Lotus and Onoto launch 75th Anniversary pen

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Lotus press release:

"Lotus has today announced a unique collaboration with Onoto, the distinguished handcrafted, British luxury fountain pen brand, in celebration of the 75-year heritage of Lotus. In 2023, Lotus reflects on 75 years of innovation and success, which have unquestionably helped shape the motoring and motorsport landscapes of today and have created some of the world’s most renowned and loved cars.

Both companies are dedicated to the highest levels of British craftsmanship and are thrilled to unite in this partnership. A milestone occasion, it provides an opportunity for Lotus to showcase its unwavering commitment to industry-leading excellence.

This exclusive collaboration between Lotus and Onoto has resulted in the creation of an iconic limited-edition pen. With Aluminium being the principal material of choice for Lotus Cars, from the very first Lotus MK1 in 1948, the exquisite writing instrument is crafted using premium quality recycled aluminium sourced from historic Lotus Formula One cars. The aluminium has been sourced from significant car designs throughout the 75 years of Lotus, in particular the Type 72 which was one of its most successful and iconic Formula One cars, adding a touch of British heritage to the design.

Learn more here: https://onoto.com/product/lotus-cars-75th-anniversary-pen/"

I'm sure it's lovely and very collectible.....

Lotus-3-1-aspect-ratio-9-8-1.jpg

....but £2,995?!

"Available to pre-order" - where have we heard that before? :)

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It looks very nice and everything but I can think of better places to put £3k!

There is a lot more merchandise coming from Lotus. The Piccadilly showroom had some which is not available online yet and all very high end. I did make the suggestion of overnight bags specifically designed for the Emira so they fit in the boot perfectly. The team there seemed quite excited about it and got in touch with HQ straight away.

I've also noticed a number of new keyrings which you can actually use for the Emira key!

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I presume the ink is made from Unicorns’ tears and is “coming soon”?

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I did make the suggestion of overnight bags specifically designed for the Emira so they fit in the boot perfectly. The team there seemed quite excited about it and got in touch with HQ straight away.

I've also noticed a number of new keyrings which you can actually use for the Emira key!

How in the world were these not already a thing?

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Lotus press release:

"Lotus has today announced a unique collaboration with Onoto, the distinguished handcrafted, British luxury fountain pen brand, in celebration of the 75-year heritage of Lotus. In 2023, Lotus reflects on 75 years of innovation and success, which have unquestionably helped shape the motoring and motorsport landscapes of today and have created some of the world’s most renowned and loved cars.

Both companies are dedicated to the highest levels of British craftsmanship and are thrilled to unite in this partnership. A milestone occasion, it provides an opportunity for Lotus to showcase its unwavering commitment to industry-leading excellence.

This exclusive collaboration between Lotus and Onoto has resulted in the creation of an iconic limited-edition pen. With Aluminium being the principal material of choice for Lotus Cars, from the very first Lotus MK1 in 1948, the exquisite writing instrument is crafted using premium quality recycled aluminium sourced from historic Lotus Formula One cars. The aluminium has been sourced from significant car designs throughout the 75 years of Lotus, in particular the Type 72 which was one of its most successful and iconic Formula One cars, adding a touch of British heritage to the design.

Learn more here: https://onoto.com/product/lotus-cars-75th-anniversary-pen/"

I'm sure it's lovely and very collectible.....

Lotus-3-1-aspect-ratio-9-8-1.jpg

....but £2,995?!

"Available to pre-order" - where have we heard that before? :)
Lotus LE pen: add write-ness
No one mentioned Hethel Yellow.