• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

First i4 2.0L AMG Emira in China

M3DOC

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Most DCTs driven in a non-aggressive manner in automatic shifting modes are like this imho. The DCT in my M4 is the same way until you want to manually select gears in sport modes and once you're on the throttle those upshifts are just sharp and neck snappingly brutal.
This is my experience as well. I'm really hoping that the examples we're hearing of manual DCT gear changes are all being done in the default mode. I'm not sure I've heard anyone shifting via the paddles in the most aggressive setting.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This is my experience as well. I'm really hoping that the examples we're hearing of manual DCT gear changes are all being done in the default mode. I'm not sure I've heard anyone shifting via the paddles in the most aggressive setting.

There’s a trackside hethel i4 video up now in track mode.