• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira Issues - from final production cars

Ozmira

Reaction score
Maybe not a fault specifically, but does anyone else get a loud-ish “pop, bang” sound come from the cabin when unlocking and opening the door? It almost sounds like a speaker pop, or boot latch or something but it is wierd. And constant drop outs on android auto, “wireless connection lost”

Blacksheep

Reaction score
Maybe not a fault specifically, but does anyone else get a loud-ish “pop, bang” sound come from the cabin when unlocking and opening the door? It almost sounds like a speaker pop, or boot latch or something but it is wierd. And constant drop outs on android auto, “wireless connection lost”
Yes to the pop; in the bodywork behind the driver's seat. The dealer and I concluded that this is the subwoofer powering up.

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I get that too - doesn't always happen, and doesn't if you unlock the car and wait a few moments before opening the door...

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes, definitely subwoofer. Happens when you unlock and open doors quickly after

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Happy Halloween !

In case of emergency; don't leave home with out it.
Screenshot_20231013-130035_Google.jpg

Last edited:

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Test drove two variants. Both had that little bit of window sticking up when rolled down completely. It’s not super bad but it’s sloppy.

Tom's Emira

Reaction score
Can Lotus roadside assistance help?
I called the roadside assistance. They were friendly, but have no idea of Lotus. I thought I get help how to deal with the issue, but only thing they offered was to pick up my car and transport it to the garage... but to tell the truth, any other brand would do the same... Porsche, Ferrari, Mercedes...
I had ABS and ESC failure and went home on own risk... Motto: just accelerate and never brake...
Anyway I still love the car. It's special in every way... Looks, design, driving experience, but also on issues sadly...

Last edited:

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I noticed the inside of the windows fogging up today. A quick investigation found the driver’s footwell very soggy under the mat. Any suggestions as to where the water is coming in from?

RafP

Reaction score
I noticed the inside of the windows fogging up today. A quick investigation found the driver’s footwell very soggy under the mat. Any suggestions as to where the water is coming in from?
I can’t believe the still do this my launch edition Evora has this issue - was coming in around window seal

Pro-Eng

Reaction score
There was an earlier post where someone had a cracked screen replaced and found a gap in the screen bonding/sealing bead, so there is some precedent on Emira here, top left corner if meneory serves.

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There was an earlier post where someone had a cracked screen replaced and found a gap in the screen bonding/sealing bead, so there is some precedent on Emira here, top left corner if meneory serves.
That was me.

IMG_8041.jpeg
Bottom left. Could see water in the vin window.

Thankfully (!) got hit by a stone before anything consequential got inside.

Shahaf2911

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Well I got a new issue which I don’t think I’ve seen before that happen once 30 minutes ago, I turned off the car at a petrol station and when I tried turning it on nothing happened, tried locking/unlocking but no response, tried the hazard lights but again no response, so I opened the trunk manually and by the time I looked at the battery the screen decided for some odd reason to start working again… didn’t do anything, has it ever happen to someone ? I’m on my way to a 3 trip with my cars hope it’s nothing serious! (And stalling on startup became a daily thing on first startup of the day), haven’t done any software updates since delivery at November 22.
Just a quick update regarding this issue, my brother was with my car for a few weeks and this problem happened 3/4 more times, I found the source to the problem (I think), to sort it out all he needed to do (like I did) is to open the trunk (manually) then just touch the negative terminal of the battery and the car comes back up instantly, I think the problem is rather related to a ground issue and when I will be back with my car I’ll take it for service + fix any issue (currently that’s the only one I can really recall). Probably it will take quite a lot of time until I be able to be back again and fix it and report back as the situation in my home country (Israel) is really heated and a lot of close friends & family lost a lot of family, friends and homes (politics aside please, just wanted to inform regarding this issue).

Andrew P

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes to the pop; in the bodywork behind the driver's seat. The dealer and I concluded that this is the subwoofer powering up.
I didn’t even realise it has a subwoofer- the base is lacking in my view. I wonder if mine is connected. Is the sun visible/ exactly where can you access it?

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I didn’t even realise it has a subwoofer- the base is lacking in my view. I wonder if mine is connected. Is the sun visible/ exactly where can you access it?
Behind the driver's seat (for those of us sat on the correct side 😁 )

BSC

Reaction score
Hi All,

My car is only 1 week old. It is May 2023 build. Creaking of the steering when at stationary (coming out of parking/parking) and at very low speed steering- this maybe covered in previous topic. See video below

Is it due to the:
1) chassis
2) tyre
3) suspension (I’m on tour)
4) something serious I should be really worried about?

Thanks all

Attachments

• IMG_0296.mov
    17.9 MB

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi All,

My car is only 1 week old. It is May 2023 build. Creaking of the steering when at stationary (coming out of parking/parking) and at very low speed steering- this maybe covered in previous topic. See video below

Is it due to the:
1) chassis
2) tyre
3) suspension (I’m on tour)
4) something serious I should be really worried about?

Thanks all
Sounds to me like the steering wheel itself?