Emira Art - number 4 underway soon but which colour...

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
It's that crazy shape-shifter, Nimbus!

While I'm excited to paint Magma, I've already completed 3 pretty intense colours so it was time for something more neutral and Nimbus won over Shadow because:
A. It's more popular
B. I'm saving a dark, intense treatment for the Shadow painting until last...

4 emiras.png

I've created the quick mock-up above by taking by taking my base image for Nimbus and pasting it (quite crudely) into the previous photo of the three actual Hethel Yellow, Dark Verdant and Seneca paintings. Note the that background in the Nimbus painting will be a little darker than it appears here. I've also added a couple of tinted vignettes to get away from just a flat grey background as that may have been a little sterile, unlike Hethel and Seneca, which are powerful enough to work on their own as backgrounds.

The drawing work on this will start on Friday night, with the first paint hitting the canvas over the weekend. Bear in mind that as with DV, there is no metallic paint being used here, just some agile use of colour transition to give the impression of a metallic shade - that's the biggest challenge of all!

In case anyone is wondering as you may not be able to make it out from this image, the spec is:

Lower black pack
Diamond cut alloys
Red calipers
Red interior (I may well use some artistic licence and make the red interior little more noticeable.)

Oh, and it's manual of course! :ROFLMAO:

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
At this point you might as well paint all of the FE colors.

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
At this point you might as well paint all of the FE colors.
That is and always has been the plan! 6 feels like a nice, manageable number for a set - and I'm very happy to be passing the halfway mark about 180 hours in....

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
You need to get #4, #5 and #6 finished by end August, so they are out of the way before they announce the 7 extra colours in September :)

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
You need to get #4, #5 and #6 finished by end August, so they are out of the way before they announce the 7 extra colours in September :)
Those chaps who "created" Dolly the sheep are only 20 mins from where I live, perhaps a spot of cloning is in order!

But, seriously though, the plan after the 6 FE colours are complete and the print run is underway is to move on to commissions, mainly, but not exclusively, Lotus.