Emira Issues - from final production cars

Wonza

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Unfortunately it seems the dealer is not up to the task, personally I would advise to talk to CS so they could forward the warranty claim to a different dealer. Cars have been in serious crashes and have been restored to a state better than the original and they can’t align a door of a new car ? That’s non sense.
It’s an absolute pi**take. After I complained about the door gaping, the service manager took me around the back and showed me several new Emira’s and pointed out that the gaping on the passenger and driver side is different and this is normally how they come out of the factory 😩😂😂. I told him this doesn’t make it right though even though they are hand assembled. They need to goto spec savers.

981KMAN

Emira Fan
Reaction score
For the Paint Blistering/Bubbling issues, can we collect some stats on when (Date) these cars were manufactured?

The issues seems to be with the Body Panel Manufacturer, and it would be nice to see they have corrected their process after some "Date".....

Edit: POLL Thread Started Here

Last edited:

PaulMc

Reaction score
I'm guessing Lotus are working hard to iron out early teething problems It would be interesting to find out at what point on the production run these faults have been identified and rectified. Are there any improvments with later cars? We see this with major manufacturers especially when they release a totally new model.

NigeT

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Noticed that on my Emira the ambient light inside the door release handle (nearside only) remains on while driving. It does go out when the engine is not running, so at least not draining the battery while parked, etc. The door open/close dash indicator display is working fine. The local dealer is looking into it and is going to check with Lotus as this looks like a new fault they’ve not seen. Picked up my Emira (V6 Auto) end of June and so far only covered close to 600 miles, this is the only fault so far, so consider myself lucky!!
Just an update on this issue - It turned out to be a faulty passenger door control module which has now been replaced. Credit to Lotus for fast part delivery to my local dealer & to my dealer for quick diagnosis and resolution. I dare to write this but so far the only fault I've found 🤞

Shahaf2911

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Well I got a new issue which I don’t think I’ve seen before that happen once 30 minutes ago, I turned off the car at a petrol station and when I tried turning it on nothing happened, tried locking/unlocking but no response, tried the hazard lights but again no response, so I opened the trunk manually and by the time I looked at the battery the screen decided for some odd reason to start working again… didn’t do anything, has it ever happen to someone ? I’m on my way to a 3 trip with my cars hope it’s nothing serious! (And stalling on startup became a daily thing on first startup of the day), haven’t done any software updates since delivery at November 22.

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Well I got a new issue which I don’t think I’ve seen before that happen once 30 minutes ago, I turned off the car at a petrol station and when I tried turning it on nothing happened, tried locking/unlocking but no response, tried the hazard lights but again no response, so I opened the trunk manually and by the time I looked at the battery the screen decided for some odd reason to start working again… didn’t do anything, has it ever happen to someone ? I’m on my way to a 3 trip with my cars hope it’s nothing serious! (And stalling on startup became a daily thing on first startup of the day), haven’t done any software updates since delivery at November 22.
Maybe a loose ground? Might check battery health as well but doesn’t sound like anything we had here before iirc

Shahaf2911

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Maybe a loose ground? Might check battery health as well but doesn’t sound like anything we had here before iirc
I’ll try look inside the engine bay, I remember an owner had a DIY fix the road assistance did for him so I’ll try and look in his post, thanks! So far didn’t happen again

Shahaf2911

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I think I might know the cause to the issue with the battery but I don’t really know if that was it and it’s more of a speculation.
A few hours before it occurred I washed the car at a self wash station and left the wet drying towels in the boot, maybe the condensation that was created by the heat of the engine bay and the wet towels did it ?
That’s the only guess I could come up with as before the screen lit up I rubbed the ground on the battery a few times trying to think how I’d disconnect it to reset the computer and the boot was open for 2 3 minutes total than the screen popped back up.
Either way I moved the towels back in the car on the shelf, something I would advise others to do just in case! Might be the problem might not but who knows.

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think I might know the cause to the issue with the battery but I don’t really know if that was it and it’s more of a speculation.
A few hours before it occurred I washed the car at a self wash station and left the wet drying towels in the boot, maybe the condensation that was created by the heat of the engine bay and the wet towels did it ?
That’s the only guess I could come up with as before the screen lit up I rubbed the ground on the battery a few times trying to think how I’d disconnect it to reset the computer and the boot was open for 2 3 minutes total than the screen popped back up.
Either way I moved the towels back in the car on the shelf, something I would advise others to do just in case! Might be the problem might not but who knows.
You’re probably another one with a ECU damaged by water intrusion. Water leaks from the rear hatch left side directly onto the ECU and causes all sorts of issues. Tons of brand new china i4s reporting this, myself (V6) and a few others (albeit not confirmed).
Lotus needs to handle this asap, but since we know how they work buckle in for a wild ride. Ask your dealer to temporarily watertight your ecu by wrapping it somehow, thats how we "fixed" mine for now

Last edited:

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Dropped my car off this morning for the airbag/wiper/seat belt recall work and the service manager said they were dealing with a lot less warranty work than earlier in the year. Hopefully an encouraging sign that Lotus is getting on top of the quality issues. I suspect Geely will be applying heavy pressure in this regard. Having to fix faults under warranty will make a sizeable dent in profits as well as tarnishing the brand for all those future EV sales.

Shahaf2911

Emira Fan
Reaction score
You’re probably another one with a ECU damaged by water intrusion. Water leaks from the rear hatch left side directly onto the ECU and causes all sorts of issues. Tons of brand new china i4s reporting this, myself (V6) and a few others (albeit not confirmed).
Lotus needs to handling this asap, but since we know how they work buckle in for a wild ride. Ask your dealer to temporarily watertight your ecu by wrapping it somehow, thats how we "fixed" mine for now
Yeah an engine light just popped up out of no where while driving , I’m 200 km from home which is an issue and I don’t have an OBD on me, the car drives normally by any means idk what to do.. I think I’ll just drive home and ask them to pick the car up tomorrow from my home as I leave tomorrow afternoon and don’t have the time to drive there what do you or any other experienced owners think ?

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yeah an engine light just popped up out of no where while driving , I’m 200 km from home which is an issue and I don’t have an OBD on me, the car drives normally by any means idk what to do.. I think I’ll just drive home and ask them to pick the car up tomorrow from my home as I leave tomorrow afternoon and don’t have the time to drive there what do you or any other experienced owners think ?
Can Lotus roadside assistance help?

Shahaf2911

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Can Lotus roadside assistance help?
I don’t quite speak Italian so its an issue, most Italians unfortunately don’t speak English (at the dealer and service only the receptionist and a sales person don’t for example, no English speaking mechanics.. at least that I’m aware of)
Update (edit): after a drive have home (2h) + a stop for dinner for an hour and a half when I came back the light was gone :) won’t trouble with going to the dealer probably will wait for the service in 2months.

Last edited:

Medic518

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Attachments

• offandon.jpg
    offandon.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 28

danmessy

Reaction score
I’m getting “Key Not in Car” quite often. Sometimes I have to exit and re-enter and then try find the best spot in the cabin to get it to pick up the key.

Got my Emira in May, the key battery should not be anywhere near flat.

Anyone else getting this?
Yes, me! But for only one of my keys. I guess battery? Sometimes takes two presses to lock / unlock.

I was attempting to change battery per use manual to see if that fixes it, though the plastic is so flimsy at the pop point I felt it was going to snap/crack so I'm using my "spare" key.

Did you get a solution to this or were you able to try a second key / new battery?

Hapkin

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Lotus needs to handle this asap, but since we know how they work buckle in for a wild ride. Ask your dealer to temporarily watertight your ecu by wrapping it somehow, thats how we "fixed" mine for now
When I went to Hethel about 2 years ago, there were a ton of Emiras parked out side in the factory parking lot getting rained on. I bet you are right about repetitive water ingress leaking in and damaging ECU, maybe small shorts in the wiring loom etc. I bet the quality of these products are second rate because in theory they should all be sealed to the elements.

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
When I went to Hethel about 2 years ago, there were a ton of Emiras parked out side in the factory parking lot getting rained on. I bet you are right about repetitive water ingress leaking in and damaging ECU, maybe small shorts in the wiring loom etc. I bet the quality of these products are second rate because in theory they should all be sealed to the elements.
2 years ago? October 2021? I don't think production of customer cars had even started then.