• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira with NO issues?

tomlinsonsimon

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi there, I’m very interested to hear from owners over 1000km, who have started some spirited driving and enjoying NO issues. Speak to me! If that’s not the case - what’s happening?

David s

Reaction score
Hi there, I’m very interested to hear from owners over 1000km, who have started some spirited driving and enjoying NO issues. Speak to me! If that’s not the case - what’s happening?
3000 miles.....no problems at all. Just lots of smiles. Here down under we have been driving these carsfor atleast 7 months and all Iv`e spoke to have had the same experience.

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Around 2500km over 5 months on an I4 Emira. No problems for me. My Emira doesn’t go out in the rain and I take care with washing, to avoid water getting into places that might cause a problem.

Citizen

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
12000km pure happiness no issues

Go Kart

… has a HUGE member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
As owners we should not be expected to avoid rain at all costs or be extra careful when washing our cars. It will be driven outdoors… and may be parked outdoors on occasion. I’ve never had these requirements with any other car manufacturer.

1714487476572.gif

Chobfreak

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I haven't had any issues that would have stopped me from driving the car (so far). I actually did a trip through Italy and back without problems, I think my car has around 5000-6000 kms on the clock. It gets washed all the time...

ttvetdoc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
View attachment 42279

Are you washing the car with something other than hypoallergenic baby wipes, and is the last four of your VIN in the high 1000s or into the 2000s?
The last four of my VIN is just over 1200.

I'm big into dealing so I've been using a foam sprayer attached to a pressure washer. Pre-wash foam, rinse, foam again, contact wash, rinse with pressure washer

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
800kms and no issues here.

(Well, just a very brief tyre pressure sensor glitch, and a new message and yellow triangle to say my service is due.)

Washed three times with a foam cannon and pressure sprayer. The only difficulty was trying to dry the brake discs — no matter what I do, they still get crusty and the pads stick to them. Makes starting a few days later a crunchy experience.

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Around 4000 miles. I live in NW England, where it’s either raining , or about to rain. Car lives outside until I kick the Elise out of the garage. No issues, apart from faceache from grinning. And I wash it because it gets dirty around here.

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Around 2500km over 5 months on an I4 Emira. No problems for me. My Emira doesn’t go out in the rain and I take care with washing, to avoid water getting into places that might cause a problem.
When I say I take care with washing, I avoid spraying high pressure water into the air inlets, it gets washed when needed. This is advice I was given by my Lotus dealership and is no great hardship.

Blackthought_

Emira Fan
Reaction score
When I say I take care with washing, I avoid spraying high pressure water into the air inlets, it gets washed when needed. This is advice I was given by my Lotus dealership and is no great hardship.
But what about when driving in the rain or the car is outside?

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
But what about when driving in the rain or the car is outside?
like I said, my car is stored inside (all parking is underground in my complex), and I avoid driving my fun car in the rain. Others can advise their experiences.