1500 mile road trip

AndyC

Reaction score
I have had the joy of picking up a Seneca blue Emira last week. It's a beautiful car and very proud to have one.

Next week I am due to go to the south of France through the Alps from London. I have the sports chassis setup and having driven in France a lot, I know the roads are awesome there. Has anyone done a long journey like this in an Emira yet and have any tips for me?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome Andy and congratulations on your Emira. Look forward to reading your feedback and seeing some pictures from your road trip.

You will find a few stories of other people's road trips and feedback over in Owners Journals:

Both Harry's Garage and Evo did European road trips and write ups, but they were more extended test drives than practical tips. I'm sure other owners will be along soon to offer advice.

OP
AndyC

AndyC

Reaction score
Happy to journal the trip… I had to take the car in for a recall this week, had my work bag in the boot and when I took it out it was super hot! So carrying any cosmetics or items that cannot be warm would probably not be a good idea I expect.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It was the same with the Evora - useful for keeping the takeaway warm on the way home but not for the frozen items in the weekly shop!

emirahl

Reaction score
@AndyC
I just came back from a more than 5.000 km trip through the Alps. I covered Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Monaco, France and Spain (Mallorca).
Alp passes like Susten, Grimselel, Furka, Simplon, Stelvio, Timmelsjoch, Reschenbachpass, and some more. Have been at the highest European raod at 2.800 meter height. In all areas the car performed very well in deed. No problems. A flat tire on Furkapass, I can not directly blame Lotus, although the air went out between rim and tire. A bit strange. No puncture or similiar problem. So I can add for you that the foam emergency kit works well and brought us safely down to the valley to a tire shop which organised new tires for us in less than 16 hours. 2 rear Conti, Contact 6. Very good tires.
Another information for you is that even the on and off boarding to the ferry to Mallorca was no problem. However, be careful and do not drive straight on it but in a good angle. It works but not a lot of room left.
When advised that car parks in basements are working. Do not trust. Go down on your own first and check it out. I learnt my lesson and had to go up again, reverse in a curve. 20 cm left on each side. No fun. I will always check with my own eyes in future.
The trunk gets a bit hot, but not more than my trunk of the Miata, which gets hot as well. Not for ice cream for sure but normal luggage is no problem whatsoever.
Enjoy your trip and keep us updated. In case of question pm me.

PJS

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have had the joy of picking up a Seneca blue Emira last week. It's a beautiful car and very proud to have one.

Next week I am due to go to the south of France through the Alps from London. I have the sports chassis setup and having driven in France a lot, I know the roads are awesome there. Has anyone done a long journey like this in an Emira yet and have any tips for me?

Did a 2500 trip from Yorks to Dijon, Interlaken, Como, Davos, Frankfurt & Ring. Best tip that you'll probably know is get that French Toll gizmo in advance, second best tip is take some Autoglym Active Insect Remover and some cloths!

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
An expensive Just eats/deliveroo etc delivery vehicle, not good for pizza, I can't lay them flat other than folding them!

Roland
Explains the popularity of the Porsche flat six engiine

OP
AndyC

AndyC

Reaction score
Did a 2500 trip from Yorks to Dijon, Interlaken, Como, Davos, Frankfurt & Ring. Best tip that you'll probably know is get that French Toll gizmo in advance, second best tip is take some Autoglym Active Insect Remover and some cloths!
Great shout on both accounts emovis tag is a solid shout … but great shout on the bug spray!! What with the window wiper recall too 🙈

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
+1 for the tolltag.

I hid mine away behind the mirror shroud. Worked prefectly.

IMG_8277.jpeg