Anyone got an Emira with zero issues?!

Poll: anyone got an Emira with no issues?

• Yes!

Votes: 41 48.8%
  • No!

Votes: 31 36.9%
  • I'm not sure if it's an issue yet

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Some minor that come and go, varies

Votes: 9 10.7%

• Total voters

Lolub

Reaction score
I'd love to hear from anyone who has an Emira with zero issues, from day one until now... And I mean zero on everything as it exists now (other than the issue of water falling into the engine from the hatch), not things you wish could've been done differently. I personally don't consider poor sound quality from KEF an issue, as that could be subjective. I'm thinking more mechanical, electrical, software, assembly, stitching,, etc.

Also, I personally think Shmee's and Harry's cars got special top-to-bottom inspections and quality control treatment due to their large social media followings, so almost no issues.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Flawless so far. Evora turned to 15 actually. Some alignment problems but don't consider that a big issue.

Attachments

• 62D93510-8460-4B9A-944B-D310B69B9682.jpeg
    62D93510-8460-4B9A-944B-D310B69B9682.jpeg
    144.2 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I think this is a very valid thread.

Obviously we don't have access to people with Emiras but aren't on this forum, so we don't know their experiences. But those on here who have received a car are unlikely to never return! So when they do, they can add their comments here. Which should only take them a second as nothing more than 'me' is necessary... There are other threads for customer reviews etc.

I'm very interested in the results of this thread. It would also be helpful to know how many cars have been delivered to UK owners. I don't beliwit is that many yet.

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So far I have zero actual issues. There was a slightly out of line piece of interior trim which took me 30 seconds to put right and other than that all has been well! Not had a chance to properly try the windscreen wipers to see if that issue is present though...

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Slightly off topic (sorry) but I had a perfect 1st post run-in drive this morning.

The heater was working, the sun was shining, the traffic was elsewhere and the roads were dry and winding… 😍

I pushed the engine up to 6,000rpm… the car came alive, felt balance, smooth, alive and exhilarating (even with a small hangover).

It was everything I wanted from my car.

6EBE6334-47E0-4571-BD81-238804FAE9A2.jpeg

4E93DDBD-2948-4E28-9B60-A8FAE9CAAD54.jpeg

4CDA8874-DDAB-4676-871C-BA33E66A01EF.jpeg

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Slightly off topic (sorry) but I had a perfect 1st post run-in drive this morning.

The heater was working, the sun was shining, the traffic was elsewhere and the roads were dry and winding… 😍

I pushed the engine up to 6,000rpm… the car came alive, felt balance, smooth, alive and exhilarating (even with a small hangover).

View attachment 22119
View attachment 22120
View attachment 22121
However your front number plate appears to have fallen off.

Wonza

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Statistically I think we'll find that those with issues are more likely to post about them here whilst those without are probably ignoring this forum and enjoying their cars!
It’s like. If I never find out on this forum or Facebook, somethings I would never of known. But isn’t it good to know so we can all get it fixed and enjoy it. It’s not all about negativity because I really do want the car to work (just look at how much attention it gets from the public when parked up) and retain its values. In fact, Lotus can benefit from this feedback (focus group) to make it far superior product. I’m not really picky but when my wife notices things in the passenger seat and you have to explain to her it’s a £80k not £200k car, stop moaning 😂

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

View attachment 22119
View attachment 22120
View attachment 22121
That is truly nice to hear 🥰

OP
Lolub

Lolub

Reaction score
My heater fixed itself… then broke again, then fixed itself again… does that count?
Wow, @Jimblob , that was unexpected 🤔 Sounds like it depends on the day that you're responding to the thread 😳

OP
Lolub

Lolub

Reaction score
Though I appreciate all the discussions, I'd also appreciate if we could stay on my thread topic as the OP 👍🙏

Concept24

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I'd love to hear from anyone who has an Emira with zero issues, from day one until now... And I mean zero on everything as it exists now (other than the issue of water falling into the engine from the hatch), not things you wish could've been done differently. I personally don't consider poor sound quality from KEF an issue, as that could be subjective. I'm thinking more mechanical, electrical, software, assembly, stitching,, etc.

Also, I personally think Shmee's and Harry's cars got special top-to-bottom inspections and quality control treatment due to their large social media followings, so almost no issues.

Is it possible to do a poll? That way you can compare no/minor problems to problems. Yes, it may be skewed due to those who are having too much fun to post, but I think it'd be helpful in the long run.

Last edited:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Though I appreciate all the discussions, I'd also appreciate if we could stay on my thread topic as the OP 👍🙏
I've pruned some of the off topic posts.

OP
Lolub

Lolub

Reaction score
Is it possible to do a poll? That way you can compare no/minor problems to problems. Yes, it may be skewed do to those who are having too much fun to post, but I think it'd be helpful in the long run.
Good idea @Concept24 👍 Now to figure out how to do that... 🤔