Emira Titanium exhaust interest...

Dream

Reaction score
Gauging interest as we have the potential to develop a high quality hand built (in the UK) titanium exhaust for the Emira.

Having seen some of the pricing coming from Milltek and Supersprint we are trying to gauge interest in a titanium system over conventional stainless steel and what owners would be willing to pay for such a system.

Being constructed from Titanium we would have the natural benefits of weight reduction and a distinct sound over stainless systems, although unsure if the market would be there for a system that could retail of x2/x3 more than some of the other systems on the market.
The system as mentioned would be hand built, valved as standard and built from the highest grade titanium.

Open to constructive feedback and opinions, look forward to hearing from you all.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe the LAP division is currently working with Akrapovič on a titanium "sport" exhaust for the Emira. There's always interest in other aftermarket options, but it would need to be priced competitively with the OEM+ offering and have something unique to make it stand out to the consumer (design/weight/sound/price).

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I suspect the demand for more expensive titanium systems will be impacted by most of the other companies offering cheaper non-titanium systems. I suspect all of them will have system ready for the Emira by the end of the summer.

If you can undercut the Akrapovic/Lotus price by a substantial amount then you have a chance, otherwise people will naturally stay with the brand they know, covered by the brand they love.

schorsch

Reaction score
How much weight reduction can be expected by a Titanium Exhaust - roughly?
I think I would be in if the system was road legal in Germany.

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Almost half the weight so, on a full system, the difference can be a lot.
I don;t know the weight of the current full Emira system.
Though could ask the guys fitting my one to weight it all.

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
being mid (practically rear) engined all of the weight reduction will be on the rear axle, though I doubt it's significant enough to change dynamics

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Emira weight distribution is 560kg F/920kg R. 38%F/62%R.

For comparison an Evora 400 silencer is 17kg (I weighed mine).

So even if a Ti silencer is half the weight it’s not going to make a huge difference.

About 0.35%. But every little helps, as someone once said.

Last edited:

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Emira weight distribution is 560kg F/920kg R. 38%F/62%R.

For comparison an Evora 400 silencer is 17kg (I weighed mine).

So even if a Ti silencer is half the weight it’s not going to make a huge difference.

About 0.35%. But every little helps, as someone once said.
Probably the weight saving by opting for the I4 2.0 AMG will make a bigger impact (there is also aluminum supporting the engine instead of the steel in the V6 3.5). And it would also be cool with an Akrapovic titanium exhaust on the I4 2.0 AMG 😇

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
i have interest in a titanium exhaust setup. I will be comparing and contrasting all of my exhaust options when I get my car in about a year. I would be willing to pay extra for titanium if the sound + price + weight savings is a good fit. I will need to hear lots of examples of stationary/inside/pass by/under load before making any decisions.

schorsch

Reaction score
i have interest in a titanium exhaust setup. I will be comparing and contrasting all of my exhaust options when I get my car in about a year. I would be willing to pay extra for titanium if the sound + price + weight savings is a good fit. I will need to hear lots of examples of stationary/inside/pass by/under load before making any decisions.
@Evotion , any info on the weight of the stock exhaust ?

Aerie

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
IMG_0475.jpeg
We have a full titanium exhaust system for Emira 2.0 , here is some pictures for you reference .

Attachments

• IMG_0331.jpeg
    IMG_0331.jpeg
    377.4 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_0333.jpeg
    IMG_0333.jpeg
    386.9 KB · Views: 166

Aerie

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This is the picture of the Emira V6 full titanium exhaust system, y-pips and the premium heat insulation headers

Attachments

• IMG_3609.jpeg
    IMG_3609.jpeg
    563 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_3598.jpeg
    IMG_3598.jpeg
    415 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_3574.jpeg
    IMG_3574.jpeg
    487.5 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_3594.jpeg
    IMG_3594.jpeg
    386.7 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_3583.jpeg
    IMG_3583.jpeg
    458.9 KB · Views: 186

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This is the picture of the Emira V6 full titanium exhaust system, y-pips and the premium heat insulation headers
If you don't mind me asking, why all the pie cuts (necessitating dozens of extra welds) on the backbox/muffler piping? Looking at the headers you've built, which do look very nice, you do seem to have proper pre-bent sections. Were the pie cuts just for the prototype muffler, or do you intend the final product to be built that way also?