Deposit down - 60 week wait! 1 year to lap it up

Weyland

Reaction score
Hi all

I've just put a deposit down on a V6 Manual Emira - the lead time is approx 60 weeks, so plenty of time to build my ideal spec and see cars out in the wild.

I'm in no rush for a new car, but the reason I have done this now is that I can see orders going through the roof once the reviews are out if it lands 5 star reviews.

My mate has a Evora S so I know how good that engine is, and how well it sounds so it's V6 all the way for me.

I'm not fussed about all these threads on wheel gap and bonnet shut line - i'm pretty sure all these things will be fine on the production cars.

Great to be on board! Congrats to all those receiving cars soon

Last edited:

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Congrats!

Very wise.

I am definitely of the belief that (apart from those hell bent on Power Power Power) that the reviews will be golden and will cause another stampede.

What colour combo excites you the most at present? (it will likely change :) )

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the waiting party! 🍻 🎉 Congrats on the order!

OP
Weyland

Weyland

Reaction score
Congrats!

Very wise.

I am definitely of the belief that (apart from those hell bent on Power Power Power) that the reviews will be golden and will cause another stampede.

What colour combo excites you the most at present? (it will likely change :) )
Thanks - I really want the tan interior so originally it was DV, now I'm thinking Magma (or Senaca, or Nimbus!) In all honesty I'll only decide after I've seen some of your cars!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome and congratulations.

If you think current deposit holders have had a challenge selecting from 6 First Edition colours, remember you’ll have an extra 7 to choose from. Tan with dark blue will look great too….

OP
Weyland

Weyland

Reaction score
Welcome and congratulations.

If you think current deposit holders have had a challenge selecting from 6 First Edition colours, remember you’ll have an extra 7 to choose from. Tan with dark blue will look great too….
Thanks - I've ordered a First Edition, I believe it's still the same choice of exclusive colours for the entire run according to Lotus, so base edition colours won't become available

jimbobc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thanks - I've ordered a First Edition, I believe it's still the same choice of exclusive colours for the entire run according to Lotus, so base edition colours won't become available
So on base will you still be able to have magma, nimbus etc?

OP
Weyland

Weyland

Reaction score
Not according to Lotus, I think these are launch colours for now - If they don't offer them on the base edition I'm sure they will be reintroduced at some point.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Not according to Lotus, I think these are launch colours for now - If they don't offer them on the base edition I'm sure they will be reintroduced at some point.
This is interesting. So Lotus confirmed to you that the FE colors are only for the FE?

OP
Weyland

Weyland

Reaction score
Yes, when I called up to clarify a few things before placing my deposit. This is Lotus though, so who knows! They might only tell customer service certain things, I'm sure they don't get fed all the future product info, only what the current sales plans are.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Wow if that's true, that REALLY adds value to the 700 V6 FE's for North America! I believe from the poll that any one color is about 20% of the total, so that would mean my left-hand drive Dark Verdant V6 FE will be one of about 140... ever. And supposedly, about 70% of the orders are for the manual, so that means only about 100 exactly like mine. Period. Talk about rarity and exclusivity!

Definitely want to take care of it, and keep all the original documentation and everything else that comes with the car.

OP
Weyland

Weyland

Reaction score
Don't be surprised if they reintroduce the colours though down the line.You guys know way more than me but 1st edition is only on sale for x time/x units. I think what they tried to say was the 1st ed colours will be exclusive during this time. I would image once the 1st ed goes off sale a new model variant/spec will be introduced, possibly with a wider colour choice.

I also think by that time the base price will have increased making the 1st ed an even better buy.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That's certainly a change from what they'd been saying previously, which was the 6 FE colours carrying over and another 7 added, so 13 in total for Base Edition. We'll have to wait till September when they publish Base specs and options pricing to get more clarity.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I seriously doubt that Lotus will drop FE colours from being available on the Base edition. There would be too much backlash from those who wanted an FE, couldn't get one, and now can't order the FE spec they wanted.

danmessy

Reaction score
I seriously doubt that Lotus will drop FE colours from being available on the Base edition. There would be too much backlash from those who wanted an FE, couldn't get one, and now can't order the FE spec they wanted.
They'd also be missing a great opportunity to +$$$ to the Base model spec additions

OP
Weyland

Weyland

Reaction score
You just placed an order and ordered a FE? Wtf
Sorry, unsure what you mean by this? You can't order base spec yet - FE is still only one you can place an order for (in the UK at least).

Called up Lotus UK who said that you can FE can be ordered up until all allocations (units/time) are accounted for at which point it will be removed from website. Spec'd up, reserved, paid my £4k deposit last week.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
There are caps on V6 FE numbers in other countries, which have already been reached in many cases. Hence the surprise that you can still order one today in the UK.

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
There are caps on V6 FE numbers in other countries, which have already been reached in many cases. Hence the surprise that you can still order one today in the UK.
100% already sold out in Australia. It’s stated on the website as well. A total of 120 FE V6 manual and auto coming to Aus, of which 10 are dealer demos which will eventually be sold. So pretty exclusive moving forward.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
It's disappointing that there isn't a cap or at least a time limit imposed on last orders for an FE- it detracts from the prestige of driving a limited edition vehicle and being an early adopter.