Who has actually had issues with the Emira?

Who has had issues with their Emira?

• Total voters

Blackthought_

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I know most forums we typically see those owners that have had terrible luck with their car and those that have amazing experiences but the large majority of owners I think are somewhere in the middle.

I see on this forum many owners have shared their negative experiences with owning an Emira, but what about those owners who have had no or minimal issues? let’s hear how things are going with your purchase.

And this is of course for those who are lucky enough to own the dang thing !

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Next month one year owner and 9k km, and only one visit to the dealer for the first 1500km check

Free bugs or issues 🤞

OP
B

Blackthought_

Emira Fan
Reaction score
so after 24 votes, looks like about 70% of folks have had no or minor issues with their car. Feel free to comment the things that have gone wrong and what the fix has been

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just the water ingress/HVAC fan module replacement for me....

nimbusblack

Reaction score
new fuel level sensor (car never displayed more than 80 miles despite dealer filling the car), water ingress a/c issue, sos sensor error. All sorted now with a couple of dealer visits for parts and software updates.

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
1yr in, 11 trips to the dealer (mostly minor stuff tbf), 6mths since the software update broke my car (start issue) and I'm currently refusing to pay for 1yr service whilst it's still broken. My patience has run out.

OP
B

Blackthought_

Emira Fan
Reaction score
1yr in, 11 trips to the dealer (mostly minor stuff tbf), 6mths since the software update broke my car (start issue) and I'm currently refusing to pay for 1yr service whilst it's still broken. My patience has run out.
Dang! I’m sorry to hear that. Hopefully they can get you sorted out. Be sure to cast your vote so we can see what the numbers look like

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
11 trips! Jesus. I'd be furious.

OP
B

Blackthought_

Emira Fan
Reaction score
11 trips! Jesus. I'd be furious.
So chatting with other lotus owners over the year many owners have little niggles that are annoying but they won’t go out of their way to go to the dealer just for that specific issue and what they do if they wait until 2 or 3 other things pop up and then they go to the dealer. Saves them a bunch of trips haha

Martylemoo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
All of the relevant recalls were done on mine at first service, unfortunately with the new update at the time this introduced the non starting and SOS issues.
I have also had an Airbag light issue after repositioning the drivers seat.
The car is back at the dealer today for the software update, airbag light issue and the power steering recall.
I was one of those that saved up all of the issues so they could be done at once.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
There was an almost identical post to this created almost a year ago on here...

Last edited:

Andrew P

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I had the same issue with the Summer 2023 update but the Jan 2024 one has fixed it - which has yours had?

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Is it just me or are MOST issues due to water exposure?...

Makes me want to avoid driving in the rain or washing the car - which is ridiculous.

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Is it just me or are MOST issues due to water exposure?...

Makes me want to avoid driving in the rain or washing the car - which is ridiculous.

Due to sand and dusty weather here in dubai i wash it almost every week and I don’t have any problem , don’t worry 😅

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I had the same issue with the Summer 2023 update but the Jan 2024 one has fixed it - which has yours had?
Summer update, for some reason they've not offered me the new update? Maybe there's a process to go through as I've raised an official complaint 🤷🏻

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Had my April 2023 car PPFd (https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/dark-verdant-lotus-emira-photo-thread.1248/page-21#post-120864) and as they were doing it they noticed that the doors had both started to bubble.

Thankfully they took a few photos before continuing to add the PPF so took a trip to the dealer to start the process of hopefully getting it sorted under warranty.

Would be interested to know from anyone else with a PPFd car who has had the bubbling sorted under warranty if Lotus paid for / reapplied PPF as part of the fix to the affected panels.

Thanks

RO62GER

Reaction score
I had a leaking power steering pump quite early on, less than 2 months old. I have bubbling paint on the passenger door which will be repaired next week when the car goes in for its first service. And loose interior trim. It could be worse and overall, I'm very happy with the car.

Monza

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I had a leaking power steering pump quite early on, less than 2 months old. I have bubbling paint on the passenger door which will be repaired next week when the car goes in for its first service. And loose interior trim. It could be worse and overall, I'm very happy with the car.
My Emira was delivered on 30th January 2023 with the engine mode switch not working (fixed by Dealer) and the Scorpion tracker not working (fixed by Scorpion). So much for the PDI !
This was followed by sticking front brake pads, then the A/C stopped working both fixed by dealer.
Then the mass of warning lights - air bag, seat belt, traction control, cruise control, parking sensors, parking brake release all not working. Sorted by software upgrade.
Plus of course the recalls on the wiper motor and air bag trim.

None of these have stopped me enjoying the car and my dealer, Bell&Colvill can't be praised enough in getting all the issues sorted. Just had first service at just over 2000 miles.

Happy owner :)(y)