Emira at the Royal Automobile Club's ART OF MOTORING exhibition

Those of you who have been on the forum for a while will be familiar with my original Emira paintings. While I am still not in a position to produce prints (current blocker is a licensing issue as the images of the cars include the trademarked Lotus badge, apparently), I have been invited to exhibit the originals at this prestigious event, which, I have to say, I am well chuffed about! These are all in acrylics on box canvas 36" x 36" (915mm x 915mm).

The exhibition is in London, full details here: https://www.theartofmotoring.co.uk - if you wish you can click "artists" then scroll down until you see my profile (look for the Lancia 037 image). Info also here https://www.instagram.com/theartofmotoringlondon/ and my on my own instagram feed here: https://www.instagram.com/gavin.mcmurray/ (you can also see my own DV Emira here)

There will be work by another 20 automotive artists and 4 automotive sculptors, and I am still pinching myself at being included in this stellar bunch, many of whom, such as Tim Layzell, are highly sought after and globally recognised. My original works will be for sale at the exhibition, more information will be available on the Art of Motoring website nearer the event launch - it opens on Weds 1st November.

Images of the finished originals are below as a reminder of what these were all about, thanks to everyone for their interest and support when I shared the creative process here. I am now back at the easel after a break of almost a year and the Nimbus Emira will be restarted, followed by Magma then, finally, Shadow Grey.

20231004_143254.jpg
20231004_144033.jpg
20231004_144306.jpg
20220630_114904.jpg
20231004_144515.jpg

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Those of you who have been on the forum for a while will be familiar with my original Emira paintings. While I am still not in a position to produce prints (current blocker is a licensing issue as the images of the cars include the trademarked Lotus badge, apparently), I have been invited to exhibit the originals at this prestigious event, which, I have to say, I am well chuffed about! These are all in acrylics on box canvas 36" x 36" (915mm x 915mm).

The exhibition is in London, full details here: https://www.theartofmotoring.co.uk - if you wish you can click "artists" then scroll down until you see my profile (look for the Lancia 037 image). Info also here https://www.instagram.com/theartofmotoringlondon/ and my on my own instagram feed here: https://www.instagram.com/gavin.mcmurray/ (you can also see my own DV Emira here)

There will be work by another 20 automotive artists and 4 automotive sculptors, and I am still pinching myself at being included in this stellar bunch, many of whom, such as Tim Layzell, are highly sought after and globally recognised. My original works will be for sale at the exhibition, more information will be available on the Art of Motoring website nearer the event launch - it opens on Weds 1st November.

Images of the finished originals are below as a reminder of what these were all about, thanks to everyone for their interest and support when I shared the creative process here. I am now back at the easel after a break of almost a year and the Nimbus Emira will be restarted, followed by Magma then, finally, Shadow Grey.

View attachment 32509View attachment 32510View attachment 32511View attachment 32512View attachment 32513
This is a high honor and well deserved. Congratulations!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That’s brilliant news, congratulations! I will try to get over to see it.

You should invite Lotus PR to attend and say you’ll be covering up all the Lotus references on the pictures unless they sort out your licensing :)

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
That’s brilliant news, congratulations! I will try to get over to see it.

You should invite Lotus PR to attend and say you’ll be covering up all the Lotus references on the pictures unless they sort out your licensing :)
Thanks Tom, and please let me know when you may visit as I will be working in London that week and will be at, or close to, the gallery for the duration of the exhibition.

I have a few angles on the licensing up my sleeve, will keep you posted...

mforde

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Congratulations. I hope you get the licensing sorted soon, I would be interested in a Shadow Grey print (my spec). Again congratulations.

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Congratulations. I hope you get the licensing sorted soon, I would be interested in a Shadow Grey print (my spec). Again congratulations.
Thank you! The original work for Nimbus is on the easel just now with progress shots being shared regularly here soon. I guess I may have to do Shadow next after that, then Magma last?! :cool:

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
An unexpected guest....

We had an unexpected and very welcome visitor to the exhibition, you can work out who from the photos. He had clearly come at a quiet time of night near closing to browse in peace so I left him to it, can't be much fun being "on duty" all the time or being treated as public property - he's just a petrolhead at heart the same as the rest of us.

The exhibition, my first, was a real success, more info on that to follow. One of the highlights was our very own @TomE attending as my guest at the private viewing on the Thursday evening, great to meet him at last and we had a really good chat about Lotus and lots of other stuff. Top bloke.

Rowan and Lancia 037.jpg
Rowan and Senna helmet.jpg