EMIRA ART - first proofs and a poll on suitable sizes

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Hi everyone, making some good headway on image capture and reproduction now (as well as starting the Nimbus painting tonight).

Below are photos of the first full-size proofs (roughly trimmed - ignore the border size), these are printed on the same stock as the final items, a 315gsm fine art paper. To give you a point of reference, this is a similar weight to most business cards, or about 4 x the thickness of most office printer paper (70-80gsm). This thickness of stock will still roll for despatch in a large diameter cardboard tube.

20220715_153102.jpg
20220715_153023.jpg
20220715_153116.jpg

20220715_175124.jpg
20220715_174938.jpg
20220715_175314.jpg

The second 3 photos show some edited extracts that were used for working on colour balance - it's good to see them against the originals and see how accurately the colours match the originals, which is not always the case. So as well as seeing the composition, drawing and painting process, you are getting to see some of the production process too - I hope that is interesting and illuminating for most of you!

SIZES
Throughout the sharing of this process with you I've mentioned size a few times and I am currently proposing two sizes:
36" x 36" print size with approx 1.5" white border (915mm x 915mm with approx 40mm border)
24" x 24" print size with approx 1" white border (610mm x 610mm with approx 25mm border)

It would be really helpful if you could advise your preference; 36" x 36" requires a good size wall space, bearing in mind that no painting should be squeezed into a space - it needs clear space around it and also enough room for you to stand back and take it in properly. For those of you with good size man caves or garages that should not be an issue!

Next info to follow will be pricing and info on signed and numbered limited run qtys, in the meantime if you have any questions pop them in here or DM me of you prefer.

Gavin

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I have to say I am torn, the green is for me the best picture, just gorgeous, brilliant work even though my car spec is the Blue one. Deal for all three ;-)

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I have to say I am torn, the green is for me the best picture, just gorgeous, brilliant work even though my car spec is the Blue one. Deal for all three ;-)

Agreed! Same here. I'm in for a 24x24... can't wait to see the others eventually. Amazing work!

Matthaus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yeah I agree

The green car pops against the green background, very different shade from the car

I think it's because the blue background needs to be toned down a shade or two, it's too similar to the car and doesn't contrast enough

The yellow one gets away with it due to the angle and the extra black

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
24x24 for me
I’d go for blue as it’s my choice for the car, I do agree that it could do with a bit more contrast with the background.
Stunning work though!

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
24x24 for me
I’d go for blue as it’s my choice for the car, I do agree that it could do with a bit more contrast with the background.
Stunning work though!
Thanks, always good to get feedback and other perspectives.

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Agreed! Darken the blue background a bit and the car will really pop!
I could, but it would mess with the theme of the set. I think the blue loses something when viewed on screen - the saturation increases, somewhat flattening the detail and tones.

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Yeah I agree

The green car pops against the green background, very different shade from the car

I think it's because the blue background needs to be toned down a shade or two, it's too similar to the car and doesn't contrast enough

The yellow one gets away with it due to the angle and the extra black
Good observations, see my comments re this below - really appreciate the well-considered feedback

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Hold on, where is my Magma Red!!?? :)
It's coming! As per my recent post, the sequence for the next 3 will be:
Nimbus
Magma
Shadow

Nimbus and Magma are both exciting challenges.

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Multi-buys will feature! DV is my persoan favourite so far too, I am hoping to equal or top it with Nimbus though, watch this space.