• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Anyone got an Emira with zero issues?!

Poll: anyone got an Emira with no issues?

• Yes!

Votes: 41 48.8%
  • No!

Votes: 31 36.9%
  • I'm not sure if it's an issue yet

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Some minor that come and go, varies

Votes: 9 10.7%

• Total voters

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Question................ Has ANYONE, EVER in their LIFETIME, ever had any car from ANY brand with ZERO issues ???????

This is why the OP will never get the reply they are hoping for !!

No such thing exists...... Impossible

• Haha
Reactions: ino

Concept24

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Question................ Has ANYONE, EVER in their LIFETIME, ever had any car from ANY brand with ZERO issues ???????

Well, actually yes, I have - a 2006 Lexus and a 2014 Mazda, neither of which had any failures that were not 5 year old batteries . My other Mazda, 2008 MX5 had a failed thermostat in its 15 year life.

OP
Lolub

Lolub

Reaction score

Interesting, such a broad generalization / projection from your own experience

Myself, I've owned multiple Corollas and have one and an S2000. None of them have had issues. So maybe it depends on the brand?

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Myself, I've owned multiple Corollas and have one and an S2000. None of them have had issues. So maybe it depends on the brand?
Or maybe clarify sports car vs grocery getter. I have never had a sports car without issues. I have grocery getters with small problems. Cars being driven hard and running higher rpm probably going to have more issues. Just my take on question.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
He is talking within the first 2,000 miles (I am guessing). Anyone having zero problems in the first 2k miles? After 10k miles or more, sure, things can happen in any sports car.

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Wow, @Jimblob , that was unexpected 🤔 Sounds like it depends on the day that you're responding to the thread 😳
I’m not sure if you’re saying the car is temperamental or that my responses are 🤔🤣

Either way, the car is driving beautifully and I’m a happy customer. I’ve had some fairly minor glitches but nothing serious / unresolvable.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

A volume mass produced world car like the Corolla has likely had more development expenditure on a single model type than Lotus spent on the entire engineering and development of all of their cars collectively since the 1980s. The full development team for a Corolla model is likely more than 1,000 staff, and that doesn't include manufacturing.

Sid

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'd love to hear from anyone who has an Emira with zero issues, from day one until now... And I mean zero on everything as it exists now (other than the issue of water falling into the engine from the hatch), not things you wish could've been done differently. I personally don't consider poor sound quality from KEF an issue, as that could be subjective. I'm thinking more mechanical, electrical, software, assembly, stitching,, etc.

Also, I personally think Shmee's and Harry's cars got special top-to-bottom inspections and quality control treatment due to their large social media followings, so almost no issues.
I've had my car for 2 weeks and done nearly 800 miles without a single issue. (still got silver wheel bolts, but not an issue). I love the car and so does everyone else that sees it, happy motoring and fingers crossed they've got rid of most of the gremlins. Mine was UK car 100.

Wonza

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Well, actually yes, I have - a 2006 Lexus and a 2014 Mazda, neither of which had any failures that were not 5 year old batteries . My other Mazda, 2008 MX5 had a failed thermostat in its 15 year life.
Me too. Zero issues with most of the Japanese cars I’ve had.

Last edited by a moderator:

4380r

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Or maybe clarify sports car vs grocery getter. I have never had a sports car without issues. I have grocery getters with small problems. Cars being driven hard and running higher rpm probably going to have more issues. Just my take on question.
Had a Chrysler Crossfire with zero issues. Had a Solstice Coupe (rarer than Exiges) zero problems. Come to think of it, bought 2 Elises and an Exige new with zero problems.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Yes, a Mazda I still daily drive with 170k on the clock. Stock clutch, never leaks(ed) anything. It just keep going. Been back for a wiper recal that didnt even effect my car but they were changing every single one that the dealer sold (this was 3 years later). Bought it brand new with 7 miles on it. Literally zero issues. I DO consider myself EXTREMELY lucky, as this has not been the case with my other cars.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

The majority of the cars that I have owned over my lifetime I have not had ANY issues plenty of cars from BMW, Audi, Honda but I only keep my cars between 3 months to 3 years. Having an issue on a new car is deffo something I have not experienced.

OP
Lolub

Lolub

Reaction score
I've had my car for 2 weeks and done nearly 800 miles without a single issue. (still got silver wheel bolts, but not an issue). I love the car and so does everyone else that sees it, happy motoring and fingers crossed they've got rid of most of the gremlins. Mine was UK car 100.
Wonderful to hear, @Sid !! 🕺👏 So happy for you and best news ever!! 😃

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The majority of the cars that I have owned over my lifetime I have not had ANY issues plenty of cars from BMW, Audi, Honda but I only keep my cars between 3 months to 3 years. Having an issue on a new car is deffo something I have not experienced.
This is a bit like owning a house and never once needing to repair anything. Nice that you have had that experience, but it's certainly not a normal outcome, nor is it a reasonable expectation.

Wonza

Emira Fan
Reaction score
ok, has anyone ever had a British car that has had zero issues? Japanese ones don't count :LOL:

I'll spare you my JLR horror stories (multiple vehicles)
My sons Ford Fiesta eco boost is one of the best drivers cars in my opinion and fast too for a 1 litre. Never had a problem apart from the usual serviceable items.

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
ok, has anyone ever had a British car that has had zero issues? Japanese ones don't count :LOL:

I'll spare you my JLR horror stories (multiple vehicles)

Last generation vantage. Problems were all wear and tear bar a paint problem on one door fixed under extended warranty 3 years into ownership