Eventuri development

SONOFEMERY

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If one side is for engine intake, is that drivers side? I had assumed both sides intake but I guess thinking logically about the engine it makes sense. What does the intake on the passenger side do, provide some flow to the engine bay for cooling? Apologies for the naivety

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If one side is for engine intake, is that drivers side? I had assumed both sides intake but I guess thinking logically about the engine it makes sense. What does the intake on the passenger side do, provide some flow to the engine bay for cooling? Apologies for the naivety
drivers side intake goes to the supercharger and passenger side just opens to the engine bay. you can even see the engine by looking thru it.

iv seen some cars with mesh but the ones at the dealer didnt have it. maybe a US vs EU thing

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
How are they going to Dyno that? Doesn't it require airflow from the intake or does it pull air freely enough at a stand still?
I’ve no experience with mid or rear wheel dive cars on the dyno but imagine the intake is still fed air from the front aided by the fans. It’s forced induction due to the supercharger so in theory will suck the required air it needs the same as a turbo.
Does anyone know if the stake pulls its source from the floor scoop, side vents or somewhere else?

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The engine air intake draws from the left side main body vent, just behind the door.

The lower side vents below and behind the door open into the rear wheel well for brake cooling.

Lowtush

Emira Fan
Reaction score
That intake let's the supercharger whine beautifully.

Julian73

Reaction score
I wish this Forum was a section in the Lotus Talk Forum rather than this stand alone. So many questions that people ask can be answered by reading the Evora and Exige V6 sections of the LT.

While the driver interface electronics, chassis and interior are different to that of the Evora, the drive train is the same, drive train layout the same and so much has already been learnt over the last 15 yrs of the Evora. Specifically here, LHS intake feeds engine intake and RHS has a fan assist feeding cooling air into engine bay. Air will also feed in from scoops on under tray to cool surrounds of engine, exhaust and transmission flowing up and out side hatch vents and gap at rear of hatch. Forward main radiator provides water coolant for engine and to a water-oil heat exchanger mounted on top of the transmission. SC uses an air-water heat exchanger piped to an other radiator in a nose side duct to cool air intake charge after the supercharger has compresses it. Attachments from Evora Service Manual; while Emira is similar, layout and components will differ so no responsibility for any mis-information.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-03-14 at 3.22.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-03-14 at 3.22.39 PM.png
    95.3 KB · Views: 61
  • Screen Shot 2024-03-14 SC Cooling.png
    Screen Shot 2024-03-14 SC Cooling.png
    119.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Screen Shot 2024-03-14 Trans Cooling .png
    Screen Shot 2024-03-14 Trans Cooling .png
    289.3 KB · Views: 61

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I wish this Forum was a section in the Lotus Talk Forum rather than this stand alone. So many questions that people ask can be answered by reading the Evora and Exige V6 sections of the LT.

While the driver interface electronics, chassis and interior are different to that of the Evora, the drive train is the same, drive train layout the same and so much has already been learnt over the last 15 yrs of the Evora. Specifically here, LHS intake feeds engine intake and RHS has a fan assist feeding cooling air into engine bay. Air will also feed in from scoops on under tray to cool surrounds of engine, exhaust and transmission flowing up and out side hatch vents and gap at rear of hatch. Forward main radiator provides water coolant for engine and to a water-oil heat exchanger mounted on top of the transmission. SC uses an air-water heat exchanger piped to an other radiator in a nose side duct to cool air intake charge after the supercharger has compresses it. Attachments from Evora Service Manual; while Emira is similar, layout and components will differ so no responsibility for any mis-information.

Only the i4 has the scoops in the undertray.

Subw00er

Reaction score
If reasonably priced, I'd consider it. What about Warranty?

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The dealership would have to prove any defects were a direct result of the aftermarket part. The risk of losing your powertrain warranty from what is effectively just a reshaped tube and filter is greater than zero but not very high IMO.

"The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act clearly stipulates that warranties cannot be voided merely due to the use of aftermarket parts or services. Manufacturers are required to prove that the non-original part or service was the direct cause of the defect to deny warranty claims."

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The dealership would have to prove any defects were a direct result of the aftermarket part. The risk of losing your powertrain warranty from what is effectively just a reshaped tube and filter is greater than zero but not very high IMO.

"The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act clearly stipulates that warranties cannot be voided merely due to the use of aftermarket parts or services. Manufacturers are required to prove that the non-original part or service was the direct cause of the defect to deny warranty claims."

Here’s a 2020 TSB to Lotus USA voiding power train for cars with modified air intake filters and the rationale behind it. This is exactly the situation you’re describing.

Likely the legal costs to fight this under Magnuson–Moss are going to far exceed the costs to repair any damages you might claim.

Good luck!

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Here’s a 2020 TSB to Lotus USA voiding power train for cars with modified air intake filters and the rationale behind it. This is exactly the situation you’re describing.

Likely the legal costs to fight this under Magnuson–Moss are going to far exceed the costs to repair any damages you might claim.

Good luck!
Interesting info, but not that worried about it personally. The warranty is only 3 years long as it is and the Toyota powertrain is probably the most reliable part of the car.

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Interesting info, but not that worried about it personally. The warranty is only 3 years long as it is and the Toyota powertrain is probably the most reliable part of the car.
Funny but true, that brings up an interesting question.
If the engine warranty is void, does that mean all warranty? For instance, doors not working or AC.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Funny but true, that brings up an interesting question.
If the engine warranty is void, does that mean all warranty? For instance, doors not working or AC.
After 3 years there’s no more warranty for anything except for federal and carb things. I think those exceptions are airbags and emissions related equipment.

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
After 3 years there’s no more warranty for anything except for federal and carb things. I think those exceptions are airbags and emissions related equipment.
O I meant, If someone tomorrow installs an intake and voids warranty for the engine b/c they're confident in its reliability. Will other parts under warranty within the 3 years still be valid?

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
O I meant, If someone tomorrow installs an intake and voids warranty for the engine b/c they're confident in its reliability. Will other parts under warranty within the 3 years still be valid?
Fortunately yes, the car has 2 warranties, one for powertrain and one for everything else. Even then, if you have aftermarket parts they can't deny warranty claims on something else unrelated. Example: you have aftermarket wheels but your door latch stops working, they can't deny it because of your wheels (or intake, etc.)

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Fortunately yes, the car has 2 warranties, one for powertrain and one for everything else. Even then, if you have aftermarket parts they can't deny warranty claims on something else unrelated. Example: you have aftermarket wheels but your door latch stops working, they can't deny it because of your wheels (or intake, etc.)
I mean they _can_ deny it but you’ll need to take them to court for it. Seems messy for everyone involved.

Julian73

Reaction score
Yes. And while the intake will void warranties (they even sent out a letter stating such on etc Evora) it doesn't void everything on your powertrain. They have seen issues with data transmitted between the ECU and the TCU (automatics), where the TCU is trying to calculate torque levels, but is confused in shifting because the engine exceeded more than set calculations predict. You AC, wheel bearing, windows, steering are all unrelated along with a long of engine items too that would have to be proven to relate to you mod.