Emira Titanium exhaust interest...

beardp

Reaction score
I reached out to JCR in the UK. Begging them to develop one.
I have their Ti cat-backs on my 992 GT3. Unbelievable quality ! Bit spendy though :)

Blackthought_

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Indeed. The Emira needs a decent cat back. Stock sounds like a Honda. Need to unlock some noise !!
On my Evora GT I did the 3rd cat delete and thought it sounded great and wanted just a tad more so I tried out the titanium exhaust from top speed and thought it stupid loud and drony. Sold it very quickly and then tried out the Larini exhaust and it was OK but wasn’t a huge of the high pitched squeal towards the top of the rev range. Decided to go back to stock with decat and decided it was perfect. Ha.

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
With all due respect, it’s a bit of a shitty move putting in a charge back on your CC at an early stage, or with a bit of a shipping delay when buying from the other side of the world. Pay the premium price from a local supplier if you need immediate delivery.

Fair enough put in a CC charge back if things go completely to crap, and there is the option to put in a charge back a long time after initial payment.

Frankly the way CC companies allow charge backs to be used to steal from companies and the way they look the other way when people are blatantly scamming is criminal.

beardp

Reaction score
On my Evora GT I did the 3rd cat delete and thought it sounded great and wanted just a tad more so I tried out the titanium exhaust from top speed and thought it stupid loud and drony. Sold it very quickly and then tried out the Larini exhaust and it was OK but wasn’t a huge of the high pitched squeal towards the top of the rev range. Decided to go back to stock with decat and decided it was perfect. Ha.

Similar experience. It's a fine line. In my experience, NA setups sound fantastic on straight catbacks 992 GT3 sounds fantastic. I tired the same on turbo setups like Golf R and Carrera 4S - super drony!! ugh! unbearable.

Very small sample test, but I found that race cats + stock silencers on turbos sounds great. Stock cats + straight pipes on NA sounds fantastic.

So.... Emira is NA + boost. If my experience holds - stock cats and straight pipes should unlock some decent noise.

beardp

Reaction score
With all due respect, it’s a bit of a shitty move putting in a charge back on your CC at an early stage, or with a bit of a shipping delay when buying from the other side of the world. Pay the premium price from a local supplier if you need immediate delivery.

Fair enough put in a CC charge back if things go completely to crap, and there is the option to put in a charge back a long time after initial payment.

Frankly the way CC companies allow charge backs to be used to steal from companies and the way they look the other way when people are blatantly scamming is criminal.

Good point. I completely agree. I'll wait a few days.

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Good point. I completely agree. I'll wait a few days.
No worries.

My suggestion is you send them a polite, simply worded and to the point email, with Credit Card Chargeback in the subject. That might help to get a timely response back.

Another suggestion, maybe adjust your expectations a little regards delivery time and communication when purchasing from remote locations, especially if it’s somewhat made to order. It’s easy to get used to quick deliveries from Amazon and automated emails that make you feel valued (it’s automated, they don’t care either).

Frankly, if buying from a remote supplier, it’s better to use PayPal. They have a reasonable dispute process that allows problems to be worked through, even if it takes some time. A CC chargeback is a very unfair process IMO, it’s not fair to use it at the first opportunity, it should only be a last resort.

beardp

Reaction score
No worries.

My suggestion is you send them a polite, simply worded and to the point email, with Credit Card Chargeback in the subject. That might help to get a timely response back.

Another suggestion, maybe adjust your expectations a little regards delivery time and communication when purchasing from remote locations, especially if it’s somewhat made to order. It’s easy to get used to quick deliveries from Amazon and automated emails that make you feel valued (it’s automated, they don’t care either).

Frankly, if buying from a remote supplier, it’s better to use PayPal. They have a reasonable dispute process that allows problems to be worked through, even if it takes some time. A CC chargeback is a very unfair process IMO, it’s not fair to use it at the first opportunity, it should only be a last resort.
Understood and agreed.
however, the delivery expectation was set by them.

Aerie

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I ordered an exhaust, y pipe and diffuser from Aerie on the 10 March.

Everything in stock on the website. Then they said that the diffuser was not in stock.

Ordered on the 10th. They said exhaust and y pipe had shipped but the tracking status is:

View attachment 38983

Very frustrating.

Now I need to get my credit card company to dispute the charges. What a PITA !!
We would like to provide you with an update on the pickup and current status of your package, which was ordered on 11 March 8:13am . After consulting with my colleagues, I have confirmed that the package was picked up by the HK post office on 15 March. I have attached the pickup request for your reference.

11de48f3-fccb-4649-bd7d-30b7a5047206.jpeg

To ensure that we offer you the most accurate information, we have already contacted the HK post office to inquire about the current status of your package. However, please be aware that due to the weekend holiday, we may receive a response from them on Monday. Rest assured, as soon as we receive the details, we will promptly provide them to you. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this slight delay.

Please note that we currently have 7 sets of the Emira titanium exhaust system in stock and ready to dispatch from Hong Kong. Contrary to what some forum members have mentioned about having to wait 20-30 days for tracking numbers from China dispatch, our aim is to process and dispatch orders within 5 working days. Therefore, you can expect to your tracking information will show working by the next working day, Monday. We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

As a token of our apology for any inconvenience caused, we would like to offer you a special discount. We already contacted with customer to via email conversation, and our team will provide you with the details.

Once again, we sincerely apologize for the delay in the package status update. We value your business and are committed to ensuring your satisfaction. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us. Our dedicated team is here to assist you.

Last edited:

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
FWIW I’ve ordered a few things from Aerie and never had issues.

Communication has been great before, during and after the transaction and shipping times were actually fast for items coming from HK.

Carrier issues happen whether it’s in HK or the USA. I’m sure Jason will take care of you.

Stiffarm

Reaction score
I would really appreciate an audio recording with a high-quality audio recorder with no dynamic range compression, limiter, or automatic gain, which makes the car seem louder at a distance than it really is. Recorded this way, the exhaust would sound very dynamic and realistic, with a symphony of unparalleled tonal finesse that weaves a tapestry of intricate resonance, enveloping the listener in a sonic panorama that elevates beyond the banality of mere vehicular sound. This would encapsulate the very essence of acoustic fidelity, transcending the ordinary and transporting the listener into a heightened realm of sonic authenticity, with a mesmerizing interplay of harmonics and meticulously articulated sound frequencies, immersing oneself in an automotive sonic artistry that borders on the mystical.
Jeez, you had me at "symphony"--from there my eyes rolled back in my head...!

beardp

Reaction score
We would like to provide you with an update on the pickup and current status of your package, which was ordered on 11 March 8:13am . After consulting with my colleagues, I have confirmed that the package was picked up by the HK post office on 15 March. I have attached the pickup request for your reference.

View attachment 39015

To ensure that we offer you the most accurate information, we have already contacted the HK post office to inquire about the current status of your package. However, please be aware that due to the weekend holiday, we may receive a response from them on Monday. Rest assured, as soon as we receive the details, we will promptly provide them to you. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this slight delay.

Please note that we currently have 7 sets of the Emira titanium exhaust system in stock and ready to dispatch from Hong Kong. Contrary to what some forum members have mentioned about having to wait 20-30 days for tracking numbers from China dispatch, our aim is to process and dispatch orders within 5 working days. Therefore, you can expect to your tracking information will show working by the next working day, Monday. We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

As a token of our apology for any inconvenience caused, we would like to offer you a special discount. We already contacted with customer to via email conversation, and our team will provide you with the details.

Once again, we sincerely apologize for the delay in the package status update. We value your business and are committed to ensuring your satisfaction. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us. Our dedicated team is here to assist you.

1 week (7 days) after order. Here is the shipping status:

1710727758514.png

beardp

Reaction score
Still nothing other than a veiled threat from Jason at Aerie.

They upgraded my order long after they said it had shipped.

I don’t doubt it will arrive eventually but they set a false expectation.

It leaves me wondering exactly what the actual composition of the exhaust is actually titanium. ?

Oh, and Jason @Aerie - stick your threat up you a$$

Aerie

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Still nothing other than a veiled threat from Jason at Aerie.

They upgraded my order long after they said it had shipped.

I don’t doubt it will arrive eventually but they set a false expectation.

It leaves me wondering exactly what the actual composition of the exhaust is actually titanium. ?

Oh, and Jason @Aerie - stick your threat up you a$$

Your signature is required for the package. We received your order on March 11th, and the HK post picked up the titanium exhaust on March 15th. Subsequently, we shipped additional packages containing the updated heat insulation y-pipe and diffuser on March 18th. Here is the latest update on your shipment for your reference and estimate you will received the package in one or two day since those packages are currently in MT your city . We take pride in our timely fulfillment service.

The titanium exhaust is made of 100% GR1 titanium material. Please rest assured that there is no stainless steel included.

At the moment, we do not have plans to manufacture a titanium y-pipe.
IMG_4390.jpeg
IMG_4389.jpeg

Last edited:

Sentinel

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Here's the Aerie system on my car after a few heat cycles. The J pipe and back box is definetly all titanium at least on the outer visible parts.

Hopefully I'll have this valve rattle sorted soon and can finish my comparison video. :)

Attachments

• 434194576_10161268817927184_2740771810488994586_n.jpg
    434194576_10161268817927184_2740771810488994586_n.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 60

TurboTambo

Reaction score
Our product is created entirely in-house, starting from the initial design and molding process, all the way through production.🫡
In this case you must have videos of your Titanium Exhaust for the i4. Loads of people are waiting to see/hear it in action. When are the videos going to be released? Thanks