Emira Titanium exhaust interest...

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Unless I'm missing it, it looks like this whole system is using only a single cat? I wonder if that would pass non-California emissions. Gonna be interesting to see what this whole setup costs and how much it weighs.

Aerie

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Looks like the V6 system at least is a prototype - the flanges don't line up in the last picture...
I love the color and texture of titanium :love:
That is not a flanges not line up , is only the gasket…

Aerie

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If you don't mind me asking, why all the pie cuts (necessitating dozens of extra welds) on the backbox/muffler piping? Looking at the headers you've built, which do look very nice, you do seem to have proper pre-bent sections. Were the pie cuts just for the prototype muffler, or do you intend the final product to be built that way also?

If you don't mind me asking, why all the pie cuts (necessitating dozens of extra welds) on the backbox/muffler piping? Looking at the headers you've built, which do look very nice, you do seem to have proper pre-bent sections. Were the pie cuts just for the prototype muffler, or do you intend the final product to be built that way also?
Regarding the pie cut and welds on the titanium exhaust, it is a standard composite. You can search for "titanium weld" to see examples of welding work on similar materials. I have attached a chart showing a perfectly welded titanium joint as a reference. Our final product will have the same level of quality.

Our new titanium exhaust system for the Emira V6 and 2.0 models incorporates numerous detailed features in both the product and production process. These features have been inspired by our past experience in selling motorsport headers and titanium exhaust systems for Lotus Elise, Exige, and Evora models. We have successfully sold over 300 sets of these systems in the past three years.

The new Emira V6 and 2.0 titanium exhaust system , y-pips , header will be launch on our website very soon this weekend and also we have full specs carbon fiber and performance upgrades parts with Emira
will be arrive very soon.

Attachments

• IMG_4564.jpeg
    IMG_4564.jpeg
    73.3 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_3480.jpeg
    IMG_3480.jpeg
    267 KB · Views: 134

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Unless I'm missing it, it looks like this whole system is using only a single cat? I wonder if that would pass non-California emissions. Gonna be interesting to see what this whole setup costs and how much it weighs.

Absolutely won't -- "offroad use only".

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Regarding the pie cut and welds on the titanium exhaust, it is a standard composite. You can search for "titanium weld" to see examples of welding work on similar materials. I have attached a chart showing a perfectly welded titanium joint as a reference. Our final product will have the same level of quality.

Our new titanium exhaust system for the Emira V6 and 2.0 models incorporates numerous detailed features in both the product and production process. These features have been inspired by our past experience in selling motorsport headers and titanium exhaust systems for Lotus Elise, Exige, and Evora models. We have successfully sold over 300 sets of these systems in the past three years.

The new Emira V6 and 2.0 titanium exhaust system , y-pips , header will be launch on our website very soon this weekend and also we have full specs carbon fiber and performance upgrades parts with Emira
will be arrive very soon.

That wasn't the purpose of my question, I know what a good weld looks like. What I was asking is whether it's necessary to have so many welded joints, it introduces numerous opportunities for rough or imperfect surface finish on the inside of the pipe where the flow actually matters. And I'm not saying that your product would necessarily have that, I'm just saying it introduces risk for QC issues that may occur normally in a production process at scale.

I know it looks cool to have all those pie cuts, but from a flow perspective it seems like it would be a more reliable end product if it was constructed from bent sections rather than many pieces of chopped straight pipe. Just a personal opinion.

Otherwise, very interested to see how people get on with this exhaust system and will definitely have it on my list as an option once my Emira finally arrives. Best of luck to you with this, I hope it's successful.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That wasn't the purpose of my question, I know what a good weld looks like. What I was asking is whether it's necessary to have so many welded joints, it introduces numerous opportunities for rough or imperfect surface finish on the inside of the pipe where the flow actually matters. And I'm not saying that your product would necessarily have that, I'm just saying it introduces risk for QC issues that may occur normally in a production process at scale.

I know it looks cool to have all those pie cuts, but from a flow perspective it seems like it would be a more reliable end product if it was constructed from bent sections rather than many pieces of chopped straight pipe. Just a personal opinion.

Otherwise, very interested to see how people get on with this exhaust system and will definitely have it on my list as an option once my Emira finally arrives. Best of luck to you with this, I hope it's successful.
What is the weight of your titanium system versus the weight of the stock factory system? Also, I looked at your website and the wheels for the Emira look interesting, but you don't list the weights. If you're advertising your products to have lighter weight, it's a good idea to list the actual weights.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Absolutely won't -- "offroad use only".
Yeah that's what I kinda figured, but if it's offroad (i.e. track) use only, why have a cat in the first place? It's a nice looking system though.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yeah that's what I kinda figured, but if it's offroad (i.e. track) use only, why have a cat in the first place? It's a nice looking system though.
I mean it's very obviously the same reason all the other aftermarket exhausts with catalytic converters exist, to skirt the law just enough so that you can run your illegally modified exhaust on the road. It's also why the entire industry is currently being cracked down upon by the EPA -- abuse gets a response -- and the fines are huge.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I mean it's very obviously the same reason all the other aftermarket exhausts with catalytic converters exist, to skirt the law just enough so that you can run your illegally modified exhaust on the road. It's also why the entire industry is currently being cracked down upon by the EPA -- abuse gets a response -- and the fines are huge.
I guess it depends. My 2010 Camaro SS which I set up for track days, has high-flow cats and a custom stainless exhaust system including tri-y headers, and it passes at the smog station when I have to get it smogged every couple of years. But then I'm not in California so maybe it wouldn't there.

Aerie

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I guess it depends. My 2010 Camaro SS which I set up for track days, has high-flow cats and a custom stainless exhaust system including tri-y headers, and it passes at the smog station when I have to get it smogged every couple of years. But then I'm not in California so maybe it wouldn't there.

Our titanium exhaust system was meticulously developed in Australia. This exceptional product has been designed to cater to a diverse range of applications, ranging from motorsports enthusiasts to sports car connoisseurs. At our company, we specialize in providing unmatched performance upgrades and expert experiences for Lotus car owners from around the world.

We understand that some customers may have concerns regarding local regulations. Rest assured, we have taken this into account. In the future, we will be offering a titanium exhaust option equipped with Euro 6 sport catalysts. This ensures compliance with local regional laws, providing a seamless and hassle-free experience for our law-abiding customers.

Thank you for your continued support and trust in our products. We look forward to serving you better with our exceptional titanium exhaust system. ❤️

Aerie

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What is the weight of your titanium system versus the weight of the stock factory system? Also, I looked at your website and the wheels for the Emira look interesting, but you don't list the weights. If you're advertising your products to have lighter weight, it's a good idea to list the actual weights.

For our titanium exhaust system come with a de-cat downpipe This outstanding system weighs less than 6.5kg approx a significant reduction compared to the factory specification of 14.5kg. By opting for our titanium exhaust system, you can save an impressive 8kg from the factory setup.

In addition, we would like to share some exciting news with you. We have extensively tested our premium heat insulation header and y-pipes, which feature the same design as our titanium exhaust, on the 2GR-FE V6 engine with a water-cooling supercharger in the Exige 410sports stock cars. These tests yielded remarkable results, with a power upgrade of 21.7HP recorded during dyno test runs and we will measure our own Emira V6 soon

Aerie

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Apologies for any confusion. Allow me to clarify the details regarding our titanium exhaust system.

The manufacturing process of our titanium exhaust system incorporates cutting-edge welding technology with over ten years of experience. We utilize the finest TIG factory machines, ensuring precise and reliable welds through gas shielded processes. As a result, you will notice the welds inside the tubes are exceptionally smooth.

We take great pride in the craftsmanship and quality of our titanium exhaust system. Rest assured that it has undergone rigorous manufacturing procedures to meet the highest standards, providing you with a product that is both durable and aesthetically pleasing.

Aerie

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Attachments

• 9ff8d598-779f-4689-b9da-370272d5214a.jpeg
    9ff8d598-779f-4689-b9da-370272d5214a.jpeg
    163.9 KB · Views: 37
  • d10eb546-e29a-4430-97b4-be4fc6eb3716.jpeg
    d10eb546-e29a-4430-97b4-be4fc6eb3716.jpeg
    173.4 KB · Views: 38

Aerie

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
For our titanium exhaust system come with a de-cat downpipe This outstanding system weighs less than 6.5kg approx a significant reduction compared to the factory specification of 14.5kg. By opting for our titanium exhaust system, you can save an impressive 8kg from the factory setup.

In addition, we would like to share some exciting news with you. We have extensively tested our premium heat insulation header and y-pipes, which feature the same design as our titanium exhaust, on the 2GR-FE V6 engine with a water-cooling supercharger in the Exige 410sports stock cars. These tests yielded remarkable results, with a power upgrade of 21.7HP recorded during dyno test runs and we will measure our own Emira V6 soon

Weight detail revise:

17.5kg: V6 OEM
15kg: I4 2.0 OEM

6.38kg V6 AERIE titanium exhaust

Aerie

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
We are excited to announce that our new Emira titanium exhaust is now available online. To celebrate Black Friday, we are offering special discounts for our customers. We invite you to check out our website for more details. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out. We are here to assist you.

no_change.jpeg

Last edited: