong for you sell it for a small profit..might be the only time you get chance!
I remember I couldn't/didn’t use my exige for a while but popping through into the garage for a look at it was fine and did the trick while I could drive it again.
I'm just going to chill the F*ck out while it comes and then enjoy it even if bits of it are not as expected.

As for test drives. I wouldn’t have ordered a Taycan from the test drive. I was about 1500 miles in before I realised how good it was/is

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Did I hear a "so frustrating" in that review?
I'm still building a picture up of the Emira based on what reviewers aren't really saying... The only real positive I got from that video was it had great headlights.
Seems much more the GT (not GT4) car than an out and out Sports car, which isnt really what I want.
I will continue to wait for that test drive before deciding and hope it speaks to me in some more raw and base way though.
Will try an Exige as well, but feel that will be too far the other way, which then only leaves one middle path leading to Munich...