• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

The final Elise, Exige and Evora celebrated

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The final three cars have been completed and will go into the Lotus heritage collection. Truly the end of a 26-year era and the prelude to an exciting year in 2022 with Emira, Evija and Type 132. Some interesting statistics in the press release:

The-end-of-an-era_1.jpg

prestonc

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Evora production was 6,117 cars over 12 years. Amazing to think they'll produce that many Emiras in 15 months.
Wow, is that the total?
Definitely keeping my old Evora!
I wonder if Lotus could tell me what number mine is on that list.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Wow, is that the total?
Definitely keeping my old Evora!
I wonder if Lotus could tell me what number mine is on that list.
Yes, if you order a Certificate of Provenance. It'll also tell you how many were built to them same spec as yours.

prestonc

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Any idea how many Evora GTs were made? How many were auto and manual?

One of the Lotus dealers verbally told me that production numbers for 2020-2021 GTs combined were in the upper 500s.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I don’t have any of the splits and Lotus are often a bit secretive about it.

There have been special edition runs in the past where they produced less or more then the published limit. There are a few threads on other forums like LotusTalk and TheLotusForums where people have tried to pull together definitive figures.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I don’t have any of the splits and Lotus are often a bit secretive about it.

There have been special edition runs in the past where they produced less or more then the published limit. There are a few threads on other forums like LotusTalk and TheLotusForums where people have tried to pull together definitive figures.
Is that all on the provenance docs?

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Getting a Certificate of Provenance is well worth it, as it also can include the specification of the car as it left the factory.

Given that only 141 RGBs were built, I did specifically request as much information be included in the certificate. In my case, a factory-fitted LSD was indeed included in the spec, which neither the seller nor I were aware of when I purchased #138. The LSD was probably optioned when #138 was ordered, but it wasn't listed in the sales invoice, so either the first owner got a free LSD or the dealership forgot to charge for it!

Last edited:

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Was LSD an option on earlier manual Evora’s?

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
What a cool picture! I wonder if the last Evora was spec built to someone’s wishes or if they just loaded it up with every option? Regardless, what a beautiful car! Now I’d like to know where I get a pair of those green overalls. They are epic and they look awesome.,

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Getting a Certificate of Provenance is well worth it, as it also can include the specification of the car as it left the factory.

Given that only 141 RGBs were built, I did specifically request as much information be included in the certificate. In my case, a factory-fitted LSD was indeed included in the spec, which neither the seller nor I were aware of when I purchased #138. The LSD was probably optioned when #138 was ordered, but it wasn't listed in the sales invoice, so either the first owner got a free LSD or the dealership forgot to charge for it!
Just got mine in. Incredible.

Mine is “The only 2018 Evora 400 (manual) for the USA in Racing Green”.

Out of 95 2018 Evoras 79 were manual and only one was Racing Green.

Totally worth it.