Eventuri development

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes. And while the intake will void warranties (they even sent out a letter stating such on etc Evora) it doesn't void everything on your powertrain. They have seen issues with data transmitted between the ECU and the TCU (automatics), where the TCU is trying to calculate torque levels, but is confused in shifting because the engine exceeded more than set calculations predict. You AC, wheel bearing, windows, steering are all unrelated along with a long of engine items too that would have to be proven to relate to you mod.

So it's less of an issue on a manual?

finny76

EMIRAAA
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Does anyone know when Eventuri High Flow Air Intake will be available for the EMIRA?

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I wish this Forum was a section in the Lotus Talk Forum rather than this stand alone. So many questions that people ask can be answered by reading the Evora and Exige V6 sections of the LT.

While the driver interface electronics, chassis and interior are different to that of the Evora, the drive train is the same, drive train layout the same and so much has already been learnt over the last 15 yrs of the Evora. Specifically here, LHS intake feeds engine intake and RHS has a fan assist feeding cooling air into engine bay. Air will also feed in from scoops on under tray to cool surrounds of engine, exhaust and transmission flowing up and out side hatch vents and gap at rear of hatch. Forward main radiator provides water coolant for engine and to a water-oil heat exchanger mounted on top of the transmission. SC uses an air-water heat exchanger piped to an other radiator in a nose side duct to cool air intake charge after the supercharger has compresses it. Attachments from Evora Service Manual; while Emira is similar, layout and components will differ so no responsibility for any mis-information.
Reminding me that coolant lines on mid-engine cars are no joke. Hope to never have to maintain.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Reminding me that coolant lines on mid-engine cars are no joke. Hope to never have to maintain.
Keep the coolant fresh and change it regularly if you want the hoses and gaskets to remain healthy over the long term. I would go max 2 years between coolant drain/fill with fresh fluid.

Julian73

Reaction score
Keep the coolant fresh and change it regularly if you want the hoses and gaskets to remain healthy over the long term. I would go max 2 years between coolant drain/fill with fresh fluid.

Lotus uses Toyota Super Long Life Coolant. While I would not trust it for the 10 year life span, I believe its safe for a 4 yr drain and refill interval. I even use that cycle on my track cars. Now back fluid is another matter, that corrosive stuff I change annually if not more often.