• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

First i4 2.0L AMG Emira in China

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The truth is that it gives me the feeling that inside it sounds even better than the V6 🤔
I have ordered a V6 but it is the feeling that it gives me
So I guess it comes down to whether you prefer to give pleasure to others, or be the receiver :p

Ergo, all i4 drivers are selfish bastards.

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So I guess it comes down to whether you prefer to give pleasure to others, or be the receiver :p

Ergo, all i4 drivers are selfish bastards.
It all depends what you mean by «pleasure». I hear a lot of «whining» (by that supercharger.) When we finally get our I4 cars (I am #5 receiver on the I4 list In Japan), we will finally see what gives a third party listener most «pleasure» 👀😇❣️Our stealthy elegant and better handling I4s or the crude and noisy V6’es???

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Do reviewers and magazines (internet based included) test 0 - 100 km/h acceleration and top speed in China? Would be nice if you, Matt, can keep a lookout and report what numbers. I suppose there are some V6 cars in China too? Anyone got the idea to do a “shoot-out” between Chinese market V6 and I4.

The 298kW (400 hp) I4 should have the potential to get under 4 sec 0 - 100 km/h (0 - 62 mph).

ADC

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Do reviewers and magazines (internet based included) test 0 - 100 km/h acceleration and top speed in China? Would be nice if you, Matt, can keep a lookout and report what numbers. I suppose there are some V6 cars in China too? Anyone got the idea to do a “shoot-out” between Chinese market V6 and I4.

The 298kW (400 hp) I4 should have the potential to get under 4 sec 0 - 100 km/h (0 - 62 mph).
Hardly seems worth the trouble... we all know the i4 will be quicker (even in 360 hp form).

Last edited:

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hardly seems worth the trouble... we all know the i4 will be quicker (even in 360 hp form).
That's not necessarily true. The 360HP I4 has similar torque as the V6. Both use forced induction so both have fat torque curves at lower RPMs. It would be a toss up.

400HP I4, no question, I wouldn't be surprised if it delivered under 4 second 0-60

ADC

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That's not necessarily true. The 360HP I4 has similar torque as the V6. Both use forced induction so both have fat torque curves at lower RPMs. It would be a toss up.

400HP I4, no question, I wouldn't be surprised if it delivered under 4 second 0-60
Sure, it'd be closer, but the transmission would be the clincher I reckon (and consistently so).

Even though it will be the quicker option, the i4 sound left me cold enough that I switched my spec. I can appreciate all variants will be great to drive, I was just (overly) optimistic there'd be as much flamboyant drama on the i4, and the noises are a significant part of the experience for me personally. Others feel differently, and we can all still be great friends 😁

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The truth is that it gives me the feeling that inside it sounds even better than the V6 🤔
I have ordered a V6 but it is the feeling that it gives me
I think we will have enough fake noises in future cars as they will be electric. The V6 rumbles lovely, inside and out. No need for smoke and mirrors! Drive both, see how you feel.

OP
V

valentinewang

Reaction score

Bcz,Chinese only sell the i4 in the first time, Chinese Lotus promise Chinese market own the most powerful horsepower i4 overworld. The funny thing is The Birtish Lotus couldn't give the china i4 on time,even the demo car. At that moment,Chinese Lotus knew they are fcked and import V6 MT as making up for the Chinese customers.

0pirates0

Reaction score

less than 5 i4s have been delivered so far and i believe some of them have been contacted by KOLs in the field. Hopefully we can see the reviews in a couple weeks.

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Bcz,Chinese only sell the i4 in the first time, Chinese Lotus promise Chinese market own the most powerful horsepower i4 overworld. The funny thing is The Birtish Lotus couldn't give the china i4 on time,even the demo car. At that moment,Chinese Lotus knew they are fcked and import V6 MT as making up for the Chinese customers.
So, this means that at least some V6 exist in China. Were some of these actually sold to private customers? Do you know (approximately) how many V6 were imported and sold (to customers) in China?

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So, this means that at least some V6 exist in China. Were some of these actually sold to private customers? Do you know (approximately) how many V6 were imported and sold (to customers) in China?
There are V6 MT Emira in private hands in China. My local dealer has 2. 1 of them is a demo car that stays in the showroom and the other is privately owned by the boss of the dealership. Don’t know the exact number of V6 in China, but it’s a fairly small quantity. I got to have a short test drive a few weeks ago.

Attachments

• IMG_3577.jpeg
    IMG_3577.jpeg
    373.7 KB · Views: 76

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The wheels were repainted in a chrome like paint. Wasn’t to my taste.

OP
V

valentinewang

Reaction score
Yes,there are a few,but no official data show the total number, gossip says 200 V6MT cars totally in china.

Dirk Wainer

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I have driven both in Shanghai. The i4 is much faster and sounds great. Also ordered one. It is 400hp with 480 nm of torque with 8 gears and it is lighter - faster. Gear changes are faster in sport mode and it sounds good. The V6 felt quick the i4 felt very fast. Gears work best in Track or Sport mode.

Attachments

• IMG_4245.mov
    22.8 MB
Last edited:
OP
V

valentinewang

Reaction score
I have driven both in Shanghai. The i4 is much faster and sounds great. Also ordered one. It is 400hp with 480 nm of torque with 8 gears and it is lighter - faster. Gear changes are faster in sport mode and it sounds good. The V6 felt quick the i4 felt very fast. Gears work best in Track or Sport mode.
View attachment 31387
pretty nice video,thanks for sharing. btw choose sport suspension, tour is too soft and less road feeling.