• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Driver seat issue

That's my worry. The odds of the material being a one off defect is pretty slim. Real leather shouldn't do that.

That's my worry. The odds of the material being a one off defect is pretty slim. Real leather shouldn't do that.
I was thinking to even buy this aftermarket seats from grp just to not dealing with this shit , but I want new seat anyway . Material
They used it’s cheap . It will crack again but I hope it will not in 20 miles

I had the exact same issue and Lotus sorted it under warranty. I came across a video yesterday where someone had used a piece of shower rubber pushed between the plastic housing and the seat leather which seemed to be a clever solution
Do you know how Lotus "sorted it"? Would be really helpful to share that info, thanks.

I was thinking to even buy this aftermarket seats from grp just to not dealing with this shit , but I want new seat anyway . Material
They used it’s cheap . It will crack again but I hope it will not in 20 miles
It's a Bridge Of Weir leather so it should have been OK. We have used this in the past with no problems. It's more likely the sharp plastic edge and over soft foam. At the end of the day the surface of leather is just a paint.

So damn fragile that it was already scarred from the factory......WOW! Any reports of this kind of thing from other markets where the Emira has been on sale longer?

Tobiasz17ars in post #54, where you included what/where you purchased, it has an attachment that didn't come through. Time2Fly pointed this out as well in post #55. Could you possibly link again when you have a moment?

Last edited:
So damn fragile that it was already scarred from the factory......WOW! Any reports of this kind of thing from other markets where the Emira has been on sale longer?

Tobiasz17ars in post #54, where you included what/where you purchased, it has an attachment that didn't come through. Time2Fly pointed this out as well in post #55. Could you possibly link again when you have a moment?
@Tobiasz17azs ?

Saw a test drive being done in England on you tube, looked about a year old ( don’t remember the title). As the driver opened the door you could clearly see the damaged side of the seat before he got in. This isn’t a new event…

Saw a test drive being done in England on you tube, looked about a year old ( don’t remember the title). As the driver opened the door you could clearly see the damaged side of the seat before he got in. This isn’t a new event…
And like I mentioned, I looked at the sample seats in the factory and at a car coming off the line and the seat trim is super sharp. Like it was cut or molded that way and never deburred or smoothed. You could probably take the seat apart and use a small torch or deburr tool to round it off instead of doing so with trim, but it shouldn't be happening.

That’s the one I bought

After reading this thread I took note to check that area out next time I was in the car. Sure enough, there is some minor wear at only 100 miles. I ran my finger between the upholstery and plastic trim and a sharp plastic mold line can be felt on the entire length of the edge.
I purchased the linked Amazon edge trim, will be here tomorrow. Thanks for this thread and the solution

Just purchased the same.......who knew my first accessory for my future Emira would be to address a factory defect LOL!

Much obliged to @Tobiasz17azs and everyone else on this thread. Cracking seats in a brand new six figure car would have been quite terrible to deal with!
No problem im happy I was able to help . I hope my new seat will be better !

here is my seat repair for. prevent the leather from this torn found the seal on amazon
Philippe

Attachments

• IMG_20240526_092231076_AE.jpg
    IMG_20240526_092231076_AE.jpg
    342.1 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20240402_090633864_HDR_AE.jpg
    IMG_20240402_090633864_HDR_AE.jpg
    562 KB · Views: 76
I have a simple solution to this problem. After reading this thread I remembered I had some rubber edge trim I have used before to protect panel edges. Works really well, not particularly visible and took 5 mins to do both seats.View attachment 43500View attachment 43501
Thanks Steve, I bought the same trim and it makes a really neat job. For anyone doing the same fix and struggling to get the trim in place, I found that flattening the trim and feeding one edge into the gap made it fairly easy.

IMG20240525173944.jpg

I picked up my Emira Friday and had bought and brought some of this edge trim with me. It took all of 5 minutes to apply it to the seat at the dealership and now I have peace of mind. The car only had 8 miles on it and the seat was undamaged, so now it will remain so!
PXL_20240524_183129869.jpg

PXL_20240524_183146682.jpg