• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

❓ QUESTION Has it been confirmed that Emira clutch requires engine out removal ?

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Just wondering ....if it has been confirmed that clutch replacement is an engine out removal procedure for the EMIRA ?,...... as it was on Evora. ?

Any confirmed accurate shop manual time costs involved for the parts and labor ?

This video claim its a $10k cost for the Evora, but that seems on the high side ?

I know the clutch is good for many many miles, but just wondering.....

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
looks like it, step 1 in the service manual is to remove the engine

1705036940183.png

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I thought a UK dealer found a method to replace the clutch without engine pull in an Evora, but never got this confirmed?

But yes, based on the service manual, the engine needs to go out for a clutch replacement which is a missed opportunity. However the Emira does have more space in the engine bay due to the firewall being moved closer to the driver but the limiting factor is likely the steel subframe which wasn't widened from Evora -> Emira and is basically a carry over.

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
For 5k to 11k, ill do it myself. It might take me a month, but ill do it myself.
Agreed. And I'll pledge a case of Hudson Valley's best hard cider to the first owner to film and share a step-by-step video of Emira clamshell removal (in a method that inspires confidence).

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Agreed. And I'll pledge a case of Hudson Valley's best hard cider to the first owner to film and share a step-by-step video of Emira clamshell removal (in a method that inspires confidence).
It isn't a clamshell. The rear body has separate panels which when removed allow access to remove and replace the engine and it's ancillaries.