Haven't been this excited for a car in a long time.

Adam Brouillard

Reaction score
Put my deposit down about a month ago at Motorcars of Atlanta. I've always really liked Lotus and came close to getting an Elise years ago, but the beauty of the Emira just won my heart and I had to get one. I was quite excited the car was available in "my" colors as well. Going for the i4 as I prefer paddle shift and don't get much out of driving a manual anymore. Now just the waiting.

download.png

Put my deposit down about a month ago at Motorcars of Atlanta. I've always really liked Lotus and came close to getting an Elise years ago, but the beauty of the Emira just won my heart and I had to get one. I was quite excited the car was available in "my" colors as well. Going for the i4 as I prefer paddle shift and don't get much out of driving a manual anymore. Now just the waiting.

View attachment 6940
I’m edging towards a similar spec but maybe with Tan Interior.

I’m edging towards a similar spec but maybe with Tan Interior.
Yeah, the interior color is the one I'm not quite positive on yet. I really hope I get a chance to see them in person before I have to make a final decision.

Yeah, the interior color is the one I'm not quite positive on yet. I really hope I get a chance to see them in person before I have to make a final decision.
Ditto. But I love the tan leather interior. Let’s hope the rumours that the i4 sounds rather better than A45s is also true. #ForTheAMG

Ditto. But I love the tan leather interior. Let’s hope the rumours that the i4 sounds rather better than A45s is also true. #ForTheAMG
They seem to be putting a lot of care into the sound design so I have high hopes they'll make it sound as good as an i4 can. In comparison, I kind of suspect that maybe Porsche want people to fork out the extra for the 6.

Hey! We ordered from the same place! Welcome.

Funny enough we have the exact same spec - except I'm going for V6/6MT.

Hey! We ordered from the same place! Welcome.

Funny enough we have the exact same spec - except I'm going for V6/6MT.
Hope it's a good dealership. I've never been, but figured I'd make the trip once they have one there to see. I'm over in Acworth so it's about an hour away.

Hope it's a good dealership. I've never been, but figured I'd make the trip once they have one there to see. I'm over in Acworth so it's about an hour away.
First time there for me as well - I ordered back in Nov 2021. You working with Joe Osario?

So far, seems like a good dealership; the thing is - you have to call Joe periodically to check in to get updates.

First time there for me as well - I ordered back in Nov 2021. You working with Joe Osario?

So far, seems like a good dealership; the thing is - you have to call Joe periodically to check in to get updates.
I had a lady name Inaya contact me so dealt with her. Seemed nice enough although not super knowledgeable about the car. She said the car had a V6 or a V4:) Not sure the protocol on contacting other salespeople there. Either way, I figure they won't have anything for me in a long time anyway. I was pretty late to the party and have about 80 people in front me.

I had a lady name Inaya contact me so dealt with her. Seemed nice enough although not super knowledgeable about the car. She said the car had a V6 or a V4:) Not sure the protocol on contacting other salespeople there. Either way, I figure they won't have anything for me in a long time anyway. I was pretty late to the party and have about 80 people in front me.
Oh man... I should have spec'd the V4... dammit! Would have been sure to sound epic then. :)

Welcome to the i4 gang: taking potshots and stirring trouble from way back in the queue since 2021 :D

Last edited:
Love your enthusiasm. I have a big car collection, but a Lotus is unlike any other car make...really special. I am longing for my Emira to be delivered end of this year. I find it the most exiting car in a long time...if only it has 50% of Lotus sharpness and DNA of my ex-V6 Exige it will be Wonderfull... like a small GT3 (Touring) for half the money and much better looks!

Enjoy the wait/ride...

Welcome Adam.

Did they tell you where you are on their list and give you any idea on delivery time?
They said I had 80 some odd people in front of me and an expected winter 23/24 delivery. I'm not holding my breath on that though.

Early 2024 sounds more realistic. Anything earlier would be a pleasant bonus the way thihgs are going.

Fair enough wait. I ordered in May 2021 with expected delivery in August 2022!
So 15 months is fine :)

Early 2024 sounds more realistic. Anything earlier would be a pleasant bonus the way thihgs are going.

Fair enough wait. I ordered in May 2021 with expected delivery in August 2022!
So 15 months is fine :)
I'm jealous. Happy motoring.

View attachment 6940
The V6 has paddle shift as well, yes?