MKV Supra owner making the switch to the Emira

Escapist

Reaction score
Hello from Florida! I currently own a FBO stage 2 2020 MKV (6cyl model) and will most likely be purchasing the I4 Emira. I've done a few HPDE's with my Supra and will be using the Emira as primarily a track car and spirited driving vehicle around town. Totally new to the Lotus community but I'm looking forward to learning all I can!

Attachments

• PXL_20211009_181430135.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20211009_181430135.PORTRAIT.jpg
    408.9 KB · Views: 96

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Hello from Florida! I currently own a FBO stage 2 2020 MKV (6cyl model) and will most likely be purchasing the I4 Emira. I've done a few HPDE's with my Supra and will be using the Emira as primarily a track car and spirited driving vehicle around town. Totally new to the Lotus community but I'm looking forward to learning all I can!

Welcome! I am a fan of the Supra.

So I4, what's your initial spec? Color, wheels? I assume the Sport suspension since it will be a track car...

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
There is also a good Florida sub-forum group on here.

OP
E

Escapist

Reaction score
Welcome! I am a fan of the Supra.

So I4, what's your initial spec? Color, wheels? I assume the Sport suspension since it will be a track car...

Color wise I'm leaning towards blue, spec I'm actually more interested in the touring since I'll also be driving it on the road from time to time. If I find the suspension too soft then I'll just change it out later. I really like the gloss black forged wheels however I'll probably just get the stock wheels and powder coat them black or buy a set myself if need be.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Color wise I'm leaning towards blue, spec I'm actually more interested in the touring since I'll also be driving it on the road from time to time. If I find the suspension too soft then I'll just change it out later. I really like the gloss black forged wheels however I'll probably just get the stock wheels and powder coat them black or buy a set myself if need be.

Nice. Seneca Blue is pretty close to Toyota's Refraction Blue!

Crown

Reaction score
Nice. Seneca Blue is pretty close to Toyota's Refraction Blue!
Exactly the same spec as me plus ice grey leather, loving the black pack and black wheels , my i4 arrives November just in time for the British winter 👎🏿I’l use it the odd dry day until the spring 👍

Callabrator

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
As a current MKV Supra owner myself, I’m having the same impure thoughts about a Seneca blue i4. I’ve been working on getting my Supra to handle more to my liking (KW Clubsport coilovers, more aggressive alignment, etc) but it’ll never handle like a Lotus.

Attachments

• 885D8183-229F-472A-9C66-F4B7F16DEBEA.jpeg
    885D8183-229F-472A-9C66-F4B7F16DEBEA.jpeg
    163.7 KB · Views: 34

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Another MKV Supra owner here. Mine is also in Refraction Blue. The incoming Emira FE V6 is Secena Blue and will unfortunately replace the Supra. Shame because I really enjoy driving it, but it’s no Lotus.

Attachments

• 4DF77032-02DC-491D-85D2-1EC121479895.png
    4DF77032-02DC-491D-85D2-1EC121479895.png
    475 KB · Views: 68
  • 40C1BEF6-F15D-4867-8C95-8D26B6F339D8.png
    40C1BEF6-F15D-4867-8C95-8D26B6F339D8.png
    223.5 KB · Views: 72

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Like Beauty and the Beast but both great.
I saw a Supra on the road yesterday - mean looking, which is good. I thought it was a bodykitted GT86 until I saw this thread :)

OP
E

Escapist

Reaction score
As a current MKV Supra owner myself, I’m having the same impure thoughts about a Seneca blue i4. I’ve been working on getting my Supra to handle more to my liking (KW Clubsport coilovers, more aggressive alignment, etc) but it’ll never handle like a Lotus.
I've never driven a Lotus "Spiritually" so I can't compare the two. I have heard good things from people who have owned them. I actually like the way my MKV handles with springs, alignment, sway and strut bar but...yea, I'm sure a lotus is on a whole nother level. Can't wait to take the Emira on the track!

Callabrator

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I've never driven a Lotus "Spiritually" so I can't compare the two. I have heard good things from people who have owned them. I actually like the way my MKV handles with springs, alignment, sway and strut bar but...yea, I'm sure a lotus is on a whole nother level. Can't wait to take the Emira on the track!
I had an 06 Exige for a few years, and have driven various Evoras over the years. I too like the way my Supra is coming together, but the best way I can describe the difference in how a Lotus (especially the Evora) drives is "effortless". With the weight of the Supra, its suspension geo, and electric power steering, it is effective, but it doesn't glide down the road and feel unfazed like a Lotus. I've never driven a Lotus on track though (sacrilege, I know!), so I can only image its even better there.