Emira Titanium exhaust interest...

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
How do you know it doesn't void the warranty? Is this conclusive? I asked my dealer and he said if it could be tracked down to the exhaust it would void that part, but can they simply say it's a contributing factor so therefore we won't honor it?

I ask because this is the setup I have coming as well from @Aerie (having listened to your videos several times). I want to do this and the Eventuri when @GRP stocks it, but want to maintain my warranty. The supercharger cover I'll get powder coated but the dealer said if they are the ones to remove and reinstall it I'm fine.
My dealer said it doesn´t. void the engine warranty, since what it actually does is improving the conditions for engine working . I didn´t ask about the EVenturi, which I might also consider

crashprash

Reaction score
Received the Aerie heat shielded y-pipe

Attachments

• PXL_20240215_225616485.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240215_225616485.MP.jpg
    481.2 KB · Views: 58

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I wonder how much more that weighs than the one without the shielding, and how much reduction in heat does it provide? It would be nice if @Aerie could do an install of both, and use a laser thermometer to measure the heat difference. That would be valuable and useful to post with the product to let customers know what the advantages/benefits are.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I wonder how much more that weighs than the one without the shielding, and how much reduction in heat does it provide? It would be nice if @Aerie could do an install of both, and use a laser thermometer to measure the heat difference. That would be valuable and useful to post with the product to let customers know what the advantages/benefits are.
Exactly. What does $200+ get you? Here are the results:

crashprash

Reaction score
I got it mainly because I plan to get their heat shield headers in the future (they don't have a non-heat shield version) and figured I might as well match everything up

Speedy Emira

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi Crashprash
Do you need to make any mapping adjustments to get the best out of the Y pipe or is it fine like fitting the cat replacement pipe? I am pretty sure the engine management won’t throw up a fault but curious to see if further improvements can be made after a map? Also interested on any sound changes, unless done at the same time as other mods and I guess you won’t know.

SONOFEMERY

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Steve24

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Amazing. Super into this one. Would love to know how it sounds with just the sport catback (no race headers).
Agreed. That sounds superb.
I don’t want the Emira to sound like a road car V12.
I want it to sound like an old school F1 car - like my old 355 sounded.
Spine-tingling!

My biggest issue with any of these mods is warranty.
You’d have to be crazy (or rich enough to not care) to do anything unless it is crystal clear it doesn’t void the warranty, IMO.

If it can be confirmed that these exhaust changes don’t void the whole powertrain warranty, I’m in.

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Agreed. That sounds superb.
I don’t want the Emira to sound like a road car V12.
I want it to sound like an old school F1 car - like my old 355 sounded.
Spine-tingling!

My biggest issue with any of these mods is warranty.
You’d have to be crazy (or rich enough to not care) to do anything unless it is crystal clear it doesn’t void the warranty, IMO.

If it can be confirmed that these exhaust changes don’t void the whole powertrain warranty, I’m in.
It's been confirmed several times that exhaust doesn't void the warranty so you are good (y)

Last edited:

Sentinel

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Installed the Y pipe, catless J pipe and back box on my car yesterday.
Will have a full video up soon as promised, just need to record all the "after" clips and edit it.

No major fitment issues at all and it sounds fantastic. Nice deep tone without being crazy loud and no excessive drone inside the car. Very happy with it.

Just a few minor things we came across that could be improved.

The flanges on the Y pipe to bolt up to the headers are a different type to the factory Y pipe and don't have the little notch to locate the gasket which made it quite difficult to reuse the factory gaskets. Would recommend either including custom gaskets or changing the flange to match the OEM one.

Also noticed the left side outlet doesn't quite sit in the centre of the exhaust tip, but everything else aligned perfectly with no issues :)

Attachments

• RPReplay_Final1708158157.mov
    21.2 MB

Sentinel

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Exactly. What does $200+ get you? Here are the results:
Stock Y pipe doesn't have any shielding other than a small metal cover over the flex joint. Here it is next to the Aerie one.

Attachments

• 420242501_10161214069422184_7550806174755866964_n.jpg
    420242501_10161214069422184_7550806174755866964_n.jpg
    427.3 KB · Views: 63

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Great, thanks.
Has anyone contacted that company to see if they are planning a system for the Emira?
Not that I know of, I’m not sure if the video sounding f1-like is their $3k package (no race headers) or $8k package(race headers).

I’m assuming it’s the second one.

But someone should def contact them, a majority of us weekend drivers would probably want the f1 drama.

Sentinel

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That F1-esque rasp you hear is almost certainly a result of running catless headers.

Aerie

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Our titanium exhaust system with Motorsport header sounds would be like this.

Attachments

• 282d8227-79f8-4fbd-8da7-50e010d6979b.mov
    1.1 MB

Aerie

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That is petty like the sound from formula One

Attachments

• RPReplay_Final1662020199.mov
    23.1 MB

Aerie

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Stock Y pipe doesn't have any shielding other than a small metal cover over the flex joint. Here it is next to the Aerie one.
The lotus Emira OEM Stainless steel exhaust y-pipe design 2-1 merge collector are almost a T-junction! The end of the pipe on Bank 1 was Flattened for clearance too - not great.

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The lotus Emira OEM Stainless steel exhaust y-pipe design 2-1 merge collector are almost a T-junction! The end of the pipe on Bank 1 was Flattened for clearance too - not great.
Very curious about dyno results and total weight savings of this combination:
- stock ECU/tune
- stock intake
- stock headers
- Ti y-pipe
- Ti 3rd cat delete pipe
- Ti backbox

I don't want too loud or raspy (prefer to be on the growly side) but would be very motivated if it shows improved engine breathing for mid-range torque gain.