certificate of provenance

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone know if Lotus supply the provenance cert pack free with all new cars, or is there still an additional charge of GBP 170, as per the lotus site

I think you have to pay for it, but perhaps they should consider including it at least for all FE buyers as a thank you for being part of the process from the start and paying early deposits :)

I think you have to pay for it, but perhaps they should consider including it at least for all FE buyers as a thank you for being part of the process from the start and paying early deposits
I think you have to pay for it, but perhaps they should consider including it at least for all FE buyers as a thank you for being part of the process from the start and paying early deposits :)
Yes that would be a nice gesture, I will ask when I am contacted 30 days before delivery

If they don’t, because it’s unlikely they will, it’s still worth it to get it separately. Such a cool package.

If they don’t, because it’s unlikely they will, it’s still worth it to get it separately. Such a cool package.
agree, and I would pay if pushed. but fingers crossed if you ask, they throw it in ex gratia

Definitely getting the Certificate of Providence when the time comes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211226-132250_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211226-132250_Chrome.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 169
That's really nice and should be included with new Lotus purchase IMO. Us First Edition buyers need to get something other than that silly little badge. Yes, we're getting an unknown discount on the FE package but we're also not getting additional colors, adas, or any extra power.

I posted an example of one here:

It used to be the case that you could negotiate with your dealer to have it included in your purchase. With the new direct model in the UK and many US dealers committing to no markups there may be limited margin for them to do it.

I agree it would be a nice gesture from Lotus to at least include the certificate, even if not the whole bundle. I've suggested a few ideas like this in my feedback to Lotus, things they could send to deposit holders as part of the journey through to delivery.

I won't share what I've suggested yet, then hopefully Lotus will adopt some of them and you'll get a few nice surprises!

It used to be the case that you could negotiate with your dealer to have it included in your purchase. With the new direct model in the UK and many US dealers committing to no markups there may be limited margin for them to do it.

I agree it would be a nice gesture from Lotus to at least include the certificate, even if not the whole bundle. I've suggested a few ideas like this in my feedback to Lotus, things they could send to deposit holders as part of the journey through to delivery.

I won't share what I've suggested yet, then hopefully Lotus will adopt some of them and you'll get a few nice surprises!
Strange really to me. On my BMW it has on the plate in the door, when the car was built on the production line. Using the vin number I can go onto a public website and it will clearly show the standard fit options and option items installed.

On the Aston DB11 the first editions had a plaque signed by the Aston chief exec.

I really hope we get a signed plaque or something similar.. Especially since these 6 FE colors aren't limited to FEs.

Just an example, but wouldn’t it be cool, even for $x more, to get a package:
Hat
Polo
Provenance
Extra Key Chain(s)
Car Cover
Alternate Floor Mats
1:18 Model

I’d see paying for that as acceptable or if they added it in due to delays or poor communication that’d be great!

Just an example, but wouldn’t it be cool, even for $x more, to get a package:
Hat
Polo
Provenance
Extra Key Chain(s)
Car Cover
Alternate Floor Mats
1:18 Model

I’d see paying for that as acceptable or if they added it in due to delays or poor communication that’d be great!
Did you put hat top of your list?

What would be the cost of a provenance document? After all, with modern production, every detail of a car’s manufacture is captured in real time. Seems to me all that’s needed is a color printer at the end of the production line tied to a barcode reader and a technician to scan, print and place in a nice envelope.

Great if Lotus does include the CoP package with the Emira. I had to purchase it separately (for the RGB), and it wasn't as fancy as the one on offer today and did not come in any fancy packaging but it did have all the info I was looking to have documented - the printed documentation is exactly the same.

For anyone interested, here is where one would go to get one: https://www.lotuscars.com/en-GB/certificate-provenance/

I think Ferrari has the coolest way of doing this - every car has a plaque mounted inside the front boot with all the build details, like this:

Used-2017-Ferrari-488-GTB.jpg

I like this.. first we need a proper front boot!