• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Existing/Previous Lotus Owners -> New Lotus Owners

mr_joshua

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi all.. looks like a healthy mix of previous/existing Lotus owners and people new to the brand because of the Emira (myself included). Thought it would be fun to have a thread with a little sound off and information exchange. For previous/existing Lotus owners...

what are some things to expect - good and bad - to those of us who have never owned?
what are things about the Emira you're most excited about? or what does it represent to you as a previous/existing Lotus owner?
what was/is your first Lotus and what prompted you to buy it? what else were you considering at the time?

Of course anything else pertinent that comes to mind.

Bertone GT

Reaction score
The Emira will be my first Lotus. I was tempted by an Elise for the last 25 years, but never bought it.
I would be interested in how current Evora owners see the Emira. Do you perceive it as an "Evora facelift" or as a new car, what improvements do you see, what disadvantages?
I would have loved to Emira also to be a 2+2, but besides that I only see improvements (mainly exterior looks as I never really liked the Evora design & interior quality)

Rob340R

Reaction score
Had an NA Evora after trading in a troublesome ( unreliable ) GT3 when it was coming out of warranty. The Evora was the best touring car I’d ever had.

the Emira to me is a totally new car , will do the same job but way way better than anything in the segment and probably anything twice the price .. except be a tad slower 0-100k ( so what )

oh forgot, with the SSC V6 upgrades , it’ll be mental quick as well 😉👍

Vipers2000

Reaction score
Never owned a Lotus, looked at Evora before I got my 1st gen Viper. Evora shape was my issue. Now the Emira checks all the boxes!

I never owned a supercharged car before, so that will be different for me too.

Rob340R

Reaction score
Never owned a Lotus, looked at Evora before I got my 1st gen Viper. Evora shape was my issue. Now the Emira checks all the boxes!

I never owned a supercharged car before, so that will be different for me too.
You ain’t go wrong , I had a gen 1 viper , later on got gen 1 Evora , chalk and cheese. The supercharger is something you don’t notice , not like a turbo which needs to spool a bit . The SC just turns the 3.5Ltd into a 5ltr

upgrades to 550hp are easily available in Oz through simply sport cars , my Exige is just getting a little upgrade there 😁

Vipers2000

Reaction score
You ain’t go wrong , I had a gen 1 viper , later on got gen 1 Evora , chalk and cheese. The supercharger is something you don’t notice , not like a turbo which needs to spool a bit . The SC just turns the 3.5Ltd into a 5ltr

upgrades to 550hp are easily available in Oz through simply sport cars , my Exige is just getting a little upgrade there 😁