Full reviews incoming?

I've just seen this on twitter, new reviews incoming?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220518-185404_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20220518-185404_Twitter.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 2,499

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Blimey. I would have started to struggle at £120k given other options coming closer to play again.

I still suspect the FE V6 will never go below its purchase price - ever.
If I am wrong then it won't be by much. Nothing like the drop on some other cars... F-Type?
if there are in the end 5000 of them in the UK and over 5 years that could become 15,000 the way they are going......... Im not so sure values will hold, despite last ICE etc etc..... The alpine sold very badly although its a "great" car (i dont like the shape or the sound or the interior, tacky) and so its a different tale for its resale values..
Also re Harris, dont forget despite his words on excess power, he has just taken delivery of a rather beautiful 911 GT3 Touring...... and for me personally, within reason .... thats the holy G of sports cars, but its a bit fat and potentially over weight, however, the Emira is just as wide and weight seems to be about the same too, but 120 - 150 less HP (porsche understating). However 7000 rpm vs 9000, while 75k vs 130k (if you could actually get one, which 99.9% of us can't, at the original dealer price, which is for my money a steal, but at 200k, not quite the same thing although still probably worth it). Yes, all in all, it will be interesting and I agree values will stay strong initially.... but within 12 months I think we could see that change in the UK and certainly elsewhere, where again, the car costs way more!

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Auto writers need to stop comparing cars at “prices“ which are not realistic. Like they will say the GT4RS costs… or the GT3 costs…. Almost NOBODY can get a car at that price. So add the 50 or 100 grand to the real cost to get one and THEN compare.

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Auto writers need to stop comparing cars at “prices“ which are not realistic. Like they will say the GT4RS costs… or the GT3 costs…. Almost NOBODY can get a car at that price. So add the 50 or 100 grand to the real cost to get one and THEN compare.
The reviewers are comparing cars at list price, not cars at prices subject to market dynamics. So I don't quite understand your beef. But I live in the UK where we have a choice.......order a car and wait for delivery or, if impatient and have the cash, pay a bribe over the sale price to get early delivery.

I have just sold a two year old GT4 for more than I paid for the new car.......all to do with market dynamics. If the manufacturers produce less than demand, that's their plan. Nothing to do with market dynamics.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

To be fair, you can't buy an Emira for the next 2-3 years if you put a deposit down when the magazine article comes out. Will they sell for a markup? Absolutely.

Reactions: DJS

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Can't even buy a 911 GT3 (or 718GTRS) here for list no matter how long you are willing to wait unless you are on the special VIP list (i.e. spent a fortune at the dealer already) or pay huge markups. I guess nice for you that you can actually get one for list but it's certainly not that way here.

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Can't even buy a 911 GT3 (or 718GTRS) here for list no matter how long you are willing to wait unless you are on the special VIP list (i.e. spent a fortune at the dealer already) or pay huge markups. I guess nice for you that you can actually get one for list but it's certainly not that way here.
Those are limited production specials, of course you’d have to be a VIP to get them. You also can’t buy Pista’s or 812 GTS’s or vantage V12’s etc.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If I recall, wasn't Harris just driving the 007 prototype car that everyone else reviewed months ago? Are we expecting the Top Gear reviews to show something closer to production models?

switchlanez

Emira Fan
Reaction score
If I recall, wasn't Harris just driving the 007 prototype car that everyone else reviewed months ago? Are we expecting the Top Gear reviews to show something closer to production models?
Possibly but maybe not. His test car had Black Pack and black wheels. 007 car had white top and silver wheels. And different license plates (or number plates as the Brits call them). Just the side mirrors on both are black when they should be mostly white on the all-white car.

1654100268003.png

1654100486895.png

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Possibly but maybe not. His test car had Black Pack and black wheels. 007 car had white top and silver wheels. And different license plates (or number plates as the Brits call them). Just the side mirrors on both are black when they should be mostly white on the all-white car.
Ah good point. But it was about the same vintage. So I'm not really expecting to learn much about the fit and finish of the production interior. We already know pretty much all there is to know about the motor / gearbox / suspension. Harris may have some insights when the car is at 10/10ths on track I guess, but given the elapsed time between when he tested the car and when the show will be broadcast, I'm not expecting much of anything revelatory. The June 7 reviews were on a newer batch of cars I think.

switchlanez

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Ah good point. But it was about the same vintage. So I'm not really expecting to learn much about the fit and finish of the production interior. We already know pretty much all there is to know about the motor / gearbox / suspension. Harris may have some insights when the car is at 10/10ths on track I guess, but given the elapsed time between when he tested the car and when the show will be broadcast, I'm not expecting much of anything revelatory. The June 7 reviews were on a newer batch of cars I think.
I would challenge the statement about the vintage as well. Chris Harris posted that on social media around March in real time. Within a few days of that I believe the Top Gear, Carfection, etc. preview videos started coming out. Videos like those are typically filmed ~3 months before embargo lift, making Chris's Emira photo ~3 months younger. Another example is the Radford 62-2 dynamic debut was revealed about 3 months after I heard it being tested at Hethel in the background on a DrivenChat podcast when they filmed it. And when the upcoming embargo lifts, that photo Chris shot in March will also be ~3 months old come June.

Last edited:

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I would challenge the statement about the vintage as well
Fair enough - guess we'll find out Sunday! I'm mostly looking forward to seeing the DV car they had in the studio. If Harris has another "this is just a preproduction car, not final seats, can't disable traction control, it's going to get better, etc..." review that will be disappointing.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The Chris Harris review is of a Feb/March spec car, so similar vintage to VP007. My guess is the focus of the TG segment will be on the drive and handling, with some comments on the interior and finish etc but with a caveat that it’s a prototype. TG Magazine and Online already published their more extensive reviews of a similar prototype (VP007), but they will also have tested the more recent “nearly final” press cars and so I expect new print and online reviews from TG on those.

The recent press cars (blue, red, yellow etc) spotted on Instagram and elsewhere are April/May spec cars and were with the press over the last 3 weeks. The reviews published next week will be much more current than the usual 3 month gap.

E

EF_Guest234

"if there are in the end 5000 of them in the UK and over 5 years that could become 15,000 the way they are going"

A chap giving the factory tour said about 10-15% of lotus sales is to the UK. Statista puts the average at 21 cars a year sold in the UK from 2016-2019, or less that 2% of annual production.

If production is targeting 3500 cars a year for global production once rolling, then using the factory quoted 10%, that would mean 350 cars in the UK year one, 700 year two. There will never be 5000 of them on UK roads at that rate.

Last edited by a moderator:

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
A chap giving the factory tour said about 10-15% of lotus sales is to the UK. Statista puts the average at 21 cars a year sold in the UK from 2016-2019, or less that 2% of annual production.

If production is targeting 3500 cars a year for global production once rolling, then using the factory quoted 10%, that would mean 35 cars in the UK year one, 70 year two. There will never be 5000 of them on UK roads at that rate.
aren't you missing a zero in that calc though

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

If production is targeting 3500 cars a year for global production once rolling, then using the factory quoted 10%, that would mean 35 cars in the UK year one, 70 year two. There will never be 5000 of them on UK roads at that rate.
Those figures don't sound right. Emira allocation for UK is about 30% for 2022 and 2023, which was revised upwards in July last year after the levels of interest immediately after the reveal.

3,500 is the 2022 global output from a mid-year start and 1,200 of those are for the UK. 2023 full year will be 7,000-10,000 globally and 2,000-3,000 for UK. So there should be 5,000 on UK roads by mid/late 2024.

912Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score

If it helps, the ‘How Many Left’ website lists 702 UK Evoras

Dlirium

Reaction score
So, rumor has it that a new Emira review is to be done by Top Gear in June? I assume it's different than the one done in March - any info on if that's coming? Where/how?