Emira art

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The Emira is truly an amazing work of artistic sculpture, combined with purpose and functionality. The more time I spent on renders, and applying textures and shaders to the 3D model, the more I appreciated what they've created.

Nice work thus far!

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
The Emira is truly an amazing work of artistic sculpture, combined with purpose and functionality. The more time I spent on renders, and applying textures and shaders to the 3D model, the more I appreciated what they've created.

Nice work thus far!
Thanks and, yes, you've had a similar immersion to appreciate it! Those renders are awesome.

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
That's enough for tonight, we now have a wing mirror so the shadows on the door and front wing (fender) make sense and the glazing is now starting to highlight the shape we are all so familiar with.

The side glazing won't actually look right until the first edition badge is added, it creates a nice sharpness to that corner, a bit like a sharp accent of eyeliner at the outside corner of an eye.

20220303_225540.jpg
20220303_230324.jpg
20220303_230317.jpg

Tonight's palettes.

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
That's the rear 3/4 starting to come together, looking forward to the black void of the wheel well vent taking its place as another signature Lotus feature.
20220304_195236.jpg

Last edited:
OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Some tricky work on the wheels today, you have to hold the faith that it is all going to come together when complete. Rear wheel 90% there, front 50%, both still need the subtle highlight to the tyre sidewall to finish the effect.
20220306_170444.jpg
20220306_183733.jpg
20220306_191530.jpg

20220306_215709.jpg

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
This is incredible and way above my pay grade.
I'll have to wait for the paint-by-numbers Base edition.
Thanks, and too spooky - my mate bought me a paint-by-numbers red Corvette last week!

Glad you like it, I may do entire FE series with a similar theme (background colour same as the car) but with a different composition for each one.

Also toying with getting a limited edition run of prints done as Giclee prints on fine art paper, probably full size (915mm x 915mm) and 2/3 size (610mm x 610mm).

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks, and too spooky - my mate bought me a paint-by-numbers red Corvette last week!

Glad you like it, I may do entire FE series with a similar theme (background colour same as the car) but with a different composition for each one.

Also toying with getting a limited edition run of prints done as Giclee prints on fine art paper, probably full size (915mm x 915mm) and 2/3 size (610mm x 610mm).
Great work! I reckon you'd find lots of demand for the prints.

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Slowly but surely. Very nice work!
Thanks, not as rapid as your wonderful renders I'm afraid! This will probably have 40-50 hours in it by the time it's done - and I have a day job otherwise I could do it in a week (still glacial by digital standards...)

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks, not as rapid as your wonderful renders I'm afraid! This will probably have 40-50 hours in it by the time it's done - and I have a day job otherwise I could do it in a week (still glacial by digital standards...)
Well I put in the hours on going through the model to apply shaders and textures to it, organize all the parts by identifying each one and putting them in the appropriate group, then spend hours creating and testing the look of each of the paints and surfaces in multiple environments. Once I did all that (which was an ongoing process), then I could do a render in anywhere from 3-12 minutes, depending on what was in the scene and how close the camera was to the car.

Digital gives you fantastic flexibility for changes, but sometimes the setup can be just as laborious.

Love what you're doing and seeing the work "in progress" as it were.

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I definitely will be interested in “Wall art” for my garage once the Emira order is firm!

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Wheels now complete including calipers and centre caps, shadow complete to one side which makes a huge difference (this half now looks finished), tyre sidewall highlights next, then engine cover and the whole gorgeous back end!
20220308_080105.jpg

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Well I put in the hours on going through the model to apply shaders and textures to it, organize all the parts by identifying each one and putting them in the appropriate group, then spend hours creating and testing the look of each of the paints and surfaces in multiple environments. Once I did all that (which was an ongoing process), then I could do a render in anywhere from 3-12 minutes, depending on what was in the scene and how close the camera was to the car.

Digital gives you fantastic flexibility for changes, but sometimes the setup can be just as laborious.

Love what you're doing and seeing the work "in progress" as it were.
That sounds like a massive amount of set up work - taking a lot of time and skill. As you say, once you've got that all in place that's where digital really scores with each new iteration taking a relatively short time.

Damn clever, these new fangled computer thingies!:ROFLMAO:

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Some more progress for you, tyre sidewall highlights added - wheel wells no longer just black voids - and rear screen and engine bay vents added. Still got the reflections to add to the screen which are always tricky but key in bringing glazing to life.

Oh, and the First Edition badge!
20220309_213624.jpg
20220309_213637.jpg

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Some more progress for you, tyre sidewall highlights added - wheel wells no longer just black voids - and rear screen and engine bay vents added. Still got the reflections to add to the screen which are always tricky but key in bringing glazing to life.

Oh, and the First Edition badge!
View attachment 3688View attachment 3689
Great job on the wheels. That must have been really tricky to get right.

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Great job on the wheels. That must have been really tricky to get right.
Thanks and good observation - yes, a particular challenge!

Anything reflective, such as chrome or bright silver, is a combination of reflected sky tones and earth tones, the form determining which appears where.

For the wheels to look convincing first the drafting had to be spot on - the geometry, perspective etc. Then the colour placement and light & shade need to be accurate. The hard part, as I alluded to in my post about the wheels, is "holding the faith" that it is all going to work as it usually only comes to life once the final 5% is done. Kinda sh*t or bust!

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Quite a gratifying area to work on tonight, that gorgeous derriere! Quite a bit of blending and highlighting, then adding the black of the vents making it all pop.

Some detail work to do around the edges or the vents where the light is catching the moulding, then i need to decide tail-lights next or L O T U S next.

Think I may leave L O T U S until the very end, seems fitting...

20220309_213624.jpg

20220310_180720.jpg

20220310_185651.jpg