Three yellow dots visible in boot glass reflection

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi all I picked up a used Emira yesterday and am loving it.

Unfotunely the full manual didn't come with the car so I can't look this up myself.

When driving along if I look through the rear view mirror I see three yellow dots being reflected back at me. Does anyone know what they are for?

I'm not sure if it is an open boot latch indicator, but I've closed the boot and firmly pushed down on it and still they remain. As I've only started the car and driven off a few times I can't say for sure if they are there all the time as well.

Thanks

AndyVX

Reaction score
I sometime see a green LED reflecting in the glass behind the seats, it is from the lights/buttons on the roof above the centre console.

B r I a n

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I just looked n the owners manual and do not see anything about yellow dots. My guess is they are the auto dimming sensors. Not sure if they relate directly to the three dimming settings: “light”, “normal” and “dark”.

OP
B
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I just looked n the owners manual and do not see anything about yellow dots. My guess is they are the auto dimming sensors. Not sure if they relate directly to the three dimming settings: “light”, “normal” and “dark”.
D'oh. Of course. Thanks!

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I sometimes see the tail lights of the car in front of me reflected in the rear glass (between the cabin and engine bay). It's really confusing. Your 3 dots can be something on the dashboard or nav screen?

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
In the UK I don’t think any new Emira comes with a full printed handbook any more but they are easy to download.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
In the UK I don’t think any new Emira comes with a full printed handbook any more but they are easy to download.
Damn, I just emailed the dealer because I didn’t get one. That is really tight to not give out a manual when someone pays Emira money.

OP
B
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
In my (very weak) defence I had pretty much watched every Emira video on YouTube before buying the car and Harry Metcalfe mentioned it in one of his videos about his car that there is a boot warning light that reflects when it isn't shut properly hence the original comment.

Thanks for the download the manual tip above.

Am loving the car now I've spent a bit of time actually driving it more.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
In my (very weak) defence I had pretty much watched every Emira video on YouTube before buying the car and Harry Metcalfe mentioned it in one of his videos about his car that there is a boot warning light that reflects when it isn't shut properly hence the original comment.

Thanks for the download the manual tip above.

Am loving the car now I've spent a bit of time actually driving it more.
Hi Barry
Have you driven everyone mad watching them on YouTube and got to the point you have seen so many you can’t remember which ones are good or bad? 😂
Don’t forget new ones come out every week👍🏻
I think it’s a rubbish excuse by Lotus to say everyone was saying save the manuals so they did. I bet if it was an option for a free printed or download manual 99% would tick printed.
I try to be environmentally minded most of the time and I’m an avid recycler but I’m not that worried about printing a manual or I would be driving a plug in Prius.

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Back to the OP question. Having been driving around a bit in the dark, you can see the green light of the auto interior light button reflected in the rear view mirror as it reflects off the glass. I still think that’s a bit of a bright light but haven’t got around to masking it down to 30% like I did in my previous car yet.
Below that and much dimmer is what looks like three yellow lights which is the reflection of the Passenger Airbag warning message in the overhead console.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Back to the OP question. Having been driving around a bit in the dark, you can see the green light of the auto interior light button reflected in the rear view mirror as it reflects off the glass. I still think that’s a bit of a bright light but haven’t got around to masking it down to 30% like I did in my previous car yet.
Below that and much dimmer is what looks like three yellow lights which is the reflection of the Passenger Airbag warning message in the overhead console.
Hi Pugwash, yes annoying seeing the reflections in the glass. I have already switched the auto interior light switch off to get rid of the green light.

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi Pugwash, yes annoying seeing the reflections in the glass. I have already switched the auto interior light switch off to get rid of the green light.
Me too. It’s a bit distracting/annoying.

How do you mask the lights? That auto light is far too bright.

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Me too. It’s a bit distracting/annoying.

How do you mask the lights? That auto light is far too bright.
I used a tiny square piece of black electrical tape to cover over 50% of the light. Seemed about right to me. At night I turn the main screen off and the dash screen down to minimum on the dimmer.
My Elan just has a switch to turn off all the dashboard illumination - much simpler!

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I used a tiny square piece of black electrical tape to cover over 50% of the light. Seemed about right to me. At night I turn the main screen off and the dash screen down to minimum on the dimmer.
My Elan just has a switch to turn off all the dashboard illumination - much simpler!
It’s a shame the main screen isn’t retractable like some cars.

MaybeNeedEmira

Reaction score
For annoyingly bright lights, something like this has been a good solution.
The one I got cuts the light to less than 50% of the un-filtered brightness.
Screenshot_20240201-101533.png