Yellow Brakes.....are they really that "lemony"?

JonnyD72

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I REALLY want to like the yellow caliper option but, is it just me, or does the yellow color just seem a bit "off" in most pictures? I can only go off of what I've seen in pictures, so please keep that in mind. I can get past the fact that yellow calipers are usually reserved for cermaic brakes, but I just don't know if I can get past the shade. Maybe it's the center cap that's throwing everything off? The photos below are screen shots from the same video off of YouTube. For those who have seen them in person, what are your thoughts?

Lemony:
Lemony.JPG

Not so lemony (much better shade):
orangey.JPG

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The mustard tone in your picture of the blue car with black wheel is the old pre-production colour. It was changed mid last year to the more lemony colour, which matches the Lotus logo colour more closely.

SteveB

Reaction score
The caliper yellow now matches the wheel centre badge which does look better IMO. However, I just can’t decide between yellow or Black Calipers. I think yellow works well with silver wheels. I’m going for Nimbus with full black pack and black wheels. With black wheels the contrast with yellow calipers is almost too much (too shouty), especially when the car is moving, which I think detracts from the nimbus paint which really shows off the cars curves. Black calipers blend in with the black wheels with just a flash of yellow from the centre badge. Does anyone have a photo in daylight of a Nimbus car with black wheels and yellow calipers? There are plenty with black calipers including the NG car used for Hethel track sessions. Would be interested to have thoughts on this.

Attachments

• 37ED6B5E-D42A-46C6-BEC5-A3085207E3F3 2.jpeg
    37ED6B5E-D42A-46C6-BEC5-A3085207E3F3 2.jpeg
    356.3 KB · Views: 82

emiralust

Reaction score
I’ve got them on my yellow Emira and absolutely love them. I spent a while worrying if I had made the right decision during the delays but now I have the car I wouldn’t change my spec. They match the Lotus badge colour in the wheel centres
173DA7F8-3917-412E-8562-66F11C838EC3.jpeg

Stewart

Reaction score
I have gone nimbus, no black pack, tan interior, black wheels and yellow callipers . I just wanted a touch more flash of colour. This is a screen shot from a video, only one I have seen so far. I’m not a 1,000% convinced by this photo so keen to see more, but it is a long way from bad. Apologies can’t remember whose video so can’t credit them.

Attachments

• 457B493E-3FD6-4164-876F-CA928F09EA63.png
    457B493E-3FD6-4164-876F-CA928F09EA63.png
    293.8 KB · Views: 105

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I’ve got them on my yellow Emira and absolutely love them. I spent a while worrying if I had made the right decision during the delays but now I have the car I wouldn’t change my spec. They match the Lotus badge colour in the wheel centresView attachment 22299
That's too light. I don't like that at all. That may look okay on a different color car, but the contrast with the body yellow is too much.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I have gone nimbus, no black pack, tan interior, black wheels and yellow callipers . I just wanted a touch more flash of colour. This is a screen shot from a video, only one I have seen so far. I’m not a 1,000% convinced by this photo so keen to see more, but it is a long way from bad. Apologies can’t remember whose video so can’t credit them.
That is my spec also. I would prefer the original color but I still think the yellow looks good.

emiralust

Reaction score
That's too light. I don't like that at all. That may look okay on a different color car, but the contrast with the body yellow is too much.
Each to their own :) I don't like the black calipers on black so

emiralust

Reaction score
Yea, don't pay me too much attention. I wanted to get red interior with blue exterior. 🤣
haha If that's what you want go for it!! I think that would have looked good. Maybe I do have bad taste then lol

ino

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Here it is, movie by @Evotion
You can see it from 18:58.

OP
JonnyD72

JonnyD72

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The mustard tone in your picture of the blue car with black wheel is the old pre-production colour. It was changed mid last year to the more lemony colour, which matches the Lotus logo colour more closely.
Thanks. I was wondering why there happened to be more than one shade.....makes sense. The darker is much more appealing to me, but I guess it doesn't matter at this point since it's not an option.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Repainting calipers is straightforward and not expensive, then you can pick any colour. For example these folks do a lot of Lotus, Aston Martin, Ferrari, Porsche etc:

emiralust

Reaction score
FWIW I disagree - Don't overthink it folks and like Tom says it's easy to have them painted.