Three Cheers for TomE!

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I chatted with him a few weeks ago and yes... he's taking a well-deserved rest for a while. I think he'll be back once Lotus releases more public info and things in the community settle down.

To be honest, we did lean on him pretty hard as our one reliable human feedback lifeline to Lotus. I do wish they hadn't put him in that unfortunate position by continually failing to meaningfully communicate with their customers about product details and development progress. Tom's level of enthusiastic engagement made perfect sense in a world where Lotus were going to eventually make good on their winks-and-promises, but as time dragged on, he ended up being squarely in the crossfire of customer angst. He definitely didn't sign up for that and certainly didn't deserve it... the guy is just a waiting customer with a deposit on a car like the rest of us.

Three cheers for @TomE and many, many thanks to him for all his enthusiasm and hard work on behalf of this community. I hope he chooses to re-engage with us at some point. He's a good'un.
You are right. I am almost entirely certain that someone from Lotus browses these forums. They kind of threw Tom under the bus a little bit. They knew what we were asking, and also what they had promised. They didn't deliver and left Tom to fend for himself. Tom was nice enough to keep going up to bat for us and bringing up our issues to them, and they could have helped him out by providing us with some sort of information.

Last edited:

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I sent a direct email to TomE, and he replied back saying that he was able to get an early #1 deposit in line on the list for a Porsche Caymen GT4 RS with one of the largest dealers who has confirmed allocation, and decided to cancel his Emira order.

He states that he wishes everyone here the best and you can find him on the Porsche forum.

Rya

Reaction score
I sent a direct email to TomE, and he replied back saying that he was able to get an early #1 deposit in line on the list for a Porsche Caymen GT4 RS with one of the largest dealers who has confirmed allocation, and decided to cancel his Emira order.

He states that he wishes everyone here the best and you can find him on the Porsche forum.
I find that very strange that he would jump ship now. Especially after all the work he has put in.

Corkdsp

Reaction score
A very close source told me that TomE was shut down by Lotus directly with a cease and desist letter. He was a direct threat to the marketing departments carefully crafted strategy of limited, incomplete and conflicting information.

Last edited:
OP
TXEMIRA

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
OK fine. Let’s vote.

A. Tom works for Lotus and always has.

B. Tom is a bot. AI, built by Lotus.

C. Tom is just relaxing for a bit.

D. Tom is Matt Windle - they’re the same person.

#ForTheConspiracy

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Please add option

E. TomE has recently been hired by the Lotus Marketing Department never to be heard from again
Spot on. He’s on garden leave pending starting his new role as Head of Marketing and Comms. Arise Sir Tom. Shame we’ve lost his input but the threads and tone of some messages took a turn for the worse. Still love the pedant line he used . Look forward to meeting you Tom

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
F. Tom is having a well earned break as he got fed up repeatedly answering the same questions over and over again because some people seem to struggle to be able to a) read existing posts and b) search for answers already posted multiple times..........

Den

Emira Fan
Reaction score
1648151992172.jpeg

I spy 🕵️‍♀️