Emira Titanium exhaust interest...

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@Aerie when are you going to offer the sport cat pipe replacement. I'd like to use the decat pipe but I also live in a CARB state.

Aerie

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@Aerie when are you going to offer the sport cat pipe replacement. I'd like to use the decat pipe but I also live in a CARB state.
If you want the titanium sport cat down pipe we can arrange for you in one month

crashprash

Reaction score
Hi Crashprash
Do you need to make any mapping adjustments to get the best out of the Y pipe or is it fine like fitting the cat replacement pipe? I am pretty sure the engine management won’t throw up a fault but curious to see if further improvements can be made after a map? Also interested on any sound changes, unless done at the same time as other mods and I guess you won’t know.
According to Aerie, no ecu adjustments required.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Okay @Aerie here's what we need from you. The actual weights of the stock y-pipe, stock 3rd cat, and stock exhaust. Then the actual weights of your titanium y-pipe, 3rd cat delete pipe, and exhaust so we can know exactly how much weight we're saving if we buy those 3 things from you. It also wouldn't hurt to add the weights of the stock exhaust manifolds and your titanium headers too.

For a lot of us, weight-saving is a serious consideration and it would help us greatly if you would provide actual numbers.

Thank you!

Aerie

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Okay @Aerie here's what we need from you. The actual weights of the stock y-pipe, stock 3rd cat, and stock exhaust. Then the actual weights of your titanium y-pipe, 3rd cat delete pipe, and exhaust so we can know exactly how much weight we're saving if we buy those 3 things from you. It also wouldn't hurt to add the weights of the stock exhaust manifolds and your titanium headers too.

For a lot of us, weight-saving is a serious consideration and it would help us greatly if you would provide actual numbers.

Thank you!
a49b29aa-6f15-462d-98de-bbceb76bfd55.jpeg

Here is the weight detail
Our titanium exhaust weight is 6.38kg
Titanium de-cat pipe 350gram
Titanium y-pipe 2.5kg

Emira V6 exhaust with 3 cat 17.5kg
Stock Emira V6 3cat pipe 2.9kg
Stock Emira I4 exhaust 15kg

Stock V6 y-pipe 5.12kg

Last edited:

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
View attachment 37322

Titanium y-pipe 2.5kg

Stock V6 y-pipe 5.12kg
Here ya go converted to lbs. If you get the Antigravity battery, which saves about 35 lbs ($949), for about $4,500 you've removed a clean 70 lbs from the back of the car. You would definitely notice that. (The Aerie exhaust includes the DeCat pipe). Now we just need a dyno chart to see what the power and torque gain is from this setup.

Screenshot 2024-02-20 at 8.01.48 AM.png

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Now we just need a dyno chart to see what the power and torque gain is from this setup.
Zero change. Power/tq readings on a dyno are rotational, not inertial. The weight of the vehicle isn't relevant to the reading. Yes, it will change the acceleration of the car in the real world, but on a dyno it won't make any difference.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Zero change. Power/tq readings on a dyno are rotational, not inertial. The weight of the vehicle isn't relevant to the reading. Yes, it will change the acceleration of the car in the real world, but on a dyno it won't make any difference.
Lol of course the weight of a vehicle isn't relevant to a dyno run. You need your morning coffee. Aerie advertises that their muffler and exhaust system increases power, that's what I want to see on a dyno chart.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Lol of course the weight of a vehicle isn't relevant to a dyno run. You need your morning coffee. Aerie advertises that their muffler and exhaust system increases power, that's what I want to see on a dyno chart.
Sorry, I remembered several people talking about weight change improving dyno results before so I just wanted to make sure we were talking about the same things. :ROFLMAO:

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Here ya go converted to lbs. If you get the Antigravity battery, which saves about 35 lbs ($949), for about $4,500 you've removed a clean 70 lbs from the back of the car. You would definitely notice that. (The Aerie exhaust includes the DeCat pipe). Now we just need a dyno chart to see what the power and torque gain is from this setup.

View attachment 37374
I'm curious to see what their titanium y pipe costs when it's available.

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
this conversation made me think of this

Attachments

• treadmilMeme.mp4
    448.4 KB

Steve24

Emira Fan
Reaction score

View attachment 37374

Excellent. Can you add the Aerie lightweight wheels to that chart?

That would make the total close to 100lb I would think (with the antigravity battery as well).

And all without voiding the warranty!

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
View attachment 37322

Titanium y-pipe 2.5kg

Stock V6 y-pipe 5.12kg
@Aerie, you state above 17.5kg for the Standard V6 exhaust with 3 cat. Below that you state 2.9kg for the 3rd cat pipe.

Does that mean the weight of the the V6 Exhaust (not including 3rd cat) is 17.5kg, or is it 17.5-2.9= 14.6kg?

GRP

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
For those looking to save some weight and get some great sound we will have our titanium systems ready to ship early next month.
These will also be available in stainless for a good middle ground of weight savings and affordability.
We will post actual product weights, sound clips with decibal reading etc as soon as our car arrives.
Located in the US for fast, affordable shipping once they are ready to rock.

20240116_223224-PhotoRoom_f64c122c-f0b9-4ebb-8b1e-5ee024d420de.png

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Excellent. Can you add the Aerie lightweight wheels to that chart?

That would make the total close to 100lb I would think (with the antigravity battery as well).

And all without voiding the warranty!

The exhaust should add a few more hp, so maybe 15? If that's the case, then subtract 90.65 lbs from the stock car weight of 3,232 lbs, and you get 3,141 lbs. 3,141 / 415 = a power to weight ratio of 7.57 which is very good. Puts it on par with an Alfa Romeo QV which is 7.54.

The Aerie exhaust includes the decat pipe, so you don't need to add the cost for that. All totaled, the list below would be just a smidgeon over $7k, not including tax and shipping. There's nothing on that list that would be difficult to install, so if you can DIY, there's no labor cost.

Interior is completely stock, engine is completely stock, tune is completely stock, main factory cats are in place so no emissions issues. Adding lightness for the win!

Screenshot 2024-02-20 at 10.39.32 PM.png

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The exhaust should add a few more hp, so maybe 15? If that's the case, then subtract 90.65 lbs from the stock car weight of 3,232 lbs, and you get 3,141 lbs. 3,141 / 415 = a power to weight ratio of 7.57 which is very good. Puts it on par with an Alfa Romeo QV which is 7.54.

The Aerie exhaust includes the decat pipe, so you don't need to add the cost for that. All totaled, the list below would be just a smidgeon over $7k, not including tax and shipping. There's nothing on that list that would be difficult to install, so if you can DIY, there's no labor cost.

Interior is completely stock, engine is completely stock, tune is completely stock, main factory cats are in place so no emissions issues. Adding lightness for the win!

View attachment 37389
@Eagle7 Their titanium Y pipe is 1300, the steel one is 509. For cost purposes the chart should be updated. That's $791 more.

So far though this is what I'm doing but with the antigravity battery and a cai. So 100lbs saved, twenty to forty hp gained.

Last edited:

Aerie

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

View attachment 37374
Our titanium exhaust is come with the de-cat pipe with no cost , no need additional purchase .

crashprash

Reaction score
Just picked up my car from the dealer with the Aerie exhaust and heat wrapped y-pipe installed. A lot louder in tour setting and sounds more deeper (almost like a turbo car and its now at the point where the exhaust is louder than the supercharger whine). I'm sure the sound will change once it wears in more. The dealer mentioned that another user (will keep them anonymous) had issues with the valve flap rattling so hopefully this doesn't happen to me.

Attachments

• PXL_20240307_225128148.jpg
    PXL_20240307_225128148.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 42