Three Cheers for TomE!

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thanks Tom and very kind. B&C have 2 Evoras in so I’m going to have a look at the manual and IPS to let me make a final decision on transmission. As long as I don’t get too much abuse if I turn up in an RS5 I’d love to come along! I’m in bromley so not too far away.
Are b and c happy for us to try there evora auto , just so we can decide on transmission for emira ?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Are b and c happy for us to try there evora auto , just so we can decide on transmission for emira ?
I know others have already done this. I’m sure Jamie will be happy to help out. Be careful, he might persuade you to buy an Evora or Exige as an interim until you get your Emira :)

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I know others have already done this. I’m sure Jamie will be happy to help out. Be careful, he might persuade you to buy an Evora or Exige as an interim until you get your Emira :)
Hahaha well I’m easily persuaded so if he does a good job I may drive one home as I don’t have a toy car at the moment so we shall see .
Is Jamie the one to talk to ?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes, Jamie Matthews is sales manager at B&C and super-helpful.

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Sound mate thank you . I need to drive an auto to clear up all the hear say !!
Let me know if you do and beat me to it as it’s my preferred transmission with modern day driving/congestion but the purist in me says it should be a manual box. I should be testing the Evoras on the 29th October

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Let me know if you do and beat me to it as it’s my preferred transmission with modern day driving/congestion but the purist in me says it should be a manual box. I should be testing the Evoras on the 29th October
Ps I’ve been dealing with Antonia Bowyer who’s been excellent

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Ps I’ve been dealing with Antonia Bowyer who’s been excellent
Spot on! Ile give them a call tomoz or Monday . You may beat me to it if you do please let that auto box have it and let me know how you get on.
I’m auto all the way , as cool as manual is , I will be daily driving ya emira for around 15k miles a year so auto is the one for me 👌🏽 Keep me posted please

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
❤️
Thanks @TXEMIRA for the kind words and everyone else for your feedback. These plastic cars do get under your skin and there's a fine line between enthusiast and fanboy. I hope I manage to stay on the right side of that.

It's great to be able to help you all making your decisions about joining the Lotus family. It would be great if Lotus was more on the ball with information. But in some ways this is part of what makes Lotus what it is. Someone said recently it was like buying a car from your mate Dave, who'd built it in his shed. And that's how it all started, back when Colin Chapman first started designing and building these cars.

There is a strong sense of family and community around Lotus. You might have seen the pictures yesterday of Elisa Artioli at the Hethel factory. The Elise was named after her and touring the factory she met people who worked on the launch of that car 25 years ago and still work at Lotus. As well as the brilliant and sometimes quirky cars, the community of Lotus staff and owners is a big part of why I own a Lotus.

22 years ago I bought my first Lotus from Scott Walker, then the head of sales at Bell & Colvill, the oldest Lotus dealer in the UK. Scott is a huge Lotus enthusiast. He's now UK head of sales and has just finished restoring his beautiful Esprit S1. A few years ago he made this video, around the time of the Evora launch and while he was an independent Lotus dealer. This was filmed in the countryside around me. If you're new to Lotus this may help you appreciate why we enjoy these cars:

I spoke to Scott Walker on the roadshow, nice guy, clearly passionate, gave me his card in case I had any further questions.

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Spot on! Ile give them a call tomoz or Monday . You may beat me to it if you do please let that auto box have it and let me know how you get on.
I’m auto all the way , as cool as manual is , I will be daily driving ya emira for around 15k miles a year so auto is the one for me 👌🏽 Keep me posted please
Will do !

Lotushavefun

Reaction score
TomE huh? amiright?

Just an incredible source of information and a selfless contributor to our Lotus desires of the future!

Three Cheers for TomE!
Thank you @TomE!
I agree! Thanks @TomE for all that you bring to this Forum. Not gonna lie, with all the knowledge you have on Lotus, I thought you worked for Lotus! 😆 You Rock @TomE !👍👊🙌

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I agree! Thanks @TomE for all that you bring to this Forum. Not gonna lie, with all the knowledge you have on Lotus, I thought you worked for Lotus! 😆 You Rock @TomE !👍👊🙌
Thanks, that is a huge compliment and means a lot! I’ve had this in a much more negative tone over on one of the Facebook groups :(

If you join one of the longer-established Lotus forums you’ll find there’s an air of everyone helping each other. Plenty of input on where to get obscure parts for older cars and what that strange ECU error code means. As well as a genuine shared enjoyment of the cars, with very little posturing (though with a healthy dose of banter!).

Some of us get a bit obsessed with these cars ;)

I’ve not had a call from Lotus yet, but maybe when I retire I’ll find something related to keep me busy … probably organising driving events and running a niche petrol supply business once everyone’s converted to electric :)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Good man Tom put me down for a road trip and some petrol if I pay a deposit now do I get the price locked in till you can supply it.😀
Well I work with energy and commodity traders, so I can maybe do you a good deal on a long-dated futures contract….

But like roulette, the house usually ends up in profit :)

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Thanks, that is a huge compliment and means a lot! I’ve had this in a much more negative tone over on one of the Facebook groups :(

If you join one of the longer-established Lotus forums you’ll find there’s an air of everyone helping each other. Plenty of input on where to get obscure parts for older cars and what that strange ECU error code means. As well as a genuine shared enjoyment of the cars, with very little posturing (though with a healthy dose of banter!).

Some of us get a bit obsessed with these cars ;)

I’ve not had a call from Lotus yet, but maybe when I retire I’ll find something related to keep me busy … probably organising driving events and running a niche petrol supply business once everyone’s converted to electric :)
Some groups are just plain toxic - thankfully this is not one of them! Like you say Tom, good banter, etc.