Three Cheers for TomE!

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Here’s some TomE inspired, direct information provided by the Australian lead dealer -

Hi all,
I hope you don’t mind me posting an official comment from Lotus Cars Australia (LCA) in this group. I thought it might help if you hear from the in country source as to what is happening regarding Emira First Edition V6 order timelines and specification variations.

Paint and trim samples are anticipated to arrive in country early November so nobody is expected to make a binding decision on paint or trim by the end of October. LCA have advised all dealers that customers can vary their specification in the areas of paint, trim choice, steering wheel, extended black pack, privacy glass, homelink and scorpion tracker up until 14th January 2022.

At the time of placing an order, customers are required to confirm their transmission, wheel, caliper and chassis choice. Lotus UK have advised LCA that the components for these elements have an extended lead time which is only being exacerbated by the Covid induced global supply chain delays.

AU customers are being asked to commit their intent to purchase by end October so LCA can allocate build slot numbers in accordance with the deposit sequence dates, and get the orders across to Lotus UK in early November to secure the AU allocation of First Edition V6 cars. Securing the allocation includes confirming the mix of transmission, chassis and caliper options.

AU dealers have been responding as best they can in the absence of firm information around arrival dates of the paint/trim samples and the options to vary specification, both if which were only confirmed to LCA this week. I know that next week will be a busy week for dealers reaching out to customers. They will be in touch so don't be alarmed if you've not been contacted to date.

Thanks

Lotus Cars Australia

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
❤️
Thanks @TXEMIRA for the kind words and everyone else for your feedback. These plastic cars do get under your skin and there's a fine line between enthusiast and fanboy. I hope I manage to stay on the right side of that.

It's great to be able to help you all making your decisions about joining the Lotus family. It would be great if Lotus was more on the ball with information. But in some ways this is part of what makes Lotus what it is. Someone said recently it was like buying a car from your mate Dave, who'd built it in his shed. And that's how it all started, back when Colin Chapman first started designing and building these cars.

There is a strong sense of family and community around Lotus. You might have seen the pictures yesterday of Elisa Artioli at the Hethel factory. The Elise was named after her and touring the factory she met people who worked on the launch of that car 25 years ago and still work at Lotus. As well as the brilliant and sometimes quirky cars, the community of Lotus staff and owners is a big part of why I own a Lotus.

22 years ago I bought my first Lotus from Scott Walker, then the head of sales at Bell & Colvill, the oldest Lotus dealer in the UK. Scott is a huge Lotus enthusiast. He's now UK head of sales and has just finished restoring his beautiful Esprit S1. A few years ago he made this video, around the time of the Evora launch and while he was an independent Lotus dealer. This was filmed in the countryside around me. If you're new to Lotus this may help you appreciate why we enjoy these cars:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Well said ! Hope to join one of the Lotus weekend meets he and others go to once my Emira has arrived 👍
You're very welcome to come to our meets without a Lotus - all enthusiasts and soon-to-be owners encouraged too. The one I organise is every third Sunday of the month at Newlands Corner near Guildford from 9-11am for coffee, chat and the best bacon rolls in Surrey! It's the same format every month (it's been running for 10+ years now) but details are also published on TheLotusForums and SELOC.

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
You're very welcome to come to our meets without a Lotus - all enthusiasts and soon-to-be owners encouraged too. The one I organise is every third Sunday of the month at Newlands Corner near Guildford from 9-11am for coffee, chat and the best bacon rolls in Surrey! It's the same format every month (it's been running for 10+ years now) but details are also published on TheLotusForums and SELOC.
Thanks Tom and very kind. B&C have 2 Evoras in so I’m going to have a look at the manual and IPS to let me make a final decision on transmission. As long as I don’t get too much abuse if I turn up in an RS5 I’d love to come along! I’m in bromley so not too far away.

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
❤️
Thanks @TXEMIRA for the kind words and everyone else for your feedback. These plastic cars do get under your skin and there's a fine line between enthusiast and fanboy. I hope I manage to stay on the right side of that.

It's great to be able to help you all making your decisions about joining the Lotus family. It would be great if Lotus was more on the ball with information. But in some ways this is part of what makes Lotus what it is. Someone said recently it was like buying a car from your mate Dave, who'd built it in his shed. And that's how it all started, back when Colin Chapman first started designing and building these cars.

There is a strong sense of family and community around Lotus. You might have seen the pictures yesterday of Elisa Artioli at the Hethel factory. The Elise was named after her and touring the factory she met people who worked on the launch of that car 25 years ago and still work at Lotus. As well as the brilliant and sometimes quirky cars, the community of Lotus staff and owners is a big part of why I own a Lotus.

22 years ago I bought my first Lotus from Scott Walker, then the head of sales at Bell & Colvill, the oldest Lotus dealer in the UK. Scott is a huge Lotus enthusiast. He's now UK head of sales and has just finished restoring his beautiful Esprit S1. A few years ago he made this video, around the time of the Evora launch and while he was an independent Lotus dealer. This was filmed in the countryside around me. If you're new to Lotus this may help you appreciate why we enjoy these cars:

Great roads, Tom! And beautiful scenery too. Would love to take an Emira for a spin around there one day.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks Tom and very kind. B&C have 2 Evoras in so I’m going to have a look at the manual and IPS to let me make a final decision on transmission. As long as I don’t get too much abuse if I turn up in an RS5 I’d love to come along! I’m in bromley so not too far away.
You’re very welcome. We’re all car enthusiasts! We try to park the Lotus cars together so if you can avoid that line up it helps. But it’s a public car park and we often have random other cars mixed in.

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
You’re very welcome. We’re all car enthusiasts! We try to park the Lotus cars together so if you can avoid that line up it helps. But it’s a public car park and we often have random other cars mixed in.
Absolutely will park it round the corner. 😂

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Absolutely, and we’ll said. Tom, we are all grateful for your insights and perspective. I think we all agree…magnificent car, some stumbles with roll out but good intentions, excitement for what’s to come. Thanks so much for your contributions.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
What's the best LOTUS forum for regional meets Tom?
Looks like you’re Derbyshire, so MLOC (Midlands Lotus Owners Club) is probably your best bet https://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/forum/

MLOC organise a big annual gathering “Lotus in the Peaks” which usually has 150-200 cars participating.

TheLotusForums has regional sections and it varies a bit region to region how busy they are.

These are both free to join.

Lotus Drivers Club organise some great trips and meets all over the country. They also publish a glossy magazine. There’s an annual membership fee.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Looks like you’re Derbyshire, so MLOC (Midlands Lotus Owners Club) is probably your best bet https://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/forum/

MLOC organise a big annual gathering “Lotus in the Peaks” which usually has 150-200 cars participating.

TheLotusForums has regional sections and it varies a bit region to region how busy they are.

These are both free to join.

Lotus Drivers Club organise some great trips and meets all over the country. They also publish a glossy magazine. There’s an annual membership fee.
Great info! Thank you very much 😊 Will check it out