Emira Issues - from final production cars

What version number of the digital-only manual did that first appear? ;)
perhaps no real version numbers to speak of, so we could refer to them by their respective forum thread and page # that they were first unveiled through ;) like emiraforum chapter and verse!

One I don’t recall reading about, filling up with fuel and the trigger clicks off, tank nowhere near full, fuel bubbles back up out of the filling port. Happened at 2 different stations the last 2 filling attempts. Anyone else had this?
I had it happen on my last fillup. I just kept the end of the nozzle in the tube until the bubbling stopped; took about 4 seconds.

I get that a bit. A quick release of the clutch in N gets speed in the shaft which makes it easier for gears/sycros to mesh. I won't be surprised if slotting R with no shaft speed gets easier as components wear off their brand-new edges.

Also, sometimes the trans wants to hold me in R and I have to let the car roll an inch or two to get the lever out of R. I have what seems to be a bit of excess shifter cable movement (forward to aft, not crossgate which is tight) and maybe that plays a part in this too. My VIN is within the TSB for the A/C rain gutter, so I'll have the dealer take out the shifter slack when I'm in for that.
This is an exactly my thought process as I recently experienced this too. In my Jeep wrangler when sometimes when I try to get it into 4lo, it refuses or screeches until the car rolls slightly and then it pops right in. Says it in the manual too.

I feel like I'm posting a lot in this thread lately.. but curious about creaking. About 500 miles in now and I'm getting more and more noise from the interior. I've noticed some creaking as I turn into steep driveways, which isn't much of an issue for me. Hard to say what's making the noise, seems to occur from torsional stress when going over diagonal incline/declines of driveways and such. Is it the dash fixtures or something deeper in the chassis? Not sure. Otherwise nothing of note.

But today it was a bit hotter than usual, and I noticed on the highway there was a similar creaking/clicking/ratteling when driving over small bumps or road texture on the highway. Again, hard to tell where it's coming from, but it sounds like some non-mechanical part (perhaps interior or plastic fixings, etc) somewhere within the drivers side dash area, but could be deeper in than I'm realizing.

Seems pretty difficult to diagnose, and a lot of it might just boil down to "well it's a Lotus". But of course we all appreciate a car that doesn't rattle or make unwanted noise. Curious if others have had issues like this?

I feel like I'm posting a lot in this thread lately.. but curious about creaking. About 500 miles in now and I'm getting more and more noise from the interior. I've noticed some creaking as I turn into steep driveways, which isn't much of an issue for me. Hard to say what's making the noise, seems to occur from torsional stress when going over diagonal incline/declines of driveways and such. Is it the dash fixtures or something deeper in the chassis? Not sure. Otherwise nothing of note.

But today it was a bit hotter than usual, and I noticed on the highway there was a similar creaking/clicking/ratteling when driving over small bumps or road texture on the highway. Again, hard to tell where it's coming from, but it sounds like some non-mechanical part (perhaps interior or plastic fixings, etc) somewhere within the drivers side dash area, but could be deeper in than I'm realizing.

Seems pretty difficult to diagnose, and a lot of it might just boil down to "well it's a Lotus". But of course we all appreciate a car that doesn't rattle or make unwanted noise. Curious if others have had issues like this?
I noticed on mine that the door seals, especially the large area at the front near the top were dry looking. I got some Honda Shin Etsu grease (thanks to a tip from @kitkat) and put that on the seals. No squeaks. If you get a tube of this, a little goes a long way. Put just a dab on your finger tip, and work it into the rubber seal. Do this in sections on the seals. I did the door seals on the doors, the seals on the door frame of the car, and the rubber seal around the trunk.

I'd suggest starting there, and see if that takes care of it.

One I don’t recall reading about, filling up with fuel and the trigger clicks off, tank nowhere near full, fuel bubbles back up out of the filling port. Happened at 2 different stations the last 2 filling attempts. Anyone else had this?
I won’t be surprised if it’s the EVAP pressure release valve - seems to be affecting a few cars (mine was addressed a week or so ago).

My car has 600 miles and maybe 25% of the time I struggle to get it into reverse. I'll then put it back into 1st then to reverse to try to shake something in the linkage. Usually works. But sometimes it will only go into R if I let the car roll a little and shift while it's rolling (which can be hairy in a tight spot). Is anyone else experiencing this? Hoping it works its way out - last thing I want is anyone tinkering w linkage or tranny and causing more issues.
Every older manual car I have ever had does this to some degree. Older Alfas, Ferraris, Corvettes, etc. I’ve never owned a ”modern” manual, so if I experienced this in an Emira I would just think it was normal.

I had similar issues with my Evora. The problem was so bad I took the entire car apart and redid all the clips that attached panels to the vehicle. I used BMW German-made clips and felt separation and that solved the problem. It was annoying but I was doing an Audio upgrade too so it made sense to tackle both same time. I drove 4 different Emiras this year and only 1 had a noise that could be described as annoying, Good luck

Last edited:

UPDATE: After coming home today from a cars and coffee, I was wiping down the car with a damp cloth and I noticed what can best be described as a creaking noise coming from several spots on the car. This only happened when I was pressing on them; the black side vents, and the body panels on the rear sides behind the wheels where the lower panel meets the upper. It's a plastic squeaking against plastic sound.

Fixing this would require removing the wheel well liners for the back wheels, and looking into what can be done. Either they need tightening, or perhaps a very thin piece of felt paper in the seams/joints, or even some kind of grease/lubricant for plastic/fiberglass.

Any Evora owners run into this and have a best-practices solution?

Any Evora owners run into this and have a best-practices solution?

How hard are you pressing? I haven't noticed anything like you described with my Evora. I did notice on my buddy's Emira that the front bumper cover has a lot of flex to it. No strange noises though.

How hard are you pressing? I haven't noticed anything like you described with my Evora. I did notice on my buddy's Emira that the front bumper cover has a lot of flex to it. No strange noises though.
I was just leaning against the car when cleaning the rear window when I noticed it, and began going around pressing on things to see if there were any similar squeaks, and there are a few, but only if you press on those areas. I think all of them will be accessible with the wheel well liners removed, which I'm going to do at some point to check for road noise vibration. I was just curious if others had noticed this and what (if any) remedy they had used to take care of it.

I was just leaning against the car when cleaning the rear window when I noticed it, and began going around pressing on things to see if there were any similar squeaks, and there are a few, but only if you press on those areas. I think all of them will be accessible with the wheel well liners removed, which I'm going to do at some point to check for road noise vibration. I was just curious if others had noticed this and what (if any) remedy they had used to take care of it.
I noticed the side vents creak if you push on them which I think I managed to cure with a small squirt of silicone spray. I was just trying to eliminate possible sources of an annoying intermittent minor creak I can hear when driving. It sounds like it is coming from the passenger footwell area, but I know from past experience creaks and rattles can resonate through the car's structure making them very difficult to trace. I spent ages trying to trace the source of a rattle in my Caterham which I was convinced was coming from under the passenger seat. It turned out to be a loose dzus fastener in the nose cone. Anyway, my Emira creak remains so I don't think it was the side vents. Suggestions welcome for where to look next. I'm going to try silicone grease on the door/window seals to eliminate them, but it does sound more like plastic on plastic somewhere towards the front of the car.

I noticed the side vents creak if you push on them which I think I managed to cure with a small squirt of silicone spray. I was just trying to eliminate possible sources of an annoying intermittent minor creak I can hear when driving. It sounds like it is coming from the passenger footwell area, but I know from past experience creaks and rattles can resonate through the car's structure making them very difficult to trace. I spent ages trying to trace the source of a rattle in my Caterham which I was convinced was coming from under the passenger seat. It turned out to be a loose dzus fastener in the nose cone. Anyway, my Emira creak remains so I don't think it was the side vents. Suggestions welcome for where to look next. I'm going to try silicone grease on the door/window seals to eliminate them, but it does sound more like plastic on plastic somewhere towards the front of the car.
It seems like a lot of people are reporting creaking from the footwell area. I wonder if we can isolate this down depending on what side drive car you have (i.e. US is left hand drive, UK is right hand drive). It would be interesting if creaks were reported from the same side of the car. Mine sounds like US (left) drivers side.

Picked up my Emira on Sunday. Upon pickup, dealer discovered my fuel guage does not work after filling it full tank; just stuck at 1/4 level. Drove 400 miles back home and half way got a check engine light. P0461 Code (Fuel Level Sensor ).

Check the door jams where the latch for the door lock is mounted. Mine squeak when I push on them, noticed during a car wash.

Last edited:
I won’t be surprised if it’s the EVAP pressure release valve - seems to be affecting a few cars (mine was addressed a week or so ago).
Interesting, I also have an engine light and the ODB code is evaporative emission, I thought that meant something else but this makes a lot is sense. Thanks

Random sanity check... above the rear parcel shelf do others also have a gap between the leather trim and the vertical rear window? In my car the whole upper part of the panel is about 1/2" off the glass and can be pushed/flexed freely.

My car came in but failed PDI and needs new rotors and pads. I will be waiting till they come in as the parts are on backorder. So no delivery or purchase for me as the wait has gone on since the 2021 deposit. I was also told my 2024 Z06 starts production at the end of next week, had that deposit since 1-2021, and I bet the Z06 is available before the Emira, go figure.

Last edited:
How can it need new rotors? I've seen the pad fracturing, but what happened to the rotors?