Emira Issues - from final production cars

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just seen a post on the Facebook page about yet another owner who has had the car a day and already has gearbox failure. Think this is the closest I’ve been to pulling out. Whole reason I sold the supra is due to it being away being fixed more than I could drive it. I won’t accept the same issue from a brand new car….
Bummer, thats two so far. Send them over here so they can add their input on any other additional issues. Imagine on a road trip home and this happens? Do we get a warning light for this?

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Bummer, thats two so far. Send them over here so they can add their input on any other additional issues. Imagine on a road trip home and this happens? Do we get a warning light for this?
Two what? Are you talking about the transmission hose that leaked oil? I have not heard of a failed transmission but I may have missed it.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Two what? Are you talking about the transmission hose that leaked oil? I have not heard of a failed transmission but I may have missed it.
Two leaking, nothing about a blown tranny. But leaking fluid will cause that if it goes un notticed.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It’s on FB posted an hour ago

Attachments

• 22081474-1041-4511-9DD2-872278F6637A.jpeg
    22081474-1041-4511-9DD2-872278F6637A.jpeg
    215.9 KB · Views: 158
  • D0980839-C1E9-4D62-8B3D-CD5DBF30BCB4.jpeg
    D0980839-C1E9-4D62-8B3D-CD5DBF30BCB4.jpeg
    259.9 KB · Views: 160

PaperLawyer

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Just seen a post on the Facebook page about yet another owner who has had the car a day and already has gearbox failure. Think this is the closest I’ve been to pulling out. Whole reason I sold the supra is due to it being away being fixed more than I could drive it. I won’t accept the same issue from a brand new car….
Saw that too and similarly becoming concerned regarding the severity of some of these issues

idleuser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It’s on FB posted an hour ago
I saw a video a while back where Lotus QC all their cars and take it on the track before delivering it to customers. How did this slip past Lotus QC? 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Saw that too and similarly becoming concerned regarding the severity of some of these issues
"Not going into gear" is very unlikely to be gearbox failure on this type of transmission. Far more likely that the adjustment came loose on the cable linkage for some reason, and it simply isn't moving the input clevis far enough to engage the gear.

I'm not making excuses, it would still be a significant manufacturing screw-up, but it's definitely not the same as total mechanical failure of a major drivetrain component, which is what several people seem to be suggesting or assuming here.

Lolub

Reaction score
"Not going into gear" is very unlikely to be gearbox failure on this type of transmission. Far more likely that the adjustment came loose on the cable linkage for some reason, and it simply isn't moving the input clevis far enough to engage the gear.

I'm not making excuses, it would still be a significant manufacturing screw-up, but it's definitely not the same as total mechanical failure of a major drivetrain component, which is what several people seem to be suggesting or assuming here.
@Porter , that makes sense. I wonder then why they need to do major surgery, according to the FB post. Maybe Lotus is guessing at trying to fix this and/or other issues?

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
There’s something wrong with your brake pads.
They’re only sweeping about half the disk.
Wow, I didn't even notice that. Looks like a chunk of the pad broke off, some of it is still stuck to the rotor that can be seen on the right side of the rotor in the photo. You can also see where the center seam/channel of the brake pad left a mark on that location of the rotor. The rotors are probably fine, but the pads are defective. They might be able to clean up the rotor but one could argue that having been driven with half a brake pad for some miles, it's no longer serviceable for a sports car.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@Porter , that makes sense. I wonder then why they need to do major surgery, according to the FB post. Maybe Lotus is guessing at trying to fix this and/or other issues?
The dealer probably has no clue and are simply collecting the car for Lotus to examine.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
@Sid seriously, that car needs to be looked at and fixed by your dealer. Looks like the pad failed. Possible that it was weather related when the car was stored waiting on build parts or something.

This is no bueno:
View attachment 22289
Oh man! Brakes and seat belt failures... Hope nobody gets them together😬.

This is seriously concerning. How are these passing PDI? @Sid please let us know how your dealer responds. New pads and rotors are needed ASAP!

Hethel Merman

Reaction score
I saw a video a while back where Lotus QC all their cars and take it on the track before delivering it to customers. How did this slip past Lotus QC? 🤦‍♂️
Presumably followed by putting it on a ramp and carefully checking underneath for weeping seals, hoseclips, pipes etc, once the performance and handling have been verified on the track for a dozen hard laps or so.
Then fitting the undertrays.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
After noticing @Sid ‘s brake issue I thought I’d have a proper look at mine and…

View attachment 22475

Nowhere near as bad but it’s another one not noticed at PDI.

B&C will be sorting it tomorrow.
Have B&C said what’s caused it and what the fix is?