Has anyone fitted the JUBU Carbon engine lid?

TurboTambo

Reaction score
G'day all.

Has anyone fitted the JUBU Carbon engine lid to their Emira (V6 or i4)? If so does it increase engine noise?

I'm hoping that fitting this and removing the engine cover on the i4 will increase engine and turbo noise into the car. Also, thinking it may help aid engine cooling, allowing more hot air to escape.

Thoughts?

Cheers

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
G'day all.

Has anyone fitted the JUBU Carbon engine lid to their Emira (V6 or i4)? If so does it increase engine noise?

I'm hoping that fitting this and removing the engine cover on the i4 will increase engine and turbo noise into the car. Also, thinking it may help aid engine cooling, allowing more hot air to escape.

Thoughts?

Cheers
I suspect that the i4 engine cover could actually be an integral part of the cooling - in that it directs airflow from the large engine bay fan on the front engine bay bulkhead across the top of the engine and turbo.....?

Last edited:
OP
T

TurboTambo

Reaction score
I suspect that the i4 engine cover could actually be an integral part of the cooling - in that it directs airflow from the large engine bay ban on the front engine bay bulkhead across the top of the engine and turbo.....?
This makes sense. Maybe that horrible plastic cover needs to stay. I'm still thinking the Jubu engine lid would be a good upgrade, other than making it even harder to see what's behind the car.

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Removing the little glass window behind the seats should give you more engine and turbo sound. I wish the window could be rolled down.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts